As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pather Panchali [Chat]

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The most annoying part about talking myself into/ out of a PS4...

Do I get a PS4 Pro? My TV is a 720p plasma that looks absolutely gorgeous, so it's not like I'll be taxing even a regular PS4.. but if there is a significant framerate boost with the PS4 when not doing super high resolution output.. well, is the future-proofing worth $100 extra?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    oh god what noises am i hearing from this cat in the other room

Maybe it's building a meownolith

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    pull a fargo and set it in the past with young hopper doing hopper things idk

the children are now babies and we watch them cry and shit for 10 hours

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Hasn't DC had two reboots in less than 8 years

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I wonder what the narrative arc for stranger things 2 will be

I assume
    follow on with eleven, follow on with whatever deal the cop made with the sinister gov't agency, and follow on with the taint from the other side coming back in that little boy

?
    I thought the deal was that he'd go in and try and end it for them (since they weren't about to send any more dudes in there after what happened to the last guy). He also gave up the location of eleven (hiding in the school) as part of the deal I think? I didn't recall that as a loose end.
    oh I thought we didn't have the details of the deal

like yeah they let him go in instead, but what did he give up in return

but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember it months later

still stranger things spoilers
    i don't think he gave her up, we just see him making some kind of a deal and then learn he knows where she is when he leaves the lunchbox in the woods for her
    more stranger things spoilers
    you definitely have scene order wrong. that happens after eleven self-sacrifices- i read it as hopper keeping a grave / hope that she's still alive in the upside down, although I suppose you could read it differently. but that definitely wasn't how they found out that Elevne was at the school

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Athenor wrote: »

Do I get a PS4 Pro? My TV is a 720p plasma that looks absolutely gorgeous, so it's not like I'll be taxing even a regular PS4.. but if there is a significant framerate boost with the PS4 when not doing super high resolution output.. well, is the future-proofing worth $100 extra?

No do not buy a pro if you cant even hit 1080p

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

The framerates are good. But Nioh for instance has normal ps4 at 720p and 60 frames. PS4 pro can do 1080x60 or 4kx30.

You should probably upgrade that TV at some point.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY8C3cIMR4o

dude knows how to use a soundtrack

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The first episode of Stranger Things scared the piss out of me

Querry and I watched some of it together-apart (via skype), then decided to do it together because it was creepy, but the level of creepiness dropped off by a huge percent right at that particular episode and we felt dumb.

• Options
    in a shocking twist, baby eleven has a full head of hair while the other children are bald

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

wow I misread "euthanasia" instead of anesthesia and was like

man that's super fucking dark matt

The better tag there would be "Benihana Prep Station" anyway

idgi is benihana something I can safely google at work?

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cjxSrlAtc

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    wait, eleven was a girl??

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Speaking of creepy

Have you guys seen the trailer for the upcoming body/cosmic horror film THE VOID

I will not link it because I don't want to be reminded of its imagery

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

The answer was definitely No a few weeks ago, but since they announced (released?) that feature which provides improvement even to games that don't specifically patch in a Pro version, is that still the consensus? I haven't done the new research on that.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The Playstation 4 exclusive library is finally hitting that point of critical mass I think. I'd buy one for sure now, if I didn't already have one.

I sorely regret not getting one during black friday

I had the money, I had the desire, I had the requisite obscene sale opportunities

And I threw it all away - for what, two nights' worth of some overly-talkative cocaine addict coming over to suckle on my teats? Was it worth it, December Edward?

Don't answer that, me

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Stupid Rimworld people keep dying

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Almost have a chapter done.
    GRAAAAAARGH

30+ pages
    only like 100 to go lel

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

The answer was definitely No a few weeks ago, but since they announced (released?) that feature which provides improvement even to games that don't specifically patch in a Pro version, is that still the consensus? I haven't done the new research on that.

I have heard good things about boost mode.

• Options
    Almost have a chapter done.
    GRAAAAAARGH

30+ pages
    only like 100 to go lel

push it out of your brain like the most athenic of poops

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiit I get my Zelda box next week? Cool. GOT THEM ZACK MORRIS NEON CONTROLLERS. GOT THEM CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL COLORS.

this is why we can't have nice things

• Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

If Boost Mode gives you more frames in The Last Guardian it might be worth it...

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

If Boost Mode gives you more frames in The Last Guardian it might be worth it...

Well no boost most is only for games hat do not support the pro

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    haha our president is an international disaster
    ;_;

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I DID IT

I GOT THE BAKERY STUFFS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

Wasn't this chat originally 99 pages? Is there an internal mod war going on?

THE PUBLIC DEMANDS ANSWERS FROM THE TUBULAR REGIME

• Options
    Elki has some sort of game going on and it will shorten.

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY8C3cIMR4o

dude knows how to use a soundtrack

I love this song's usage in the series but I also can't figure out how much I dislike Jude Law's nyc-area accent

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »

Wasn't this chat originally 99 pages? Is there an internal mod war going on?

THE PUBLIC DEMANDS ANSWERS FROM THE TUBULAR REGIME

Такие дела.

• Options
    edited February 2017

If so, shouldn't SiG have been informed before publicly declaring a recycle? Elki already shortened it once for this very iteration, to do it twice over the action of another administration official....

Eddy on
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

If so, shouldn't SiG have been informed before publicly declaring a recycle? Elki already shortened it once, to do it twice over the action of another administration official....

Silence the dissenter! Fake news!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    ;_;

i love the alt right dudes trying to paint sweden like a hellhole

"WOULD YOU GO HERE" with like, a picture of a dude with a mohawk next to a kinda rundown house

yes, yes i would

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Geth wrote: »

You guys need to change the formatting on this so the name goes at the end. This way when SIG does something, Geth just seems lackadaisical about the whole thing.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »

You guys need to change the formatting on this so the name goes at the end. This way when SIG does something, Geth just seems lackadaisical about the whole thing.

At least a comma after affirmative. Then I could pretend that Geth was mournful about the end of each chat.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ;_;

"WOULD YOU GO HERE" with like, a picture of a dude with a mohawk next to a kinda rundown house

yes, yes i would

Sweden tho

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    ;_;

yes, yes i would

It's been a thing for awhile. My neighbor is into the Russia / alt-right bullshit and was posting hysteria about minarets and blonde Swedish women having to cover their hair under threat of rape in 2015.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I am finally playing Slumbering Hounds

It is a good game.

I was genuinely surprised when
    I went on a date with Tiffany, did a bunch of side missions, then progressed the main story, met Not-Ping, who gave me her number. Then went on a date with Not-Ping because I thought like the Amanda thing, the date with Tiffany was a one-off that went nowhere. After that, the game gives me a side mission where a bro tells Wei that Tiffany has been stepping out on him with another dude and Wei is mad about it?

And I'm like oh, the game is just kinda dumb about the fact that I have already dated another girl, like its not tracking that, ugh fine whatever.

But then instead of dumping or confronting Tiffany, Wei gets weirdly possessive and bugs a phone and follows her to catch her in the act and it's super fucked and I'm like video game come on.

But it swings it all around, because Tiffany calls you out on being a hypocrite asshole, calls you out on banging Not-Ping on the side, and tells you to fuck off when you try to apologize and get back together after you've been a possessive asshole weirdo.

A+

This discussion has been closed.