Options

I wanna punch [chat] radio hosts in the mouth

• Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Golden Retrievers are the best.

Sami on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    Huskies are the dogs that simply never stop
    They're beautiful, but a little tweaked and difficult to train. Even little ones will pull your arm out of its socket on walks.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm suprized. A friend of mine rescues greyhounds and talks all the time about how much they want to run.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I have heard good things about rescued greyhounds.

They need lots (LOTS) of exercise. I wouldn't even consider it if you didn't have a big backyard for them to run in.

Are you sure about this? I've known a number of rescued greyhounds who live in apartments and apparently they get incredibly lazy at around age 2.

This is what I've heard by someone who loves the things.

They become incredibly mellow.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Your friend is a liar!

Confront him or her with the hard evidence of wikipedia and watch your friend break down, sobbing, at your feet. Then turn around and walk away.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    I'm suprized. A friend of mine rescues greyhounds and talks all the time about how much they want to run.
    If he actually rescues them, like he's the guy how takes them off the hands of the racers, then they're probably still young and still trained to run a lot.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's possible that they'll do anything so long as you don't kick their ass onto the street.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Your friend is a liar!

Confront him or her with the hard evidence of wikipedia and watch your friend break down, sobbing, at your feet. Then turn around and walk away.

I already called him and told him I wanted all the shit he'd borrowed from me back. Then I called him a bitch and hung up the phone really fast.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If he actually rescues them, like he's the guy how takes them off the hands of the racers, then they're probably still young and still trained to run a lot.

Yeah, that's what he does. And probably why.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone here play Assassin's Creed? Does the horrible plot get any better?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Doc wrote: »

I played to the first assassination. Then the boredom overwhelmed me, so now I am trading it away.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Huskies are the dogs that simply never stop
    They're beautiful, but a little tweaked and difficult to train. Even little ones will pull your arm out of its socket on walks.

they're really sweet dogs but it seemslike day to day dog living isn't enough for them

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yeah, that's what he does. And probably why.

Yeah, that makes sense the guy I know who owns one literally got her from the track one day. That dog is fast as hell and will sprint for any reason now.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mmm... I'm on the third city (in Jerusalem - already did Damascus and Acre), and I think that the plot is kind of interesting, though it hasn't really completely come together yet. It hasn't advanced a whole lot from the first few hours though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Greyhounds freakishly small heads mess with me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A SHORT LOOK INTO THE MAKING OF THE ALL-STAR HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Today's applicant: James Wolcott Wadsworth Jr. (R-NY, 1933-1951)
    Wadsworth was a firm proponent of individual rights and feared what he considered the threat of federal intervention into the private lives of Americans. He believed that the only purpose of the Constitution was to and limit the powers of government and to protect the rights of citizens. For this reason, he voted against the Eighteenth Amendment when it was before the Senate. Before it went into effect, Wadsworth predicted that prohibition would result in widespread violations and contempt for law and the Constitution.
    Okay, good, good. Pretty much on the money, in fact.
    In 1926, he joined the Association Against the Prohibition Amendment and made 131 speeches across the country for the organization between then and repeal. His political acumen and contacts proved valuable in overturning National Prohibition.
    Well, it looks like we have a seating-- wait, what's this other stuff?
    Wadsworth also opposed women's suffrage. His wife, Alice Hay Wadsworth, served as president of the National Association Opposed to Woman Suffrage.
    Uh oh. Not good.
    opposed minimum wage laws
    Oh ick.
    opposed anti-lynching legislation on state's rights grounds
    NEXT!

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Fuck yes! I think I am going to start training Jiu Jitsu.

H5. I'm picking it up as soon as my next semester starts after christmas.

^5

I am so pumped. From what I've seen and heard, it's going to be awesome. It seems like a really practical approach to martial arts.

Considering it's diverged from Judo, which is based on Jujutsu, which was developed during times of war to be used during war, yeah, it's pretty practical.

Also, considering it's popularity in MMA, you'll probably see a bigger focus on that kind of fighting.

I used to know a guy who was fighting in an Indiana MMA league, and he swore by Jiu Jitsu. It seems like a lot of MMA fighters use Jiu Jistu locks and grapples and they have been very effective.

This instructor that I talked to on the phone just now was telling me about how they "don't water things down". I'm looking forward to ripping out arms. But I guess that's why we've all got two of em.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why would a woman ever be opposed to women's suffrage?

