Options

It's a Brand New [CHAT]!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Never seen Ronin.

Heard things.

If I listed the movies I haven't seen... I'd be ambushed here.

Maybe you should go watch Die Hard just in case.

That I've seen.

Yeah but still, just to be sure.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I love marvel movies. Like so much.

I kinda hate 80% of the Stan Lee scenes.

It's like Jesus Christ we get it

If Stan Lee was capable of acting even the tiniest little bit they wouldn't be so bad.

I'm writing a letter to President Obama to drone strike the both of you before he's out of office

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Preacher wrote: »

Whats really kind of annoying is Stan isn't even the creator of a lot of the things he's credited for. So like his cameos are insulting on top of being boring.

I think the only things he's appeared in but didn't create are the Captain America movies and GotG

and he's been associated with Cap since the character's creation so I think finding it offensive raises ludicrousness to the level of art form

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    My university was the center of a rape and racism controversy for like half my senior year

it was not fun

... Duke University?

*nods*

I didn't know you were a dookie

I know you went to UNC tho

you never listen when I talk

*sobs*

You only talk about your gross hetero sex why would I listen

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I still have a mix CD The Nameless One sent me in 2004

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i've always had this av

speaking of which

@Chanus can you put a christmoose hat on it

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Whats really kind of annoying is Stan isn't even the creator of a lot of the things he's credited for. So like his cameos are insulting on top of being boring.

I think the only things he's appeared in but didn't create are the Captain America movies and GotG

and he's been associated with Cap since the character's creation so I think finding it offensive raises ludicrousness to the level of art form

So in character for me...

He also didn't create deadpool.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Are you all taking a trip down memory lane?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Confession time

I'm Havelock
    me too

who was P1 through P9?

I'd tell you what happened to the first five Solomaxwells but it's a deeply personal story involving murder, unrequited love for Solomaxwell2, and the darkest of treacheries by Solomaxwell5.
    i wasn't p9 before i was p10

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    kusu isn't that deep a cut

Nameless One, Aquabat, Thumper

deep cuts

I miss Doc and the guy with the polar bear av

Low Key?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    NMS at $35 is tempting

The latest patch basically makes the game satisfactory. Maybe not quite $60 for most people but $35, sure.

That's my thinking. I never followed it at all so the hype didn't matter but it looked interesting when it was released. What seemed there at release didn't seem worth it but I figured if it either went on sale or got a major update that made it a little deeper, I'd take another look.

I bet there will be another moderately sized update and after that the game will either pick back up a playerbase (unlikely) or it'll die. But it'll die in an alright state. You could wait until then, when it's even better and costs $15.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Never seen Ronin.

Heard things.

That I've seen.

Yeah but still, just to be sure.

I watch it every x-mas, along with National Lampoons.

Because no fucking shit lady do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

No Oberfuhrer smith

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

deep cuts

Low Key?
    yes

that was bugging me

• Options
    NMS at $35 is tempting

The latest patch basically makes the game satisfactory. Maybe not quite $60 for most people but $35, sure.

That's my thinking. I never followed it at all so the hype didn't matter but it looked interesting when it was released. What seemed there at release didn't seem worth it but I figured if it either went on sale or got a major update that made it a little deeper, I'd take another look.

I bet there will be another moderately sized update and after that the game will either pick back up a playerbase (unlikely) or it'll die. But it'll die in an alright state. You could wait until then, when it's even better and costs $15.

True. There's no rush with this one.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    NMS at $35 is tempting

It wasn't that bad. Ive gotten less play time off of games with much higher dev teams. People were mad because they promised the moon like salesman do. If they were upfront about the deadline issues and undoable feature bloat then I think people would be more receptive now especially with this update.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    oh my god this trump surrogate asshole on CNN just called my college a "big university that supports flag burning"

oh, yes

FOR SURE GUYS

BIG UNIVERSITY (there are 1400 of us jesus) that SUPPORTS FLAG BURNING (one of the initial emails from the board was about their non-support ((but understanding)) of flag burning)

fuck these dudes

hah i saw that on the news yesterday when i was at my parents place

Oh God Oh God I have to get out in front of this with my elderly Republican family

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

hey pal

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Low Key Lyesmith?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Ronin is a great piece of film

I got bored watching it, like a troglodyte

Now I feel like I have to shit on you because VH is watching and taking inventory of my character and no man is my ruler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSaEPVSVEE

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Woof that was an hour long meeting followed by a 30 minute "dad fuck ups: latest edition" call from my BiL

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Werbeniuk
    Alcohol consumption

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[2][4] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[5] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[6]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager a before every match as a tax deductible expense.

