As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pather Panchali [Chat]

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mooochiiiii

/hands a hammer to a rabbit and tells him to get to work

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Hasn't DC had two reboots in less than 20 years

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Maaaan. The reviews for Horizon: Zero Dawn are looking really good. I am so itching to pick up a PS4 for it...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I plan to try and do with Stranger Things 2 as I did with the first season. Go in as blind as possible and enjoy the ride. It was a huge surprise to me and I enjoyed the shit out of it because of that.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Long distance charges on cell phones still exist? Our CEO racked up $158 for 50 minutes of talking.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I wonder what the narrative arc for stranger things 2 will be

I'm guessing there will be things. They will be stranger.

twice as strange?!?!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I still haven't seen stranger things

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I FUCKING LOOOOOOOVE REBOOOOOTS FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH&HHHHHH FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    Long distance charges on cell phones still exist? Our CEO racked up $158 for 50 minutes of talking.

international?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Maaaan. The reviews for Horizon: Zero Dawn are looking really good. I am so itching to pick up a PS4 for it...

You don't already have a Bloodborne/Nioh box? Tsk tsk.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I still haven't seen stranger things

the worst

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The first episode of Stranger Things scared the piss out of me

• Options

international?

yeah i think probably Australia

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

It turns out Dr. Manhattan wasn't perfect and universe-building for comics is hard, I guess.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TBH the little girl with the shaved head scares the shit out of me

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    rick_and_morty_tribute_by_angelavianello-day3844.jpg

Dan Harmon needs to used the entire Season 4 budget to just do a hour long episode done in the style of Akira.

Now that I said it, I'm kind of surprised the Venture Brothers guys haven't done that at this point.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

Yes

They're basically sitting there going "why isn't our gritty, self-serious convoluted storytelling working? Oh well time for another reboot"

The people running the show these days are baboons.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

That game is like right in my wheelhouse. I too am wishing I had a PS4 at this point.

• Options
    The first episode of Stranger Things scared the piss out of me

I know right those poor kids spending their whole day playing D&D they're basically dooming themselves to lives as social pariahs

• Options
    ok maybe that was too mean also D&D is cool

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I assume
    follow on with eleven, follow on with whatever deal the cop made with the sinister gov't agency, and follow on with the taint from the other side coming back in that little boy

?
    I thought the deal was that he'd go in and try and end it for them (since they weren't about to send any more dudes in there after what happened to the last guy). He also gave up the location of eleven (hiding in the school) as part of the deal I think? I didn't recall that as a loose end.
    oh I thought we didn't have the details of the deal

like yeah they let him go in instead, but what did he give up in return

but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember it months later

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    rick_and_morty_tribute_by_angelavianello-day3844.jpg

vas is das?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

That game is like right in my wheelhouse. I too am wishing I had a PS4 at this point.

I would buy it without hesitation, except.. Zelda and Switch next week. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Related, I added a bit more to my R&M sketbook collage.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Oh god, PS4 vs. Switch.

*does not look back as Athenor is turned to pillar of salt*

• Options
    Mr. Poopy Butthole was a wonderful character.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    ok maybe that was too mean also D&D is cool

nah you're good

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

I assume
    follow on with eleven, follow on with whatever deal the cop made with the sinister gov't agency, and follow on with the taint from the other side coming back in that little boy

?
    I thought the deal was that he'd go in and try and end it for them (since they weren't about to send any more dudes in there after what happened to the last guy). He also gave up the location of eleven (hiding in the school) as part of the deal I think? I didn't recall that as a loose end.

yeah
    I only watched it once, but I know we deffo weren't privy to the actual deal (it happens off screen) but I thought that the scene after that is the gov dudes showing up at the school and I assumed they gave up the location in exchange for getting to go in. But my memory is fuzzy.

porp and I are planning a re-watch with VH so i'll pay closer attention to that part next time

• Options

Fuckin' exclusives. We live in the future god damnit. Gimme dat PC version.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I haven't watched Stranger Things yet with no good excuse but I still don't want to be spoiled

I feel like it should be ok to spoil things to people if said people have no good excuse for not consuming something

Because consumption should be the default setting of the human race

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I assume

?

still stranger things spoilers
    i don't think he gave her up, we just see him making some kind of a deal and then learn he knows where she is when he leaves the lunchbox in the woods for her

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I want to run an RPG or maybe just do one where I'm not shy.

I think I'd do it better over text.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    The Playstation 4 exclusive library is finally hitting that point of critical mass I think. I'd buy one for sure now, if I didn't already have one.

• Options

Fuckin' exclusives. We live in the future god damnit. Gimme dat PC version.

Seriously...

Well, that and my PC is 7 years old. I had absolutely 0 interest in picking up a PS4 until Horizon was announced, and then I was like "I'll wait to see if it is good..."

And.. well.. fuck.

I always get Nintendo consoles. They are my jam, because I trust them, and I've been happy with my investments.

But the PS4 is just such a home run...

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    pull a fargo and set it in the past with young hopper doing hopper things idk

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Oh shiiiit I get my Zelda box next week? Cool. GOT THEM ZACK MORRIS NEON CONTROLLERS. GOT THEM CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL COLORS.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I DID IT

I GOT THE BAKERY STUFFS

If it's the one we went to, you have chosen . . . wisely

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i need to watch fargo season 2

now that i'm done with young pope........ if i can find some way to stream it maybe

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    oh god what noises am i hearing from this cat in the other room

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    The Playstation 4 exclusive library is finally hitting that point of critical mass I think. I'd buy one for sure now, if I didn't already have one.

Yeah, there's a lot of cool exclusives that are also there but easy to miss. Until Dawn is fun.

But now that we have Nioh and Horizon Zero Dawn in one month.

PS4 also tends to get the indie games and xbox doesn't or gets them way later for some fucking reason.

I'm still an xboy tho.

This discussion has been closed.