As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Friends of Dorothy [Chat]

19596979899101»

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    it's just so fucking depressing

I could get the loans

but every house within an hour of civilization starts at like $400k

so cool I always wanted to pay two fucking grand a month for my mortgage :eh:

who are all these people pulling down 150k a year

like honestly the market doesn't even make sense... people are here working but they're not all making that much money

is everyone just house poor

scraping by paying 2/3rds of their income on rent or mortgage?

what do you consider 'hour within civilization'

like are you set on the north side?

my sister is a Realtor mostly focusing on the south seattle/tacoma area and i constantly see nice looking houses for like 350

but yeah i guess 400 is probably more common

I work in in north redmond so south end is right out

and honestly even 350 is pushing it pretty far

man I wonder how much our shit shit shit traffic and lack of public transit effects things

like, people's jobs are all over the place, but nobody wants to live very far (geographically) from their job because even a 10 mile commute is an hour

so like, there's isn't as much of a gradient of desirable->undesirable locations, every spot is super desirable

oh so maybe like

Everett

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I understand not liking a show because you find the characters insufferable. With Breaking Bad, I understand that's pretty easy to do. They're all pretty horrible people.

But saying the show objectively sucks because it doesn't mesh with your personal experiences is... well, myopic as hell. And pretty closed-minded.

That's an entirely overboard accusation and a big mischaracterization of "I did not find the characters believable"

which was all pony said, except with more words and linebreaks because pony

He said they don't act like people, like flat out. That people do not act like that.

I'm here to tell you... oh boy, yeah they do.

You are completely misreading what I'm saying. Possibly on purpose as someone who likes the show?

The point I'm making is that Breaking Bad has terrible characterization for a program based around serial storytelling. Episode to episode, the motivation and development of characters are all over the place and are inconsistent in a way that is unrealistic and unbelievable. Within a single given episode, it may be fine, it's a problem that becomes more apparent with binge watching an entire season at a time (which to be fair, isn't how the show is intended to be watched).

If you like the show, that's ok. If you disagree with me, that's ok too. You don't need to make a slam at me personally for it, that's fucking weird. Ironically, I'm probably the last person to take a shot at for not knowing what I'm talking about with regards to how realistic a portrayal the people in that particular sort of life is, but that's not even the crux if my complaint.

The crux of that complaint being how a character like say, Walter, will kvetch and angst about being a criminal one episode and then the next, demand his due and respect for being the self-same. It's not a complex commentary on the duality of man. He's not a deep three dimensional character. It's just two different writers with two different visions of who Walter is and they're not on message yet.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    okay pasta is starting to taste fonky

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    omellette, gentille omellette
    omellette, je te plumerai

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    oh

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

someone get Simon in here quick

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Just submitted an apartment application. I'd love to join the homeowner club but when I last inquired they basically laughed at me because my debt to income ratio. Wheee student loans.

Did you forget to rent out that condo your mom gave you to supplement your 200k job that you got upon graduation?

Shit I knew I forgot something brb going back in time and stealing someone else's life

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    w e l c o m e t o a n i m e b o i z

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so this [chat] does not have a termination page

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i was going to be like

AH is that fucking american cheese on that spaghetti

but i didn't want to food shame you

but now i dunno maybe i should

What's wrong with american cheese?

nothing in the right applications

pasta not being one

Oh, is american cheese a specific type of cheese? I thought maybe it was just any cheese made in america.

so it's one of those things where it's like... individually wrapped, I think, and where I'm honestly not sure if it could be legally called cheese in either of our countries

There is the shit like that, yes.

But there's also good American Cheese, typically available at the deli counter. It's an absolute must when making Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, because it melts so good. I like to use a slice of that with something sharper, like an Extra Sharp Cheddar or even a Smoked Cheddar. So good. Unf.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    okay pasta is starting to taste fonky

1117976_1347750432760_full.jpg

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Let's go hang out with Jacob at an anime con.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    it's just so fucking depressing

I could get the loans

but every house within an hour of civilization starts at like $400k

so cool I always wanted to pay two fucking grand a month for my mortgage :eh:

who are all these people pulling down 150k a year

like honestly the market doesn't even make sense... people are here working but they're not all making that much money

is everyone just house poor

scraping by paying 2/3rds of their income on rent or mortgage?

what do you consider 'hour within civilization'

like are you set on the north side?

my sister is a Realtor mostly focusing on the south seattle/tacoma area and i constantly see nice looking houses for like 350

but yeah i guess 400 is probably more common

I work in in north redmond so south end is right out

and honestly even 350 is pushing it pretty far

man I wonder how much our shit shit shit traffic and lack of public transit effects things

like, people's jobs are all over the place, but nobody wants to live very far (geographically) from their job because even a 10 mile commute is an hour

so like, there's isn't as much of a gradient of desirable->undesirable locations, every spot is super desirable

oh so maybe like

Everett

As I said, "Trumpland".

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    I want the seattle-area housing market to crash already

pls

lemme pick up a condo or something

Agreed, but never gonna happen.

it happened in 2008

no lessons were learned

it'll happen again, the question is just when

A lot of lessons were learned, when it goes next it will be for completely different reasons.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I got swiss cheese omelette in the US. If I could find that cheese here I would lock myself in and eat it until I died.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    a8a1fedcb85376bb6c9dd7a8b9f198d7.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    i was going to be like

pasta not being one

Oh, is american cheese a specific type of cheese? I thought maybe it was just any cheese made in america.

so it's one of those things where it's like... individually wrapped, I think, and where I'm honestly not sure if it could be legally called cheese in either of our countries

There is the shit like that, yes.

But there's also good American Cheese, typically available at the deli counter. It's an absolute must when making Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, because it melts so good. I like to use a slice of that with something sharper, like an Extra Sharp Cheddar or even a Smoked Cheddar. So good. Unf.

Yeah.

Real American cheese is p excellent in melted applications.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Let's go hang out with Jacob at an anime con.

He doesn't go to those *wink*

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    best page 101. I'mma go throw up spaghetti now

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    everyone, quick post picture of birds.

• Options
    i was going to be like

pasta not being one

It's called "cheesefood"

in our countries that would have to be "■■■■■■food"

you can't "I can't believe it's not BUTTER" here

example, the shredded cheese-like product called simply "shredded"

(shredded what? Don't worry about it it's not important.)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It's anime time?

ySnTq9W.gif

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    hell we might make 102.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I got swiss cheese omelette in the US. If I could find that cheese here I would lock myself in and eat it until I died.

a grilled ham and swiss cheese sandwich is p close to perfect

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    THE FORBIDDEN PAGES! THE FORBIDDEN PAGES! THE FORBIDDEN PAGES!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    so at dinner in whisler i ordered this mac n' cheese with chorizo

like that's all it said, i was just expecting macaroni noodles with cheese sauce and some crumbly chorizo bits

instead i got giant fucking skillet of mac'n'cheese with another god damn pound of shredded cheese melted on top with chorizo strips that were fucking amazing

gs51fJv.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.