Options

Go outside you Vitamin D deficient [chat]

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    "So It Goes" now that I know you guys are cross shopping the VW and Ford as a car dweeb I am emotionally invested

Has there been any progress

I watched some video reviews and my allegiance is maybe shifting to the RS

Actually i need some advice I'll type something up in a minute

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Neco wrote: »
    Trump getting impeached is practically impossible if he hasn't been kicked to the curb by now.

Pence and the cabinet can remove him without an impeachment if he becomes more trouble than he's worth

That will happen if their people determine that Trump has lost favor with The Mob

override367 on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I hope pence and trump get thrown out
    Pence is a yes man. They won't throw him out. Also do we really want President Paul Ryan?

Comparatively? Yes. God yes.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Impeachments all the way down.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Apparently somebody tried to send something to my house so I get to venture over to the post office the evening to retrieve it.

I have no idea what it could be. I don't send stuff to my home address because I'm never there and it ends up at the post office. I haven't been drunk enough to accidentally buy stuff since I moved in either.

It is a big mystery

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Finally got brave and went into the Dark Zone in the Division last night. After all the stories of hackers and griefers it always seemed unwise to try and solo it.

Immediately got killed by an NPC mob because I didn't realize how much more aggressive they were than in the non-Dark Zone.

Tried again, didn't really see anyone, skulked around until I found another mob, took them all out. Heard more gunfire, came upon another solo player under fire, tossed some explosives and helped take out the mob he was struggling with.

"Thanks!"

We proceeded to rampage together for a half hour gathering loot, popped a flare, defended the extraction, then went our separate ways.

Next time I try it I'm sure someone will break into my actual house and actually knife me while yelling "Dark Zone bitch!"

nice every time i went in i basically got trained by some dude every time i tried to hook up with the extract helicopter thing so i'd lose everything i picked up

it was not a pleasant experience

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Millions of 'peachments

'peachments for me

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Pence is a yes man. They won't throw him out. Also do we really want President Paul Ryan?

Comparatively? Yes. God yes.

Paul Ryan is smart enough at playing the game to not flip the table

for example his plan to annihilate medicare comes with a 10 year timer, it's the best kind of red meat because the consequences are delayed until after his base is mostly dead from old age, and the opposition party will almost certainly seize power in the next 10 years and cut the fuse on it, it's genius

he'll always be able to talk up the theoretical benefits of his plan but never have to actually put them into place and account for the results

override367 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The only thing I've seen Laser Thermometers used for is testing intake / vent differences for HVAC cats.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Trump getting impeached is practically impossible if he hasn't been kicked to the curb by now.

Pence and the cabinet can remove him without an impeachment if he becomes more trouble than he's worth

That will happen if their people determine that Trump has lost favor with The Mob

well, not exactly

they can transfer power to the VP, but if the President disputes this, it goes to Congress and then it's basically an impeachment vote

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Millions of 'peachments

'peachments for me

'peachments come from a can

they were put there by a man

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am agog to see what his inauguration speech will contain.

i'd suggest vuvuzelas

Shit, that sounds kinda fun.

we brought vuvuzelas and oversized novelty foam cowboy hats to the company annual conference the first year after we were acquired

There were like 8000 people in there we wanted to make sure we got noticed

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Finally got brave and went into the Dark Zone in the Division last night. After all the stories of hackers and griefers it always seemed unwise to try and solo it.

Immediately got killed by an NPC mob because I didn't realize how much more aggressive they were than in the non-Dark Zone.

Tried again, didn't really see anyone, skulked around until I found another mob, took them all out. Heard more gunfire, came upon another solo player under fire, tossed some explosives and helped take out the mob he was struggling with.

"Thanks!"

We proceeded to rampage together for a half hour gathering loot, popped a flare, defended the extraction, then went our separate ways.

Next time I try it I'm sure someone will break into my actual house and actually knife me while yelling "Dark Zone bitch!"

nice every time i went in i basically got trained by some dude every time i tried to hook up with the extract helicopter thing so i'd lose everything i picked up

That was what I was expecting. I think I got lucky because there was an airdrop going down at the same time and it seemed like everyone was going for that.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I would absolutely take President Pence over President Trump. The only argument in favor of keeping Trump is that maybe his ego will get in the way of the Republicans doing whatever they want for the next four years. I think that's a pretty slim hope.

