As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Then put your little hand in mine...

13»

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    All you need is kill is stupid and doesn't make any sense

I would disagree that it makes NO sense but it's definitely stupid and confusing that's exactly why I love it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I guess it COULD be a noun...its still dumb.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

You shut your mouth while Duran Duran is talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmMIgIygzdA

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

Putting the article in front of "kill" changes the sentence structure significantly. "A kill" is clearly denoting kill as an object. "All you need is kill" sounds like kill is being used as a gerund.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Putting the article in front of "kill" changes the sentence structure significantly. "A kill" is clearly denoting kill as an object. "All you need is kill" sounds like kill is being used as a gerund.

Sometimes language is more than the rules people create to limit it...!

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

the only example of kill being used as a noun that I can think of would be a fish kill.

• Options
    Houk wrote: »

Sometimes language is more than the rules people create to limit it...!

Yeah but on the flip side, those rules create certain expectations that can impact understanding when you attempt to defy them. If you attempt to transcend common usage, you cannot be surprised or upset when people don't follow you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo BUFFFAAAALLOOOO!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp! YOU CAN'T TRIPLE STAMP A DOUBLE STAMP!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    For every new language rule they should remove 2 old language rules.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    if you don't get the title "All You Need is Kill" you're being deliberately obtuse

there's not even that much to get

you have Kill, and that's all you need

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    All You Need is Kill Bill

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    if you don't get the title "All You Need is Kill" you're being deliberately obtuse

there's not even that much to get

you have Kill, and that's all you need
    CjF7hhqUoAI1wom.jpg

• Options
    kowikowi Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Do Pennsylvanians today sing songs 'til they get too cold then they go sit by the fire then they get warm and they come back and they sing some more?

Yes. They're called hicks.

Sounds like fun.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Cause and Effect and the Stargate SG-1 episodes are the best. Just great.

When Cause and Effect first aired I specifically remember my whole family freaking the fuck out when the Enterprise explodes before the credits even roll.

Stargate get bonus points for the period where O'Neil and Teal'c just give up and mess around for a while.

When I was in college, my roommate was a huge SG-1 fan and I was a huge TNG fan, so we actually had a cultural exchange of time loop episodes of our favorite sci fi series. Those were the two we watched.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I just remembered when I was 9 I was playing my first CRPG and I named the party Heavy hitter Kill.

Kill was a troll with 20 strength and regeneration.

So, you know, all you need is Kill is totally valid grammar, provided Kill follows the nomclementure of a 9-year-old's imaginary troll bruiser.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    KILL IS NOT A NOUN! YOU CAN'T NEED A VERB!

YOU CAN'T VERB A VERB!

All you need is read better.

All you need (to do) is read better.

All you need is kill.

All you need (to do) is kill.

The "to do" is not actually needed in order to make the statement grammatically correct.

It's a grammatically correct statement, even if it's of a style rarely used in everyday conversation.

The title is the answer to the story's question, which is "how to get out of this time loop"

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    It's a grammatically correct statement, even if it's of a style rarely used in everyday conversation.

and by rarely you mean not ever?

• Options
    I've never heard of that and if I ever heard someone talk like that i would box their ears with my butt cheeks.

• Options
    I've never heard of that and if I ever heard someone talk like that i would box their ears with my butt cheeks.

All you need is box my ears with your butt cheeks

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I apologize for starting that argument again.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »

All you need is not bring it up again.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Goose! wrote: »
    KILL IS NOT A NOUN! YOU CAN'T NEED A VERB!

YOU CAN'T VERB A VERB!

But typing "kill noun" in Google turns up a few definitions?

yeah kill totally has uses as a noun
    but you need to put an "a" in the title for it to work grammatically like that, "all you need is a kill"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Listen, I'm just happy someone's certain there will be 6 more weeks

dude nice

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

It seems like this is the perfect thread for rehashing old arguments

Can't stop, I need to be taking off from Treadmill Airport in 0.999999999... hours and Monty Hall has kindly shown me which door isn't the exit

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

It seems like this is the perfect thread for rehashing old arguments

Can't stop, I need to be taking off from Treadmill Airport in 0.999999999... hours and Monty Hall has kindly shown me which door isn't the exit

My friend, if someone toasted you in a sandwich, you'd be a magnificent bastard grilled cheese.

GDdCWMm.jpg