As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild] Bokoblin Genocide Simulator

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I'm up to 108 shrines I think, plus waiting on the next blood moon to unlock that one. Hopefully I won't screw up and jump off the wrong side of the mountain like I did last time I tried. :P

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I can't be the only one who just doesn't care about the main dungeons or quests at all, but I should probably push forward a little bit. I'm up to like ~80 shrines, 150 koroks, many sidequests done, but I still only have completed the one Zora dungeon. I just can't be bothered with giving up on my explorations.

And I mean, why should I care about a rampaging mechanical camel when someone really needs to find an appropriately-sized horse and someone else wants to sample the best royal cuisine?? Not to mention the cute little Korok who wants to see an ice rod so badly. These are the important tasks of Hyrule!!!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I hopped on yesterday telling myself that I'll finally finish the game.

And instead decided to go get some dragon scales and unlock two new shrines and complete the Thunder area. This game makes me so OCD.

god as my witness, I will upgrade every armor, unlock every shrine, and find enough koroks to unlock every inventory slot before I fight ganon

I'm close to that, but after unlocking a few bow/shield spots I don't need anymore, and that soldier armor and its requirements for like 47 lynel guts can just fuck right off. Besides, the
    guardian armor
    gives you the same stats with an actual bonus.

But yeah, gotta get all the shrines. The reward is just tooooo good.

haven't seen any lynel guts yet

I guess the reds don't drop them?

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder how SOL I'm going to be when I run out of good weapons. Even black and silver quality enemies carry shitty bokoblin clubs pretty often.

Weapon quality is somewhat tied to location. Bokos around Dueling Peaks seem to have lower quality. Plateau bokos have basic clubs. Go further out and you will quickly start to see bokos with dragonbone, knight, and royal quality gear. Also, the more you fight, the more you start to see weps with bonus affixes, like extra durable. Basically, if you are having trouble fighting stuff, fight more and tougher enemies. I kill just about every enemy I come across and I'm overloaded with high level weps. I've got a great flamesword, meteor rod, and savage lynel bow mounted at my house because I already have one of each in my inventory.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

And instead decided to go get some dragon scales and unlock two new shrines and complete the Thunder area. This game makes me so OCD.

god as my witness, I will upgrade every armor, unlock every shrine, and find enough koroks to unlock every inventory slot before I fight ganon

I'm close to that, but after unlocking a few bow/shield spots I don't need anymore, and that soldier armor and its requirements for like 47 lynel guts can just fuck right off. Besides, the
    guardian armor

Nope, only the stronger ones. And lynels are rare enough (and far enough away from shrines) that grinding them is a pain.

Which is why soldier armor can fuck right off. (Especially since you'll need a few guts for other sets too, just not nearly as many.)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who just doesn't care about the main dungeons or quests at all, but I should probably push forward a little bit. I'm up to like ~80 shrines, 150 koroks, many sidequests done, but I still only have completed the one Zora dungeon. I just can't be bothered with giving up on my explorations.

And I mean, why should I care about a rampaging mechanical camel when someone really needs to find an appropriately-sized horse and someone else wants to sample the best royal cuisine?? Not to mention the cute little Korok who wants to see an ice rod so badly. These are the important tasks of Hyrule!!!

I'd suggest doing the Rito dungeon. The ability you get is useful and can make exploring more pleasant. The Gerudo ability is also very nice.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Knowing what I now know about the Rito ability and the armor for sale there, I kind of regret doing them last.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    STUFF

Lynel guts are found on blue and white lynels. Be prepared with some +heart food or get good at perfect guarding.

For anything-alfos I prefer a spear. Target, jab, target skull, break skull before it hits the ground. Honestly I've only done that once and I usually have to dash attack to get the skull. Spears are also my preferred wep when dealing with chu-chus and keese when I can't boomerang them.

You can perfect dodge a lizalfos's's's's's's tongue attack. He must have been confused as fuck when I did that.

Did you know bows can randomly have +2 bonus arrows per shot? So far I've only gotten one bow with this, and it's a savage lynel bow. Yes that means it shoots five arrows at once.

Questions about gear, minor spoiler:
    The Radiant set armor. Set bonus is disguise and +bone damage. What exactly do these do? Does +bone damage apply only to stal parts or to boko weps with bones attached? What does disguise even mean?

EDIT: I think I may have figured out something just as I hit reply:
    Disguise might mean that stal monsters do not attack you at night!

Nobeard on
  • Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    STUFF

Lynel guts are found on blue and white lynels. Be prepared with some +heart food or get good at perfect guarding.

For anything-alfos I prefer a spear. Target, jab, target skull, break skull before it hits the ground. Honestly I've only done that once and I usually have to dash attack to get the skull. Spears are also my preferred wep when dealing with chu-chus and keese when I can't boomerang them.

