Options

Same but different [Chat]

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    how do i "come out" to my coworker that i'm not a freaking republican without having to actually talk to or email him? i want no communication about it.
    almost every day he starts randomly laughing loudly and within a few seconds he starts telling me about some republican headline bullshit
    i cant take it anymore

what's that pavlov thing?

like every time he tries to talk to you, pick up your phone and be all "hang on" and answer it and then say "I gotta take this" until it triggers a reaction that he stops talking to you

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    how do i "come out" to my coworker that i'm not a freaking republican without having to actually talk to or email him? i want no communication about it.
    almost every day he starts randomly laughing loudly and within a few seconds he starts telling me about some republican headline bullshit
    i cant take it anymore

Do you ignore him every time?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    i cant take it anymore

I generally go with the neutral "I don't think it appropriate to discuss politics in the work place." But depends on the person your mileage may vary or be non-existent.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I just realized Bleric probably has a Texan accent and I can't reconcile the idea

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ludious wrote: »
    I just bought an arduino kit and a Bluetooth Low Energy Module

Paid for Saturday delivery

I'm either going to make a bed remote or be the star of Watchdogs 3

Did it include opto isolated IO? That's what need for making a programmatically controlled connection from one wire to another. You'll also want a voltmeter to determine signal polarity.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    6ggziocqylgq.png

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    i cant take it anymore

what's that pavlov thing?

like every time he tries to talk to you, pick up your phone and be all "hang on" and answer it and then say "I gotta take this" until it triggers a reaction that he stops talking to you

yeah i thought of that, i do it sometimes

blah hate this

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Oh it's 2:45 in the office and we're doing shots of fireball.

...lovely.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Man, you guys are really making me want to buy GTA 5 again and play it online. But I assume it will be like any [chat] gaming thing and peter out in a week or less.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    i cant take it anymore

i try really hard to show disinterest without being rude

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Man, you guys are really making me want to buy GTA 5 again and play it online. But I assume it will be like any [chat] gaming thing and peter out in a week or less.

3 days tops

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    i cant take it anymore

have you considered getting a giant framed picture of HRC a la Lelsie Knope?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    omg coworker who complains about no money and then flies out to $700 VIP concert is now complaining about her dad saying he's poor and then flying his girlfriend to tropical places

Matroyshka dolls forever

have you tried just suplexing her

She's not like, a malicious person, and I'm not like mad or upset or anything? It's just sort of mind boggling. Like, I know she's got no perspective because she does the whole "I'm so poor I bought $1500 in tickets and haven't scalped the second one yet ;-;" which... ok no perspective, but whatever.

I'm just kind of surprised she doesn't see the parallels there! That's the kind of weird bit. I know it's a normal psychological thing, it's just surprising.

We're so poor our combined salaries don't elevate us into the 1%.

I'm so poor we might have to start saving for kids college.

Our kids are in public schools even!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    god damnit fcc

it's still funny

yesterday i took that tool and showed it to a friend of mine and it went on for a good hour

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I just realized Bleric probably has a Texan accent and I can't reconcile the idea

The spool clan has a light general american southern accent but not a drawly drawl rural texas joke accent. It's light enough so as to be close to invisible, especially outside texas. I assume when at home they context switch and go full ham.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Although then at work we just had the monthly birthday celebration which was vaguely mardi gras themed (fairly decent king cake instead of the usual gross grocery store cake, so ok) and the security guy was tossing everyone mardi gras beads regardless of their unwilling body language/hostile expressions (which quite a few of us were sporting).

So I catch some beads tossed at me above my head because I have decent catching instincts from ultimate, and security guy's like "hah hah, [credeiki's] obviously done this before, eh? Hah, she's done this before" a couple of times.

Which--in an office of 50 people containing exactly 4 young women. NO. I mean don't do that to anyone, but especially not to one of the women, because it has a distinctly sexual connotation (ie, getting mardi gras beads for flashing people in New Orleans, which who knows if it's a thing but it's a pop culture thing) and it's completely inappropriate.

Hm maybe I should go back and confront the dude and be like 'yo that comment wasn't acceptable'; he's probably still in the lunch room

cred you just got a six figure job.

Let the fucking security guard have this one.

Oh he's not a security guard, he's like...er, I don't know, related to security clearances and handling of classified information.

And of course I did just go and take him aside and tell him that I understood his comment was meant as a joke, but it was inappropriate and I'd appreciate not being joked about in that way in the future, and he was like 'got it, thanks', so ok. I am appeased now. Can't let that shit slide though.

MY PREVIOUS POST IS MOOT

no, now she has to go back in time and implement your advice.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

I don't, people from Austin mostly don't have Texas accents

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »

3 days tops

Yeah. Fallen London was fine because it was free, but I'm not about to drop cash for a [chat] fling.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    who tosses mardi gras beads around at work anyways

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    i cant take it anymore

Be rude

He clearly hasn't gotten the message

Like, when he approaches literally put on headphones and whatever you do do not look in his direction

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

The spool clan has a light general american southern accent but not a drawly drawl rural texas joke accent. It's light enough so as to be close to invisible, especially outside texas. I assume when at home they context switch and go full ham.

I have never spoken with someone from the American south in real life I think so it's hard for me to know what's caricature and what's real

I hear people from Congress who sound like cartoons on the news though

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I mean I say "y'all" and, on occasion, "fixin' to" or uh

call blond people toeheads

but there's not really a cadence or anything

I guess sometimes I say "yes, sir" and it comes out "yee-ess surr" or sometimes I'll let out a "May'um"

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I don't, people from Austin mostly don't have Texas accents

Hipster texas

• Options
    Tune in NPR. As he talks, just keep slowly raising the volume. Do not break eye contact.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    some REAL cute dudes who were dressed like they were from Austin or westcoast walked by and I was like

NO COME BACK, MY PEOPLE

COME BACK

PLS

I thought you hated west-coast hipsters

Most of them are from California, you know

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Ludious on the other hand has a delightful drawl he tries his best to hide

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

that sounds racist.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    what about tumped over

• Options
    Tune in NPR. As he talks, just keep slowly raising the volume. Do not break eye contact.

okay this one is good.

• Options
    I have a pretty thick Ontario accent

• Options
    okay seriously guys
    you have to help me
    i cant take it anymore

"I mean this is the nicest way possible, but I'm not a republican and I don't care for republican political talk."

Assuming your coworker has like zero pull with anyone important.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Blinking is allowed but discouraged.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Chelle, get a red, white and blue baseball bat with #imwithher on the side, and just casually pick it up and hit your palm with it when he brings it up.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I have never spoken with someone from the American south in real life I think so it's hard for me to know what's caricature and what's real

I hear people from Congress who sound like cartoons on the news though

Despite claims that I heard cowboy boots and hats were not common business attire.

People do say y'all though

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited February 2017

that sounds racist.

wat

toehead just means

blond person - mostly it refers to babies

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    Austin is basically the California of Texas

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    my brother has picked up a Texan drawl and it's disgusting

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    I have a pretty thick Ontario accent

My family does the "eh" and pronounces house funny because we are heavily influenced from newfie canadian accents for some reason? Thanks Massena NY!

• Options
    Ludious on the other hand has a delightful drawl he tries his best to hide

Or rugged, where if he tried to hide it, it would still be so broad and pronounced that nobody would notice he was doing a thing.

This discussion has been closed.