Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'm willing to give CNN credit for individual stories and contributors....but I really don't think they deserve credit as an organization after hiring Landowski, and now replacing him with Rick fucking Santorum

The operative phrase is "found their balls".

I'm thinking ted turner had them in a jar up on a shelf and up until it became clear that trump was going to treat them like shit for the next 4 years they had no real desire to go and get them.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Waffen wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »
    god he looks so miserable

Not as miserable as Melania, honestly. I can't remember the last time she's looked happy in public.

She is married to Trump so

Wanted to caveat off that. My wife has been pointing out to me that in all of their photo shoots/videos, she looks absolutely miserable. Maybe Donnie could become the first President to be divorced while serving in the White House.

During the election I heard something about her wanting to vote for Hillary or something, I know she did something with her fashion sense to passively show she was pissed off too. Don't blame you one bit, Melania.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Not as miserable as Melania, honestly. I can't remember the last time she's looked happy in public.

To quote Donald I wonder if she was allowed to speak

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    AP wrote:
    Commentary about the size of his inauguration crowd made Mr. Trump increasingly angry on Friday, according to several people familiar with his thinking.

On Saturday, Mr. Trump told his advisers that he wanted to push back hard on “dishonest media” coverage — mostly referring to a Twitter post from a New York Times reporter showing side-by-side frames of Mr. Trump’s crowd and Mr. Obama’s in 2009. But most of Mr. Trump’s advisers urged him to focus on the responsibilities of his office during his first full day as president.

However, in his remarks at the C.I.A., he wandered off topic several times, at various points telling the crowd he felt no older than 39 (he is 70); reassuring anyone who questioned his intelligence by saying, “I’m, like, a smart person”; and musing out loud about how many intelligence workers backed his candidacy.

Making Trump mad is just too damn easy. And direct quotes that include ', like,' are never not funny.

Usually the print media takes those out.
    Maximum wrote: »
    I set the over/under on press secretaries in the next four years at ten.

Ten days? Little optimistic, I put it at 8.

He meant 10 press secretaries in 4 years. but a little over the week seems likely at this point.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    OK, so there are two explanations for the reaction today:

1) Trump, being an undiagnosed (but mass diagnosed) sufferer from narcissistic personality disorder, sees the reports of the size of his crowds vs. the size of the protest crowds and orders Spicer to go lie his ass off. When that his mocked, he blames Spicer.
    2) Bannon, in an effort to make people question reality itself and show to his followers that the media cannot be trusted, only Trump can, orders Spicer to go lie his ass off. The anger at Spicer is a smokescreen.

Both being totally viable troubles me. I tend towards the first because the man's insecurity is so all consuming.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

1) Trump, being an undiagnosed (but mass diagnosed) sufferer from narcissistic personality disorder, sees the reports of the size of his crowds vs. the size of the protest crowds and orders Spicer to go lie his ass off. When that his mocked, he blames Spicer.
    2) Bannon, in an effort to make people question reality itself and show to his followers that the media cannot be trusted, only Trump can, orders Spicer to go lie his ass off. The anger at Spicer is a smokescreen.

Both being totally viable troubles me. I tend towards the first because the man's insecurity is so all consuming.

Anytime people attempt to claim his inability to back down from a stupid ass fight I remember all the times he picked a fight that could only possibily go poorly for him. He's not some machiavellian trickster. We got beat and we continue to get beat by an idiot. We want to believe he's more because then the world would make sense but it doesnobody a favor to see him ad anything but what he is.

I mean while he was doing that he was also crwating friction with the friggin CIA. Tell me how that benefits him?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options

Anytime people attempt to claim his inability to back down from a stupid ass fight I remember all the times he picked a fight that could only possibily go poorly for him. He's not some machiavellian trickster. We got beat and we continue to get beat by an idiot. We want to believe he's more because then the world would make sense but it doesnobody a favor to see him ad anything but what he is.

You'll note I don't credit Trump in the master plan scenario. Bannon is a smart dude. An evil dude, but good at hitting the buttons of the angry fascist base.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

You'll note I don't credit Trump in the master plan scenario. Bannon is a smart dude. An evil dude, but good at hitting the buttons of the angry fascist base.

I would say though that this very time is one of those situations where he couldnt win. The public already isnt a fan of the way he is treating the media and the people in the bade who wont listen to the media already dont.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    This was in Alaska:
    Fairbanks-March-003.jpg?token=bar
    Like goddamn I want to give all those folks getting out in the freezing cold big high fives. Thousands turned out in freakin' Alaska!

Listen man.
    It's actually been the warmest day in the week today.
    But you should be proud of their willingness to be out in white out conditions.