Mike Pence can at least put up a respectable front. He's a vile man, but perception is really important, and aside from the damage to the US's reputation that will come from the shitty policies we're about to see from the GOP, at least the face of the US to the rest of the world won't be a complete fucking buffoon.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

well, not exactly

they can transfer power to the VP, but if the President disputes this, it goes to Congress and then it's basically an impeachment vote

except it's a vote to put Trump back in power, I feel like they would chose this route rather than a standard impeachment because it would give vulnerable congresscritters more cover than a regular impeachment which is started by congress

more of a "hey it's Pence's fault" if it backfires

override367 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I want a real temperature gun. Not one that measures but one that induces the temperature where you point it. Set it to 34°F and point it at my stomach for a while. FU adipocites. Then when I am beautiful / disfigured (doesn't especially matter which), I turn the gun on my enemies.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

"Thanks!"

That was what I was expecting. I think I got lucky because there was an airdrop going down at the same time and it seemed like everyone was going for that.

the best part is the guy doesn't, like, get your stuff if you die during an airdrop

you just lose it and he gets nothing

he's just being an asshole to be an asshole

• Options
    i love games where it's implicit in the design that you have to deal with other people just being assholes

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Not really. He's pissing off some very powerful people, just being him. I think the GOP would rather have Pence. They need a scandal early enough so they don't risk 2020, and they need the Dems to hate Trump more than Pence.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's probably tough for a woman or anyone remotely LGBTQ or etc to say "Pence would be better than Trump"

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I would absolutely take President Pence over President Trump. The only argument in favor of keeping Trump is that maybe his ego will get in the way of the Republicans doing whatever they want for the next four years. I think that's a pretty slim hope.

Mike Pence can at least put up a respectable front. He's a vile man, but perception is really important, and aside from the damage to the US's reputation that will come from the shitty policies we're about to see from the GOP, at least the face of the US to the rest of the world won't be a complete fucking buffoon.

On a domestic, social policy Pence might actually be worse. Having somebody with aims to roll back social progress and the competency to do that...

I don't know. It's fucking bullshit all the way down.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Just--if Trump actually was actively involved with giving+receiving information from Russian intelligence types--how can he possibly be allowed the sort of access to vital information that a president would have? How could anyone be ok with that?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i love games where it's implicit in the design that you have to deal with other people just being assholes

I love reading about those games

• Options
    The Division's survival mode is where it's at right now, it's so much better than the base game

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I thought vuvuvulvas had been outlawed

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Just--if Trump actually was actively involved with giving+receiving information from Russian intelligence types--how can he possibly be allowed the sort of access to vital information that a president would have? How could anyone be ok with that?

Party before policy. Always,

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Trump might but unless there is audio tape of Pence talking with Putin he's not gonna get impeached by this congress.

I'm not sure Trump going away in favor of Pence is actually a good thing really.

It would be trading a 0/10 for a 2/10.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    For a forum that was so mad about the stream of unverifiable news coming out in 2016, it sure is excited about an unverified report with clear signs of being false.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

Party before policy. Always,

Republicans are supposed to care about national security!
    I understand that everything is still unsubstantiated as far as we know. But...it's inconceivable that someone with this sort of history around interacting with foreign intelligence could be allowed to know *anything* important.

• Options
    It's probably tough for a woman or anyone remotely LGBTQ or etc to say "Pence would be better than Trump"

I have slim to 0 hope that Trump would stand in the way of any anti-woman or anti-LGBTQ laws coming out of Congress, and his nominations have been pretty unfriendly to those groups as well.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    We have a thermometer gun ar work and its fun I like to shoot people with it and tell them they are cold

or point it at someone and hold it down and hit the C button to convert them into centigrade and they lose their American citizenship

Or hit the K button and they turn fucking awesome

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Also my DMR does 290k DPS yolo

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Trump might but unless there is audio tape of Pence talking with Putin he's not gonna get impeached by this congress.

I'm not sure Trump going away in favor of Pence is actually a good thing really.

It would be trading a 0/10 for a 2/10.

it would also reduce the chances of a major war or irreparable international damage

override367 on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I mean look at stuff like Trump making all the ambassadors resign before his inauguration. That kind of shit comes from him and his staff not knowing what the fuck they're doing.

If we had a Democratic congress or something, then maybe I'd prefer Trump because his inexperience would mean he's less likely to have the political savvy to push things through an opposition congress. But with Republicans soon to control all three branches, I don't think that's super relevant, and all the downsides of having a President with literally no idea how to be a President become much more important.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    For a forum that was so mad about the stream of unverifiable news coming out in 2016, it sure is excited about an unverified report with clear signs of being false.

I thought most of us were talking about the current GOP grilling of the Tillerson nom

• Options

it's different when you agree with it

• Options

It freaks me out so I haven't read in huge depth. What are the odds of it being false do you think? Like 90% or 50% or ?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Its not really even on par with stuff he has actually done for sure anyway.

• Options
    Ultimately, though, I'm skeptical that this'll do anything to him. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like Trump is just immune to this kind of shit.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Over Pence? I'd say yes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.