As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crawfish [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I could get tripods for my vive cameras to make them more portable

i have at least one person who wants me to bring it over

This doesn't work, the tracking goes to shit. Get floor to ceiling contractor poles and little clamp mounts.

This: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ5XH4O/
    and
    This: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067S12/

These are exactly what I have and they are perfect. The clamps with ball joint are especially great. You can look for cheaper/prettier products of the same type though, especially for the poles which are pricey and orange.

It's even the best mounting solution at home, better than screwing into walls.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Preacher wrote: »

I fully expect there to be a caveat exempting republicans. Not politicians in general, but specifically members of the GOP>

That won't stop an intense campaign to obtain all of their personal information (legally or not) and make it available to their constituents

this kind of issue fires up a certain sector of the internet that should be left to memes and calling in Russian airstrikes for the lulz

override367 on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I am a Social Justice Rogue

You only steal from shitlords.

And I give to the

uhh

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Some SJWs should respec cleric so we can work on the healthcare system

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Yawn

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm thinking that the city council's action would be unconstitutional in the US. What with freedom of speech and possibly assembly would apply here.

Doesn't Canada have similar laws? They're pretty blatantly attempting to deny the rights to hold a parade because they disagree with its specific and political message.

They're just withdrawing city funding. They're not saying the parade can't operate.

yeah but even then in the US you have to treat those things evenly (especially if you're the government)

I don't believe any city is required to fund a parade for anyone? They just can't discriminate in like letting people have the permits and such?

I mean I guess it depends on if its an advertised grant or some kind of specific fund allocated to community activities that anyone can apply to, in which case I'd say it would need to be treated agnostic of the politics of the event; or if its a special budget request from the parade specifically for the parade.

The article I read just said "grant" so it's not really clear.

But the event wasn't agnostic toward the city banning police who hadn't done the event wrong because a specific bad actor demanded it of them. I think the city is within their right to pull funding.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Whether or not you agree with the parade organizers reasons for not wanting the police to participate doesn't make it not political speech.

But they aren't denying them the right to protest, just the right to get city funding which seems well within their right?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Yawn

Go back to sleep

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So are ISPs just going to decline to sell the data of certain customers who definitely don't have any association with one another or fit any kind of discernible pattern? How are Congresscritters gonna avoid this?

Or are they really that stupid.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am a Social Justice Rogue

You only steal from shitlords.

And I give to the

uhh

...yourself.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I have a hard time believing that votes can literally be bought with contributions from lobbying groups that usually amount to a negligible amount of money for these already wealthy people, but bills like this one just leave me completely unable to come up with a better explanation.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Asshole rednecks: "BLM is a hate group! They're racist against whites!"

No they aren't, they just want to stop police brutal--

*Yusra Khogali grabs the mic* "WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL! JUSTIN TRUDEAU IS A TERRORIST! MELANIN CHANNELS COSMIC ENERGY!"

--as I was saying, fuck everything, you guys work it out.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Some SJWs should respec cleric so we can work on the healthcare system
    I actually specced OUT of cleric. The responsibility was thankless and my DPS was shit.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    motherfucker 2 minutes to go and a call from a fucking cloud desktop user

I cant even fix this issue but ima be on the phone for ages since I have to open a support ticket

THE CLOUD IS A SCAM

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking that the city council's action would be unconstitutional in the US. What with freedom of speech and possibly assembly would apply here.

Doesn't Canada have similar laws? They're pretty blatantly attempting to deny the rights to hold a parade because they disagree with its specific and political message.

They're just withdrawing city funding. They're not saying the parade can't operate.

yeah but even then in the US you have to treat those things evenly (especially if you're the government)

I don't believe any city is required to fund a parade for anyone? They just can't discriminate in like letting people have the permits and such?

I mean I guess it depends on if its an advertised grant or some kind of specific fund allocated to community activities that anyone can apply to, in which case I'd say it would need to be treated agnostic of the politics of the event; or if its a special budget request from the parade specifically for the parade.

The article I read just said "grant" so it's not really clear.

But the event wasn't agnostic toward the city banning police who hadn't done the event wrong because a specific bad actor demanded it of them. I think the city is within their right to pull funding.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Whether or not you agree with the parade organizers reasons for not wanting the police to participate doesn't make it not political speech.

But they aren't denying them the right to protest, just the right to get city funding which seems well within their right?

ok ok, so we're on the same page there

so it (probably?) comes down to how exactly that funding is offered

if there's like the "Community Event Grant" and it's for doing community events and that's what they applied for then the government totally should be attempting to hand out that money in a manner agnostic to political stance

if the parade just pitched it straight to the city and it became a line item specifically for that parade then I'm more okay with the city stripping the funding

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    "putin"
    "putin strong leader"
    "putin shirtless"
    "putin on horse"
    "putin horse sex"

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    "putin"
    "putin strong leader"
    "putin shirtless"
    "putin on horse"
    "putin horse sex"

"horse sex"
    "horse sax"
    "sax playing horse sex"

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    "putin"
    "putin strong leader"
    "putin shirtless"
    "putin on horse"
    "putin horse sex"

hmm

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I survived another assessment but my best friend in the school failed and got let go

he was such a nice dude too

3 more to go

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    What is it with Russian leaders and Horse Sex

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Asshole rednecks: "BLM is a hate group! They're racist against whites!"

No they aren't, they just want to stop police brutal--

*Yusra Khogali grabs the mic* "WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL! JUSTIN TRUDEAU IS A TERRORIST! MELANIN CHANNELS COSMIC ENERGY!"

--as I was saying, fuck everything, you guys work it out.

this is like watching that nina simone doc on netflix and i'm like man i love nina simone fuck yeah you go oh kill whitey oh hmm i mean i get it but *tugs collar* oh they're playing mississippi goddamn again!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'd imagine if ISP data goes for sale journalists will eventually find congressional data. If again they dont' make that illegal just like they aren't subject to insider trading laws.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 5.1

@Elendil will create the new thread
    @Donkey Kong is backup

This discussion has been closed.