Also Antarctica.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/womens-march-antarctica-donald-trump-inauguration-women-hate-donald-trump-so-much-they-are-even-a7538856.html

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I would say though that this very time is one of those situations where he couldnt win. The public already isnt a fan of the way he is treating the media and the people in the bade who wont listen to the media already dont.

They don't care about democracy, so they don't care about what the public thinks or the media. The goal is an authoritarian one party state, which is why they (movement conservatives) haven't treated Democrats as legitimate leaders of the country since at least Kennedy's election.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I had to share this.

This seems so weirdly petty to me. It makes me believe the pee thing more.
    The story about this from the Washington Post is great.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/01/21/trump-had-a-huge-luxurious-inauguration-cake-was-it-plagiarized/
    On Saturday morning, Tiffany MacIsaac, owner of Washington’s Buttercream Bakeshop, stepped forward to say she had been the one to create the much-talked-about cake.

She said that the order came in while she was out of town, and that the client had brought in a photo of the cake from Obama’s inauguration asking her to recreate it.

“They came to us a couple of weeks ago, which is pretty last minute, and said ‘We have a photo that we would like to replicate,'” MacIsaac told The Washington Post by phone. Her bakery tried to encourage the client to use the photo as “inspiration,” as they do with many others, she said.

“They said, ‘Nope, they want this exact cake. It’s perfect.’ And we said, great,” MacIsaac said.

Though MacIsaac declined to give her political affiliation, she said her bakery began planning how it would donate its proceeds from the Trump inaugural cake to charity. The baker and her staff chose the Human Rights Campaign, a nonprofit that advocates for equal treatment of the LGBT community — and that has declared Trump “unfit for the presidency.”

“I’m a small-business owner and one of the things I’m very, very proud about is that I don’t discriminate,” MacIsaac said. “I would never turn someone away based on their age, their sex, their sexual orientation, their political views. It’s just not the way we operate.”

MacIsaac said the attention caught her by surprise partly because, per the order, the Trump cake was intended to be more of a prop: All but a three-inch slice at the bottom was inedible.

“It’s just a Styrofoam cake. It’s not for eating,” she said. “I wasn’t expecting it to be seen on TV.”
    In 2013, Goldman told The Post’s Tim Carman he wanted Obama’s inaugural cake to be perfect.

“When you’re doing a cake like this, you know that everybody is going to be looking at it,” Goldman said. “It’s a lot of pressure. The more recognition you get for something that you do, the greater the pressure becomes, because more people are looking for a mistake. So you really gotta make sure your work is top-notch.”

Goldman described his cake for Obama to The Post in great detail then: The five-foot-tall, 50-pound cake was meant to pay special homage to the nation’s armed forces, with seals of the five branches military. The different tiers would each be of different flavors, from red velvet to pumpkin-chocolate chip.
    Everything in that story is just perfectly symbolic.

This just makes me want to know where the hell all that $100 million the inauguration committee raised went to.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/20/donald-trumps-inaugural-committee-raises-record-100-million/96855848/
    Organizers have collected about $100 million to help underwrite President Trump’s inaugural celebration, aided by donors eager to back the real-estate developer once he secured the presidency, the inaugural committee’s top fundraiser said Friday.
    The record haul surpasses the $53 million collected by President Obama from private sources during his first inauguration in 2009. Trump’s inaugural committee has solicited donations as large as $1 million and offered big perks to contributors, such as tickets to a pre-inaugural “candlelight dinner” at Washington’s historic Union Station, attended by Trump and other dignitaries.

When the nuclear holocaust comes, and all falls away, there shall always be the grift.

So say one of those million dollarses paid for access to the President ended up in Trump's bank account... That's pretty illegal right?

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular

Wanted to caveat off that. My wife has been pointing out to me that in all of their photo shoots/videos, she looks absolutely miserable. Maybe Donnie could become the first President to be divorced while serving in the White House.

During the election I heard something about her wanting to vote for Hillary or something, I know she did something with her fashion sense to passively show she was pissed off too. Don't blame you one bit, Melania.

Yeah, I find that my heart goes out to her every time she's photographed, even though I want to hate her just for being part of their deplorable clan. She just looks so damn sad all the time.

Looks like she elicits sympathy in the Obamas too:

qOe78VA.jpg

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I am exhausted and sorting through a couple hundred pictures from yesterday's march. I don't particularly feel like reading through the last few hundred pages. Could someone give me a summary?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I had to share this.