What. The. Fuck.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mmm... I'm on the third city (in Jerusalem - already did Damascus and Acre), and I think that the plot is kind of interesting, though it hasn't really completely come together yet. It hasn't advanced a whole lot from the first few hours though.

I mean the modern-day meta-plot. It's such a horrible idea for a plot.

Doc on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Big dogs also don't live nearly as long, which pretty much rules them out for me.
    What's yours by the way? My favorites are big enough to play fetch with and wrestle but still small enough to be carried fairly easily. Gus looks like he's in that range.
    Gus is an English Springer Spaniel. He's pretty big for one and clocks in between 63 to 70 lbs depending on how much I've been feeding him.
    :^:

Yet another breed to add to the list.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    3995-2-sprinting-greyhound.jpg

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I used to know a guy who was fighting in an Indiana MMA league, and he swore by Jiu Jitsu. It seems like a lot of MMA fighters use Jiu Jistu locks and grapples and they have been very effective.

This instructor that I talked to on the phone just now was telling me about how they "don't water things down". I'm looking forward to ripping out arms. But I guess that's why we've all got two of em.

Are you looking into getting into MMA fighting? Or are you doing this more for the experience and the health benefits and the general fight knowledge?

Because, if memory serves, (i'm only so into MMA) you'd want to combine Jiu Jitsu with some other, more striking oriented art if you wanted to a more well rounded fighter.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

What. The. Fuck.

Because they think they have it good under the current system, or they are afraid of additional responsibilities (like going to war), or they have a moral opposition to women taking on traditionally men's roles. There are tons of reasons.

See also Phyllis Schlafly, still active.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

What. The. Fuck.

Because women know women be crazy Inqui, besides if women start to vote who'll be in the kitchen?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    None of those are good reasons.

I guess I will have to expand my question.

Why would any sane intelligent woman ever be opposed to women's suffrage?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

I was about to bring up Ann Coulter, but there goes that.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited November 2007

They might not be good reasons to you (or me), but that's not what you asked about. Note that we still do not have an Equal Rights Amendment, and that women have played a role in shooting it down every time.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    See I can understand an equal rights amendment being shot down by women, but that's very different from suffrage.

Cause, if woman gave up suffrage, then they wouldn't be able to shoot down an equal rights amendment.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Are you looking into getting into MMA fighting? Or are you doing this more for the experience and the health benefits and the general fight knowledge?

Because, if memory serves, (i'm only so into MMA) you'd want to combine Jiu Jitsu with some other, more striking oriented art if you wanted to a more well rounded fighter.

Oh, no. Just for fitness and fun.

Man, I was just reading up on who my potential instructor studied under. Apparently he studied under the sons of the Gracie, the guy who brought Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to the US from Brazil.

I am so pumped.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But they have that gorgeous Art Deco physique.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wow, that is damn impressive Krunk.

Now go out there and make me proud!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But they have that gorgeous Art Deco physique.

I dunno I just can't take a dog whos head doesn't match their body, corgis and shepards are my favorite kind of dogs I prefer them to have a nose!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to a conference on Friday. There will be representatives from companies present. I want to give them resumes and look for a job.

Problem is, I have no idea how many companies, or how many resumes I'll need. Right now I have 6 English copies and 3 French copies. Is that too much? Not enough? I haven't got a clue.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Man I want a dog so bad.
    Tell me about it, but Portland, dog-friendly as it is, still doesn't have that many apartments that allow them (at least not in my price range).

I could have one in my condo but I already have two cats and it's a bit small for a doggie too. I'd prefer to have a house so I can just let it out in the yard to pee instead of having to take an elevator then walk it to the park. Not so good for puppy training D:

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I did BJJ for two years. It's great fun, even when you are getting your ass kicked.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    How exactly does BJJ differ from Judo in terms of what you learn, anyway?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cat, why are you awake? Isn't it freakish early there right now?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Will, does your av have a little metal penis?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm going to a conference on Friday. There will be representatives from companies present. I want to give them resumes and look for a job.

Problem is, I have no idea how many companies, or how many resumes I'll need. Right now I have 6 English copies and 3 French copies. Is that too much? Not enough? I haven't got a clue.
    I'd say just fill them out till you drop. Always better to have too many than too few.

Gosling on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    Cat, why are you awake? Isn't it freakish early there right now?

nah, 8am. I am freakishly grumpy, though. I really ought to sleep more.

But I'm going camping tomorrow wheeeeeeee! I really cannot wait to be electronics-free for a few days. You have no idea.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.