Options

Oh for God's sake, let's talk about the freaking [Election Fallout]

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bill Clinton was the Triangulator. Hillary was always acknowledged as a liberal advisor of his. Just because they share a last name doesn't mean they share a hivemind.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Pizzagate apparently is going to keep going:
    RaMtwF.png

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I despise that man so much.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Thanks for ruining that Tarantino line for me forever, JERK

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I can't help but wonder whether pizzagate started just a bit too close to the election, so that people heard enough about it to know that there was another breaking Clinton "scandal" but not enough to realise that it was complete and utter bullshit.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I didn't hear about it until like a week ago, so I don't think it was a thing outside the fever swamp.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I didn't hear about it until like a week ago, so I don't think it was a thing outside the fever swamp.

There were brief mentions even here about it. It started during the e-mail leak stuff.

But its so clearly dumb on the surface it never got traction.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

It just seems like such an eminently falsifiable claim. Like saying, Hilary is actually 3 inches tall, or a chicken. It's a pizza restaurant. It's never had any relationship at all to pedophilia. It has no secret tunnels filled with children. It's literally making a large amount of tasty pizza. You can go eat the pizza, its good. You can see the people there, eating the pizza. They will tell you they are enjoying it. Many of them are there with their children, their LITERAL SONS AND DAUGHTERS, eating the damn pizza.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bill Clinton was the Triangulator. Hillary was always acknowledged as a liberal advisor of his. Just because they share a last name doesn't mean they share a hivemind.

Triangulation was a primary method for politics revolving around the centrist/DLC philosophy. Bill and Hillary were among that movement's founders. Hillary did the same thing, though not all centrists do this identically.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

It just seems like such an eminently falsifiable claim. Like saying, Hilary is actually 3 inches tall, or a chicken. It's a pizza restaurant. It's never had any relationship at all to pedophilia. It has no secret tunnels filled with children. It's literally making a large amount of tasty pizza. You can go eat the pizza, its good. You can see the people there, eating the pizza. They will tell you they are enjoying it. Many of them are there with their children, their LITERAL SONS AND DAUGHTERS, eating the damn pizza.

Seriously, it's not like it's a Chuck E. Cheese or something.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder whether pizzagate started just a bit too close to the election, so that people heard enough about it to know that there was another breaking Clinton "scandal" but not enough to realise that it was complete and utter bullshit.
    I mean...all of the "scandals" were complete and utter bullshit?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrostwoodFrostwood Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    RaMtwF.png

Is this really gaining traction?

• Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

US Presidents make up a surprising solid superhero team:

Bill "The Triangulator" Clinton - team tactician
    George W. "The Decider" Bush - team leader
    Barack "The Islamic Shock" Obama* - the muscle (nicknamed Super Allah Master Force in the manga)
    Donald "Tiny hands' Trump - comic sidekick

• Options
    Frostwood wrote: »
    RaMtwF.png

Is this really gaining traction?

Only because it's in the news due to the shooting.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    My Facebook is blowing up saying Joe Biden will run in 2020.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

But he'll be like 78

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Now, let's be fair here. There's voices within the Dems defending Ellison from these smears. But let's be honest, Ellison's bid for DNC leadership is dead in the water since "the Dems have bills to pay for".
    The ADL is the best argument against dual-citizenship I know about

I'm sorry, but what?

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    RaMtwF.png

In all fairness, with the massive amount of stuff Operation Yewtree had over here with the on-going repercussions still felt with it now reaching into the FA:
    Prepare for dark times; the amount of organised child abuse, turning a blind eye and actively facilitating I don't believe was unique to the Catholic Church and the UK during the 70s/80s.

It's not going to be a partisan issue (Ye gods don't let him do that), but it is still going to be brutal.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

But he'll be like 78

The wealthy live long.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    There's a huge pedophilia scandal about the UK government right now (not the current one, the '80s) and they didn't bother with elaborate codes and crap. Just private parties and powerful people willing to cover up anything embarrassing. The sad thing is that there are probably politicians in the USA using their power to abuse children, but Republicans would probably be disappointed that the pedos won't perfectly coincide with their favourite bête noirs - there was a minor scandal recently as obscure former Republican speaker, Dennis Hastert, was discovered to be a pedophile.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    who is actually going to run in 2020, though

democrats should be thinking about this now

hint: try to get someone less than seventy years old

• Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Ha! Like we have anyone that young. If we did they'd be making themselves a name by serving as a rallying point against Donald Trump. We don't even have a leader for the DNC at the moment and we have no plan to take back the country's state legislatures and governorships. I am starting to fucking hate the Democratic Party. There has never been such a useless party in the entirety of history.

LoisLane on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    RaMtwF.png

In all fairness, with the massive amount of stuff Operation Yewtree had over here with the on-going repercussions still felt with it now reaching into the FA:
    Prepare for dark times; the amount of organised child abuse, turning a blind eye and actively facilitating I don't believe was unique to the Catholic Church and the UK during the 70s/80s.

It's not going to be a partisan issue (Ye gods don't let him do that), but it is still going to be brutal.
    Now, let's be fair here. There's voices within the Dems defending Ellison from these smears. But let's be honest, Ellison's bid for DNC leadership is dead in the water since "the Dems have bills to pay for".
    The ADL is the best argument against dual-citizenship I know about

I'm sorry, but what?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    RaMtwF.png

While I doubt it's constrained I don't see how you can say anything is "coming down the pipe" as it were.

We had Epstein(sp?) and that didn't hurt trump any

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    LoisLane wrote: »

Ha! Like we have anyone that young. If we did they'd be making themselves a name by serving as a rallying point against Donald Trump.

It's not like there's any shortage of Dems attacking Trump, and plans for 2020 are already in motion.