This seems so weirdly petty to me. It makes me believe the pee thing more.
    The story about this from the Washington Post is great.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/01/21/trump-had-a-huge-luxurious-inauguration-cake-was-it-plagiarized/
    On Saturday morning, Tiffany MacIsaac, owner of Washington’s Buttercream Bakeshop, stepped forward to say she had been the one to create the much-talked-about cake.

She said that the order came in while she was out of town, and that the client had brought in a photo of the cake from Obama’s inauguration asking her to recreate it.

“They came to us a couple of weeks ago, which is pretty last minute, and said ‘We have a photo that we would like to replicate,'” MacIsaac told The Washington Post by phone. Her bakery tried to encourage the client to use the photo as “inspiration,” as they do with many others, she said.

“They said, ‘Nope, they want this exact cake. It’s perfect.’ And we said, great,” MacIsaac said.

Though MacIsaac declined to give her political affiliation, she said her bakery began planning how it would donate its proceeds from the Trump inaugural cake to charity. The baker and her staff chose the Human Rights Campaign, a nonprofit that advocates for equal treatment of the LGBT community — and that has declared Trump “unfit for the presidency.”

“I’m a small-business owner and one of the things I’m very, very proud about is that I don’t discriminate,” MacIsaac said. “I would never turn someone away based on their age, their sex, their sexual orientation, their political views. It’s just not the way we operate.”

MacIsaac said the attention caught her by surprise partly because, per the order, the Trump cake was intended to be more of a prop: All but a three-inch slice at the bottom was inedible.

“It’s just a Styrofoam cake. It’s not for eating,” she said. “I wasn’t expecting it to be seen on TV.”
    In 2013, Goldman told The Post’s Tim Carman he wanted Obama’s inaugural cake to be perfect.

“When you’re doing a cake like this, you know that everybody is going to be looking at it,” Goldman said. “It’s a lot of pressure. The more recognition you get for something that you do, the greater the pressure becomes, because more people are looking for a mistake. So you really gotta make sure your work is top-notch.”

Goldman described his cake for Obama to The Post in great detail then: The five-foot-tall, 50-pound cake was meant to pay special homage to the nation’s armed forces, with seals of the five branches military. The different tiers would each be of different flavors, from red velvet to pumpkin-chocolate chip.
    Everything in that story is just perfectly symbolic.

This just makes me want to know where the hell all that $100 million the inauguration committee raised went to.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/20/donald-trumps-inaugural-committee-raises-record-100-million/96855848/
    Organizers have collected about $100 million to help underwrite President Trump’s inaugural celebration, aided by donors eager to back the real-estate developer once he secured the presidency, the inaugural committee’s top fundraiser said Friday.
    The record haul surpasses the $53 million collected by President Obama from private sources during his first inauguration in 2009. Trump’s inaugural committee has solicited donations as large as $1 million and offered big perks to contributors, such as tickets to a pre-inaugural “candlelight dinner” at Washington’s historic Union Station, attended by Trump and other dignitaries.

When the nuclear holocaust comes, and all falls away, there shall always be the grift.

So say one of those million dollarses paid for access to the President ended up in Trump's bank account... That's pretty illegal right?

Is it really illegal if no one has the power to arrest you? God, America's going to turn into a banana republic isn't it.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Quid wrote: »
    I am exhausted and sorting through a couple hundred pictures from yesterday's march. I don't particularly feel like reading through the last few hundred pages. Could someone give me a summary?

Trump: "Don't mind me, I'm just going to take a shit right here in front of this nice CIA Memorial Wall."

Spicer: "Nah dog, you don't understand, we had the biggest inauguration crowd because the white protective ground covering camouflaged all the white ass people there made it easier to see gaps in the people."

a nu start on
    Number One Tricky
  • Options

I mean while he was doing that he was also crwating friction with the friggin CIA. Tell me how that benefits him?

What's annoying is even when Trump loses he wins. All the courts cases were settled quietly, the bankruptcies haven't kept him from having a business career and all the laws he'd been caught breaking already as president has resulted in - nothing. He truly is teflon, which is terrifying. Nothing seems to exist to throw a wall up in his face that forces him to get negative consequences from his actions. If he's unlucky he'll get a stern lecture and finger waggle from politicians and the media then continue with his life like nothing happened.

• Options

Trump is the president now, we're all fucked.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/french-people-translate-donald-trump-us-president-language-speech-a7539461.html
    French translators have had a tough time translating Donald Trump’s speeches into the language of Molière.

Translator Bérengère Viennot believes the new US President is difficult to translate because “he seems not to know quite where he’s going,” she told the LA Review of Books.

The first step for a translator is to be able to “get into someone’s mind,” explained Mrs Viennot, but it’s not always easy to understand the point Mr Trump is trying to make.

