As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DISC JAM THREAD

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2017 in Social Entropy++
Yoooooooo this game is a ton of fun. And its FREE on PS4 right now!

I've only played a handful of games with randoms. Both gotten my ass beat and beat some ass. I'm getting quite good on offense but my defense still needs a lot of work.

WHAT IS DISC JAM, RAIJIN QUICKFOOT?

I'm glad you asked. It's not unlike tennis but instead of hitting a ball with a racket, you're flinging a big metal disc back and forth. If the disc gets past you, you're opponent scores. If it hits the ground, your opponent scores.

THAT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE, RAIJIN QUICKFOOT

It really is! Anyone could pick up a controller and get the hang of the basics in a few seconds. There's a lot of strategy though. The faster you return your opponents shot, the faster it moves. You can use the analog stick to add curvature and ricochet shots off of the walls. You can throw a lob in and catch your opponent off guard (this one gets me a lot). It's a pretty simple but very deep and rewarding learning system.

WHERE CAN I PLAY THIS RAIJIN QUICKFOOT?

On the PS4 my good person! Also on the PC I think? Who cares about the PC? It might be on XBONE? I honestly don't know. If someone tells me it is I'll add it to the list.

WHO ELSE IS PLAYING THIS GAME RAIJIN QUICKFOOT?

Now that's a great question and one I intend to answer in this space! I'll get a list of PS4 and PC players. Maybe we can get together for some singles or doubles matches! @ me in your post and I'll add you to the list.

BUT RAIJIN! THERE'S A SPACE IN YOUR NAME. I CAN'T SEEM TO @ YOU!

Just type the @ then put Raijin Quickfoot in quotes. You're not alone my friend. Many people struggle with this.

RAIJIN! THANKS FOR MAKING THIS THREAD! I THINK THIS WILL BE A LOT OF FUN!

Yeah, me too bud... Me too.

PLAYERS

PS4
Raijin Quickfoot - PSN - RaijinQ

PC

Raijin Quickfoot on

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Who cares about the PC?
    :|

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Who cares about @Bedlam

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    No B. Yoo no sale

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gonna make a Windjammers thread once the ps4 version hits just to spite raisin for not even mentioning it

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This isn't a Windjammers thread! It's a Disc Jam thread!

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    who is this pretender to the throne

uc3ufTB.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I really need to get around to downloading this but Zelda.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    you come at the flying power disc king, you best not miss

uc3ufTB.png
    Nothing against Windjammers but I can't play that on my PS4 currently!

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I would love to play the copy of Disc Jam that I have on PS+, but I am currently playing Yakuza 0, Overwatch, Zelda, and Horizon, and I want to play Nioh, Nier, Mass Effect, and Persona 5 over the next few weeks too.

There's just no time!

ZD98Zka.png
    Guess I'll just keep playing randoms