Like, right now my tentative support is for Sen Gillibrand, and she's already been making connections with donors and operatives. She hasn't made some big media-centric power play yet, no, but the media already has more than enough to talk about during the transition, and they don't really care about having a train of Dem politicians come on and say "I don't like Trump!" "I too don't like Trump!" "I refuse to back Trump's cabinet nominations because I also don't like Trump!" They might bring up someone like Warren or Sanders who have already achieved fame, but that's about it.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    tbloxham wrote: »

Seriously, it's not like it's a Chuck E. Cheese or something.

Hey now. Chuck E. Cheese has no connection to pedophilia. They are too busy getting your kids addicted to gambling to bother with anything else.

Gnizmo on
  • Options

Ha! Like we have anyone that young. If we did they'd be making themselves a name by serving as a rallying point against Donald Trump.

It's not like there's any shortage of Dems attacking Trump, and plans for 2020 are already in motion.

Like, right now my tentative support is for Sen Gillibrand, and she's already been making connections with donors and operatives. She hasn't made some big media-centric power play yet, no, but the media already has more than enough to talk about during the transition, and they don't really care about having a train of Dem politicians come on and say "I don't like Trump!" "I too don't like Trump!" "I refuse to back Trump's cabinet nominations because I also don't like Trump!" They might bring up someone like Warren or Sanders who have already achieved fame, but that's about it.

And that's exactly what I mean when I say that we need to "win" the war on the media. We need to fill the air time with the false equivalency to actively counter Connway, Pierson, and Mr. 'says who'.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Ballot For Trump
    The election of the next president is not yet a done deal. Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country. Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

And that's exactly what I mean when I say that we need to "win" the war on the media. We need to fill the air time with the false equivalency to actively counter Connway, Pierson, and Mr. 'says who'.

That's not really up to the Democratic Party.

I'm sure Dems would love to fill up the airwaves. I'll bet that the host of senators and governors and the lower ranking hoi poilloi would all love to be on TV 24/7. But it's not as easy as just taking a drive up to Fox News in NYC and hopping on with a sympathetic host for a few hours.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    The election of the next president is not yet a done deal. Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country. Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience.

If he actually loses because of the EC...man, I don't even know where to begin.

Tensions are already high.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular

The problem is that all the prominent ones are old as fuck.

Where are our Rubios, Scott Walkers, John Kasichs, and the like. You would expect the Democratic party to do what the conservatives did and start mass mobilizing. The Tea Party was born within one year of Obama's inauguration.

One. Year.

And those who were savvy could probably start to seeds crop up the two months before his inauguration. Thousands of political offices were filled on the backs of this movement. Cantor and his ilk got in stepping on Tea Party votes. Bright young Republicans swooped in to create the climate we have now.

I have seen no equivalent of this on the left.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

That's not really up to the Democratic Party.

I'm sure Dems would love to fill up the airwaves. I'll bet that the host of senators and governors and the lower ranking hoi poilloi would all love to be on TV 24/7. But it's not as easy as just taking a drive up to Fox News in NYC and hopping on with a sympathetic host for a few hours.

Sure they don't have a fox equivalent, which is a completely separate and very important issue that they need to work on, but I was talking more about the braindead "equal time" panel shows on CNN and the like. Can you guys even name a single one of the dems on the other side of those roundtables?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

It would be a massive shitshow, and likely worse than if we just put up with (hopefully only) four years of Trump.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular

I mean, who would win? I actually don't know what happens (other than civil unrest and riots, presumably), what if he sticks with like 200~ votes, Hillary has more, and Kasich picks up the rest somehow? Does Hillary win? Does it go to the Senate?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

I mean, who would win? I actually don't know what happens (other than civil unrest and riots, presumably), what if he sticks with like 200~ votes, Hillary has more, and Kasich picks up the rest somehow? Does Hillary win? Does it go to the Senate?

Goes to the House.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Where are our Rubios, Scott Walkers, John Kasichs, and the like. You would expect the Democratic party to do what the conservatives did and start mass mobilizing. The Tea Party was born within one year of Obama's inauguration.

One. Year.

And those who were savvy could probably start to seeds crop up the two months before his inauguration. Thousands of political offices were filled on the backs of this movement. Cantor and his ilk got in stepping on Tea Party votes. Bright young Republicans swooped in to create the climate we have now.

That's because you're not looking. There's Brand New Congress and Our Revolution, two Sanders-associated organizations that are dedicated to churning out new talent. A friend of mine has gotten involved with EmergeVA, one of a group of Emerge organizations dedicated to training and electing new Democratic women. Last night I received a call from (and donated to) the DSCC; the theme of the call was about building up a war chest to help attract new Democrats for the 2018 races. My local Dem party has gotten aggressive about interviewing for local races and party positions. There are a host of these operations.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    If they threw it to the house it would doubtlessly go to Trump. Folks would need to switch their vote to Hillary. Which they could justify given the large margin she received in the popular vote.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

If no one received an outright majority, the incoming House votes by state delegation, 26 required to win.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

One. Year.

That's because you're not looking. There's Brand New Congress and Our Revolution, two Sanders-associated organizations that are dedicated to churning out new talent. A friend of mine has gotten involved with EmergeVA, one of a group of Emerge organizations dedicated to training and electing new Democratic women. Last night I received a call from (and donated to) the DSCC; the theme of the call was about building up a war chest to help attract new Democrats for the 2018 races. My local Dem party has gotten aggressive about interviewing for local races and party positions. There are a host of these operations.

Not Democrats - Democratic women. No thanks men, identity politics more important than electoral politics.

This is exactly the sort of thing that prevents a Dem Tea Party.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I mean

There are a host of these operations?

There should be one operation per state.

This discussion has been closed.