“Trump’s vocabulary is limited, his syntax is broken; he repeats the same phrases over and over, forcing the translator to follow suit," she said.

“It’s as if he had thematic clouds in his head that he would pick from with no need of a logical thread to link them.”

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    "as if".... yeah

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Yeah, I find that my heart goes out to her every time she's photographed, even though I want to hate her just for being part of their deplorable clan. She just looks so damn sad all the time.

Looks like she elicits sympathy in the Obamas too:

http://i.imgur.com/qOe78VA.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjggqhQqEvY

Trace on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Trace wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/french-people-translate-donald-trump-us-president-language-speech-a7539461.html
    French translators have had a tough time translating Donald Trump’s speeches into the language of Molière.

Translator Bérengère Viennot believes the new US President is difficult to translate because “he seems not to know quite where he’s going,” she told the LA Review of Books.

The first step for a translator is to be able to “get into someone’s mind,” explained Mrs Viennot, but it’s not always easy to understand the point Mr Trump is trying to make.

“Trump’s vocabulary is limited, his syntax is broken; he repeats the same phrases over and over, forcing the translator to follow suit," she said.

“It’s as if he had thematic clouds in his head that he would pick from with no need of a logical thread to link them.”

I have some interesting links about how Trump speaks.

https://qz.com/817886/i-pursued-her-like-a-strumpet-the-hazards-of-translating-trump-into-foreign-languages/
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/trump-feminine-speaking-style-214391

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    a nu start on
    Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Okay I am watching Spicer and this is hilarious. Such a giant baby.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Spicer said it took longer for people to get to the crowd area because of magnetometers.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/21/510994742/trump-administration-goes-to-war-with-the-media-over-inauguration-crowd-size
    He blamed new floor coverings on mall areas that "had the effect of highlighting any areas where people were not standing, while in years past the grass eliminated this visual." And Spicer claimed that fences and magnetometers going further back than ever prevented "hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the mall as quickly as they had in years past."

What, no "fire marshall said we couldn't let everyone in"? That one's worked so well during the campaign (which, it now seems, will truly be endless).

Trump had the largest crowd of invisible people ever at his inauguration. So many invisible people, ninjas, Predators, Romulans, etc. And people who were there in spirit. And ghosts. And imaginary friends.

They just seemed invisible because they were all wearing flowing white robes and hats while standing on a white tarp.
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Of course Spicer's master is angry with him. He had one job - get the press (and thus, the people) to accept that reality is whatever Trump says it is. And he couldn't even manage that simple thing. Sad!

Trump's mad at Spicer because the only alternative is to blame himself for the media not stroking his ego and instead calling bullshit on his lies. And Trump is incapable of blaming himself because of his massive personality disorders. So instead, he shoots the messenger.

Normally though, you shoot the messenger who brought the bad news, not your own messenger.

You are certainly right about that, shooting your own messenger is a terrible move, but we should spare ourselves applying "normally though" to anything this administration does.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Good, I fucking hope he is

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPlagGOFGeY

The salt is unbelievable.

Who gives a shit about the media, Spicer? Do your damn job.

• Options
    Talk about the things I want you to talk about.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Echo wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

I have some interesting links about how Trump speaks.

https://qz.com/817886/i-pursued-her-like-a-strumpet-the-hazards-of-translating-trump-into-foreign-languages/
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/trump-feminine-speaking-style-214391
    qz.com wrote:
    Trump’s rhetoric is notorious for being vague and evasive, but the haziness is often lost in translation. “A wink and a nudge from head to Artioli-shod toe, he exhales a cloud of words in which listeners see their chosen shape: a castle, a pony, a grinning skull.” This is how Tokyo-based freelance writer and translator Agnes Kaku described Trump’s rhetorical style on LinkedIn.

Shit

Hobnail on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPlagGOFGeY

The salt is unbelievable.

Who gives a shit about the media, Spicer? Do your damn job.

Distract, misdirect, lie

He is doing his job

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I wonder what the odds are of a surprising amount of bombing missions suffering targeting issues if the Trump admin tries to order ignoring civilians around target sites?

There's a pretty big difference between hitting a hostile target and finding out later there were civilian casualties, and being told to deliberately and intentionally drop bombs which will definitely kill civilians.
    The odds are low. Knowledge of civilian casualties didn't stop the US military in Indochina or Korea or Dresden or Tokyo. They'll "just follow orders."

edit - There would probably be exceptions who would refuse to commit especially indiscriminate acts of slaughter, but if so those will be exceptions, not the rule

Kaputa on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

But not that way.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    OptimusZed wrote: »

But not that way.

