Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I wonder if we could find his personal assistant, and then crowdfund to have him say to trump before he walks up to speak everytime "remember, dont say anything about hillary"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    They'll throw Trump under the bus the moment they realize he's going to get them voted out of office.

The only thing they are more cowerdly about than the vote they can cast, is holding on to their seat.

They'll turn on him, and when they do his backlash is going make them all look even worse.

the next election is very safe for them but they might start turning on him in 2020, especially if they can find anyone with any charisma to run against him in the primary

I can't see them running anyone against Trump.
    If there's another "real" Republican candidate in the next election, it's almost certainly going to be because Trump is completely out of the running for one reason or another.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

Republican leaders aren't even bothering with the pretense of checks and balances at this point.

And this right here, far more than a Trump presidency, is why the power of our democracy is declining.

I fully expect this to be the norm from here on out. If such blatantly awful cabinet picks with numerous conflicts of interest and complete lack of actual expertise can get through because the Republican party is unwilling to actually perform a check on the executive, then obstructionism and rubber-stamping will be the norm.

They are cowards and hypocrites.

The slow destruction of norms in an arms race between liberals and conservatives. It is the fall of the Roman Republic, whether Caeser crosses the Rubicon this decade or in five.

Sulla

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    I am never going to stop caring about all the lies. Trump's group thinks they are important enough to threaten the press over.
    So far, so good. But we do not congratulate a schoolmaster on teaching that two and two make four, though we may, perhaps, congratulate him on having chosen his laudable vocation. Let us then say it was praiseworthy that Tarrou and so many others should have elected to prove that two and two make four rather than the contrary; but let us add that this good will of theirs was one that is shared by the schoolmaster and by all who have the same feelings as the schoolmaster, and, be it said to the credit of mankind, they are more numerous than one would think—such, anyhow, is the narrator's conviction. Needless to say, he can see quite clearly a point that could be made against him, which is that these men were risking their lives. But again and again there comes a time in history when the man who dares to say that two and two make four is punished with death.

The schoolteacher is well aware of this. And the question is not one of knowing what punishment or reward attends the making of this calculation. The question is that of knowing whether two and two do make four. For those of our townsfolk who risked their lives in this predicament the issue was whether or not plague was in their midst and whether or not they must fight against it.

Conway also sounded like there was going to be a purge of the intelligence community.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/22/donald-trump-cia-speech-win-twitter-protests
    Appearing on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, senior Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway said it was time for the president “to put in his own security intelligence community” and added: “We really would prefer the intelligence community that’s going out the door to be much more respectful toward the president and his vision in moving forward.”

Oh man please do this. Please try to fuck over the CIA.

Wait

*buys popcorn futures*

Ok, now do it.

They're just shitting on Obama appointees,, but in a way that is terribly phrased because they are horrible at this.

Especially given the totally not ironic accusations that the IC was fucking horrible for providing all that evidence that led to invading Iraq under Bush 2.

Those were mostly political appointees, iirc.

Probably.

And yet, Trump and the Orchestra intend to remake the IC to better suit their messaging and he uses Iraq 2 as a major part of the impetus. History repeats.
    Reality-based community is an informal term in the United States, used to refer to people who base their opinions more on observation than on ideology or doctrine. It can be seen as an example of political framing.

The source of the term is a quotation in an October 17, 2004, The New York Times Magazine article by writer Ron Suskind, "Faith, Certainty and the Presidency of George W. Bush," quoting an unnamed aide to George W. Bush (later attributed to Karl Rove):
    The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    After reading those two tweets about the protests, its clear someone figured out his password, and is going back in and changing what he has said to cover for him. He probably never notices or checks. I bet if he found out, he would overturn furniture.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Reality-based community is an informal term in the United States, used to refer to people who base their opinions more on observation than on ideology or doctrine. It can be seen as an example of political framing.

The source of the term is a quotation in an October 17, 2004, The New York Times Magazine article by writer Ron Suskind, "Faith, Certainty and the Presidency of George W. Bush," quoting an unnamed aide to George W. Bush (later attributed to Karl Rove):
    The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."
    Jesus Christ. George Orwell was off, but only by 20 years. This explains so much of the shitty, shitty things we've done under Bush Jr.

Orca on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That would be what I was referring to, yes. The career agents were also not happy about that.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    To those who want to see Trump's tax returns:

We won't release them, no one cares

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    MOTHERFUCKERS I AM BACK.

princess-leia-protest-poster-ladies-who-design.jpg

!!!

• Options
    edited January 2017
    KetBra wrote: »

No one in this administration cares to have them seen.

Orca on
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    If a Democrat billionaire runs for office, I fully expect Republicans to respect the privacy of his tax returns. I'm sure they would never be hypocritical in this matter.