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[2] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[7] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[2]

Tav on
  • Options

No Oberfuhrer smith

heil yourself

• Options
    Woof that was an hour long meeting followed by a 30 minute "dad fuck ups: latest edition" call from my BiL

So has your dad been arrested yet?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    haps wishes me happy birthday every year like clockwork on facebook

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I've known irond will and vari in person for fucking ever

Will gave me a cocktail before I was 21

What a guy

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    If Russia is indeed behind any of this I may sell my Mosin out of protest.

(also they're up to like $600 now so it would be a HUGE PROFIT)

(YUGE!)

What the actual fuck

Why would you buy a Mosin for $600 when you could get a Remmy 700 mid model or like a Savage or a Ruger entry model and 200 rounds of ammo

The whole joke is it was a meme gun if you wanted to go buy a cannon for 150

Part of milsurp or C&R collecting is the historical aspects. And the thing about the Mosin is that it's got a ton of history. As the joke goes, it's fought in every major war and won against itself. The Mosin is basically the entry level milsurp gun because of it. They used to be absurdly cheap and you can still find basic Mosins in the sub $200 range if you are willing to look. The next steps are in the Garands which can be $800 plus.

And if you shoot it with surplus Russian ammo it makes a nice big fireball.

Dad got a "correct grade" Garand back when CMP was just pay $350 and take your chances. Got an M1 Carbine the same way for $400.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

bunch of pages back but

oh fuck me I completely remembered the drinking contest as cuts back and forth in my head

I had forgotten that it was all one shot

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Winky wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    also HOT TAKE: people really love that one unbroken shot in children of men but i don't like it very much

Long unbroken shot is the art-film equivalent of that big spinny expensive climactic battle shot near the end of every marvel comicbook movie.

Only Joss Whedon does it well?

It was original and exciting once or twice but now I'm too cool for it.

You know when a little kid is like, again again! And you're like, my arms are tired, I can't keep tossing you up in the air. And they won't relent, and they demand AGAIN. AGAIN! And so you relent and do it maybe once more.

Have you ever let them keep going? Have you ever tossed them into the air or made that one face again and again, as much as they want? It's great. You get to watch the magic drain from something special one repetition at a time, until it's dead and totally dried out. You get to watch the enthusiasm drain from a child's face and the sparkle leave their eyes and they stop asking. They walk away knowing they made a mistake but unsure of where things went wrong. Sometimes they cry.
    This doesn't actually happen, though. Kids are dumb like that. They get bored, but the magic never actually drains.

This only happens to teenagers, when they find out that love isn't what they thought it would be. Or adults, when they find themselves in a dead-end career or marriage.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    oh my god this trump surrogate asshole on CNN just called my college a "big university that supports flag burning"

oh, yes

FOR SURE GUYS

BIG UNIVERSITY (there are 1400 of us jesus) that SUPPORTS FLAG BURNING (one of the initial emails from the board was about their non-support ((but understanding)) of flag burning)

fuck these dudes

hah i saw that on the news yesterday when i was at my parents place

Oh God Oh God I have to get out in front of this with my elderly Republican family

At this point if you don't burn an american flag I can hardly call you an american citizen, much less a student of your university

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Werbeniuk
    Alcohol consumption

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[2][4] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[5] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[6]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager a before every match as a tax deductible expense.

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[2] 43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[7] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[2]

unsurprisingly, he did not live a long life :(

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    For some reason I always forget poor @Shazkar Shadowstorm though. Like clockwork.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've known irond will and vari in person for fucking ever

Will gave me a cocktail before I was 21

What a guy

what year did you stay at my house for the improv thing?

that was before atlanta pax I am pretty sure

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    For some reason I always forget poor @Shazkar Shadowstorm though. Like clockwork.

you consistently wish me a happy belated bday on fb tho

poo
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Never seen Ronin.

Heard things.

It's not close enough to Christmas yet.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »

deep cuts

Low Key?

yes! Lokes. he was a good egg

it was really amazing that an egg could post on a forum at all

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    NMS at $35 is tempting

It wasn't that bad. Ive gotten less play time off of games with much higher dev teams. People were mad because they promised the moon like salesman do. If they were upfront about the deadline issues and undoable feature bloat then I think people would be more receptive now especially with this update.

I'm not saying it was good or bad at all, just that for me there didn't seem to be enough at launch to justify $60, which I almost never spend on games these days. Sales or major updates will give me a chance to look at it again and see if there's enough to pull the trigger, that's all.

• Options
    Yeah it's not like there's not still 14 million Mosins out there, it's just that if you live in the US whatever we currently have here is likely all we're going to get any time soon, so the price just quadrupled.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Movies I need to watch:

Primer
    Akira
    Oldboy
    Ronin
    Dances with Wolves
    Kick-Ass
    Hunchback of Notre Dame (Yeah, the disney one, never seen it)
    Donnie Brasco
    The Godfather pt II

etc...

• Options

Well he does make sure the trains run on time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.