The buck stops.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    shryke wrote: »
    Kaputa wrote: »
    The thing that gets me about "keeping the oil" is that the outcome of the 2003-2011 Iraq War already seems pretty good for multinational oil corporations. Prior to the war, Iraq's oil industry were largely nationalized. Then this happened. Does Trump want the oil to be a nationalized possession of the US government? Does he just want the Iraqis to restrict contracts to US companies only? Has he even thought about it beyond it being a cool talking point? I truly don't get it.
    Athenor wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    What does he think "keep the oil" means? Like what does that actually entail in his mind?

Occupying Iraq.

That's what it would actually entail, it's all that could possibly be in his mind. And I mean, the US could probably occupy Iraq permanently if they were prepared to be absolute fucking shitheads about it.

I think he only made one passing comment on ending the wars. He spoke much more strongly about eradication (*shudder*) and a hint of us going back into Iraq.

To do this, he'll need the military and intelligence agencies on his side. Mattis won't go along with it without damned good reason, I wager. Perhaps a reason created by Russia? DHS will if he keeps buttering them up.
    Obama already went back into Iraq. Not to nearly the degree of the peak of GWB's war, but we've got 5-6k soldiers (generally not on the frontlines) and a very active air force "bombing the shit out of" swathes of the country.

Which is another thing I don't get; Trump says he'll bomb the shit out of IS, but that's literally a description of Obama's strategy - minimal use of ground forces, heavy use of air strikes. Here's a helpful image from Council on Foreign Relations (can't speak to its accuracy, but they're usually pretty good in terms of factual information) :

bombs-obama.png

To me it seems like Trump is just saying he'll do what we've already done, but making it sound more "badass" by speaking crudely.

edit - alternatively, he means that the US will no longer take civilian casualties into account at all, but will instead return to to the Kissinger "anything that flies on anything that moves" approach to Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos and kill millions.

It's important to begin with the understanding that Trump is a fucking ignorant moron. Firstly, he doesn't actually have any idea what Obama is actually doing and any understanding of the man must begin from that point. The fact that Obama is currently bombing the shit out of ISIS is not something Trump knows or would believe if you told him. Secondly, he literally believes the GOP line about how Obama is weak and feckless and he believes in dominance and violent displays of macho strength and that those kind of actions will always win. That, to put this all together, america isn't beating ISIS right now only because Obama is being weak instead of strong.

When Trump says he's gonna be strong and finally end ISIS, he means he thinks the US could easily just do a bunch of macho violence and win this conflict and the only reason it hasn't happened already is because Obama has been too much of a pussy to do it. That's what he means and that's what he thinks.

It can't be stressed enough that when Trump says this shit, you need to remember that he is not in any real contact with reality. Either what is actually going on or with what the obvious results of his statements would be.
    I know the words you speak to be true

but my brain just doesn't want to accept that people in such powerful positions think this way

Kaputa on
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha. When he petulantly shouted period is when I stopped watching. Glad that's what's taken off from it.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I really need to do something productive with my day.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »

It's sad, and expected, that in acknowledging the march yesterday the only think they would do is find a way to criticize and make zero attempt to reach out to them.

Their statement about Madonna.

This feels weird.
    I might need to shower.

I agree with their statement, her saying that she's thought about blowing up the White House is unacceptable and people should say so.

Here's another example of the limitless compassion our new president possesses.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    They did.

It just didn't count because of where they live.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Elki wrote: »
    AP wrote:
    Commentary about the size of his inauguration crowd made Mr. Trump increasingly angry on Friday, according to several people familiar with his thinking.

On Saturday, Mr. Trump told his advisers that he wanted to push back hard on “dishonest media” coverage — mostly referring to a Twitter post from a New York Times reporter showing side-by-side frames of Mr. Trump’s crowd and Mr. Obama’s in 2009. But most of Mr. Trump’s advisers urged him to focus on the responsibilities of his office during his first full day as president.

However, in his remarks at the C.I.A., he wandered off topic several times, at various points telling the crowd he felt no older than 39 (he is 70); reassuring anyone who questioned his intelligence by saying, “I’m, like, a smart person”; and musing out loud about how many intelligence workers backed his candidacy.

Making Trump mad is just too damn easy. And direct quotes that include ', like,' are never not funny.

He is Dudley Dursley made flesh; a squabbling little bully who shrieks impotently when things don't go his way.

'Course, Dudley at least acknowledged he's a little shit and makes amends with Harry. Trump will be pissed at the world til the day he's in a coffin.

Mx. Quill on
This discussion has been closed.