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Trump Education pick mocked for tweeting grammatical mistake

Some high calibre candidates you've got there.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    You say 200,000 people care, I say 0 people care. They're both alternative facts. Pick whichever you like.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I hope that petition's signature count exceeds his inauguration count.

It'd be the perfect "fuck you."

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Ya know

I don't think I have ever hated a real person like I hate conway and Trump

just smug fucking assholes

they are literal caricatures from television

and god I hate them so much

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Why isn't the bog standard reply that usually regards police malfeasance - 'if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to fear' - the automatic response to their refusal to make it public?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

Why isn't the bog standard reply that usually regards police malfeasance - 'if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to fear' - the automatic response to their refusal to make it public?

Because motherfuckers fuck their mothers...politely.

• Options

Damn good question.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Damn good question.

I think everyone should ask Donald.

"what are you afraid of, Donald? Scared someone might find something?"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    because that's the answer of authority, and in this case, they are the authority.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think it's impossible there isn't a prisonable crime in his tax returns.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

Absolutely. There's something big in it, else he'd just release them

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

even if there isn't, this is the conversation he's now created

personally I think they just show he doesn't actually make that much money, or is continually gaming the system

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

personally I think they just show he doesn't actually make that much money, or is continually gaming the system

Or all three, really.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

more than anything else, i believe this is the case

he won't release them because of his ego, because it damages his image of being very rich and successful

donald trump is the personification of male fragility. he absolutely cannot deal with hits to his ego and self-image, he becomes a giant petulant baby about it

his tax returns would show how much he's actually in debt, how much he games the system, and how he's not a rich businessman at all, he's a con artist

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

he won't release them because of his ego, because it damages his image of being very rich and successful

donald trump is the personification of male fragility. he absolutely cannot deal with hits to his ego and self-image, he becomes a giant petulant baby about it

his tax returns would show how much he's actually in debt, how much he games the system, and how he's not a rich businessman at all, he's a con artist

And, probably, a significant financial investment in Russia

• Options
    I'm definitely going to go for "all of the above".

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    One of those 200K people should shoot Conway dead, and claim "no one" did it.

I mean not really, because murder. But still.

Edit: sorry if that came off as remotely serious. I just hate seeing the claim that half the country doesn't exist.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

And, probably, a significant financial investment in Russia

or vice versa

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    @mcdermott I'm not going to quote the post in case you decide to edit it, but don't do that. That's not cool.

• Options

Or all three, really.

It's rather unlikely there'd be any genuinely illegal information. After all, he's been under audit for the last forever. Just how bad are the IRS to not find anything that would otherwise be obvious to everybody else if they were released?

I'm with SIG. It's his ego that prevents him from proving he isn't the billionaire real estate genius he presents himself as. Of course, all those stories that line up his bankruptcies and follow-up business deals that he basically just licenses his name.

He will release no proof that he is an insignificant man playing at importance.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Not exactly sure the reasoning behind this, but they are apparently running commercials for some of the cabinet picks. This is from a friend who lives in Kentucky.

0tioAd0.jpg

Like, I don't think he's from Kentucky? This wasn't any sort of re-election thing afaik. I think it was literally just to try to convince people he's a good pick?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Not exactly sure the reasoning behind this, but they are apparently running commercials for some of the cabinet picks. This is from a friend who lives in Kentucky.

0tioAd0.jpg

I hadn't yet had my full US RDA of WTF today. Thanks, man.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Or all three, really.

It's rather unlikely there'd be any genuinely illegal information. After all, he's been under audit for the last forever. Just how bad are the IRS to not find anything that would otherwise be obvious to everybody else if they were released?

I'm with SIG. It's his ego that prevents him from proving he isn't the billionaire real estate genius he presents himself as. Of course, all those stories that line up his bankruptcies and follow-up business deals that he basically just licenses his name.

Isn't Trump himself the only source for this claim?

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

0tioAd0.jpg

Someone murdered a KKK member?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Jeff Sessions held hands with a black guy one time, you conscience is clear.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think reading that 'Jeff Sessions: Civil Rights Champion' finally broke something inside my brain. I don't even know how to process it

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    So Trump has the nuclear codes now right? Or is this one of those things which gets more officially handed over later in some capacity?

Like, it turns out one of the things which stops me sleeping at the moment is ongoing fear of waking up to find out he's done a surprise strike on Syria or something.

In fact I'm worried I'm going to wake up and find out it's even being contemplated openly.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Or all three, really.

Isn't Trump himself the only source for this claim?

Someone at the IRS needs to tweet "Audit is done, it's safe to release your taxes now Mr. Trump."

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I read that as "desecrated schools", and then wondered how long did he spend in prison before his sentence was commuted.

This discussion has been closed.