You can perfect dodge a lizalfos's's's's's's tongue attack. He must have been confused as fuck when I did that.

Did you know bows can randomly have +2 bonus arrows per shot? So far I've only gotten one bow with this, and it's a savage lynel bow. Yes that means it shoots five arrows at once.

Question about gear, minor spoiler:
    The Radiant set armor. Set bonus is disguise and +bone damage. What exactly do these do? Does +bone damage apply only to stal parts or to boko weps with bones attached? What does disguise even mean?

couple questions

How much harder is a blue lynel than a red one? I've taken down several reds, and they generally do about half a heart per attack.

When a bow shoots +arrows, does it do it in a spread or is it basically 3 arrows hitting the exact same place?

as an aside, I use bows on the stalfos and destroy the head in one hit

much easier!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Shooting chuchus' eyes with arrows counts as a headshot.

• Options

guardian armor

Nope, only the stronger ones. And lynels are rare enough (and far enough away from shrines) that grinding them is a pain.

Which is why soldier armor can fuck right off. (Especially since you'll need a few guts for other sets too, just not nearly as many.)

Area north and north-ish of Lost Woods has three white lynels along the cliff edge. They are spaced very far apart so there is no risk of pulling two. I recommend at least trying to perfect guard their attacks. The timing seems to be pretty generous for them as I have about 75%-%80 success rate and I flub octorok reflects all the time. Also, I find angling your camera to not be directly behind you helps a lot with timing.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    STUFF

couple questions

How much harder is a blue lynel than a red one? I've taken down several reds, and they generally do about half a heart per attack.

When a bow shoots +arrows, does it do it in a spread or is it basically 3 arrows hitting the exact same place?

much easier!

Blues are a lot harder than reds. They hit much harder, have much more health, have shock arrows, and do big AOE attacks that you have to either guard or run away from.* However, given that reds do so little damage to you, it appears that you have much better armor than I do so a blue may not be that difficult. Still, bring +heart food and a bunch of weps and shields because the bastards are tough.

Depends on the bow. Lynel bows shoot a relatively tight spread. Yiga bows shoot two in a line. I haven't even tried my 5 arrow bow. I'm guessing a tight spread.

I've only once managed to head shot a stal monster. Bows are my weakest skill. I occasionally whiff killing wildlife and tower guards. I hate electric poes because I cannot one shot them. I'm more Gimli than Legolas, is what I'm saying.

*I may be mis-remembering the AOE attack.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    STUFF

couple questions

much easier!

Blues are a lot harder than reds. They hit much harder, have much more health, have shock arrows, and do big AOE attacks that you have to either guard or run away from.* However, given that reds do so little damage to you, it appears that you have much better armor than I do so a blue may not be that difficult. Still, bring +heart food and a bunch of weps and shields because the bastards are tough.

Depends on the bow. Lynel bows shoot a relatively tight spread. Yiga bows shoot two in a line. I haven't even tried my 5 arrow bow. I'm guessing a tight spread.

I've only once managed to head shot a stal monster. Bows are my weakest skill. I occasionally whiff killing wildlife and tower guards. I hate electric poes because I cannot one shot them. I'm more Gimli than Legolas, is what I'm saying.

*I may be mis-remembering the AOE attack.

but you have nobeard

:cool:

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    BURN HIM

• Options
    What there is a 5-shot bow???

• Options

Pretty sure
    The reward from the elder rito after beating Vah Medoh is a 5 shot bow

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Pretty sure
    28x3, I have no idea if it can roll with affixes though.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Pretty sure
    28x3, I have no idea if it can roll with affixes though.

doh

I would have sworn =P

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Pretty sure

I never used that but you can definitely pick up Savage Lynel bows that shoot five.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

Sho nuff. You can get
    savage lynel bows
    that fire 5 shots.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I ended up with a
    Forest Dweller's Bow x5 that I've been saving. And of course the Yiga nerds always drop a x2 bow, which I always make sure I use at least that when I'm Guardian hunting with ancient arrows. Gives you a little extra leeway for hitting your kill shot.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

This way lies the path to madess ...

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

This way lies the path to madess ...

I think the only real stopping point will be star fragments

I have 4 already and know where 2 more are from quests.

I figure I still need well over 10k rupees to buy armor/house/upgrades, so I have plenty of time to get all the bits I need

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    youv

guardian armor

Hyrule castle has 2 silver at each guard house and the coloseum has one sliver as well. They alway drop guts in my experience

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I figure I still need well over 10k rupees to buy armor/house/upgrades, so I have plenty of time to get all the bits I need

WELL over, let's just say. Goddamn fourth fairy...

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    There are a disproportionate amount of "blessing" shrines at the back of the pack, probably because i usually didn't go out of my way to do shrine quests before.

Did the Korok Trials, which were all blessing shrines, and then the Forgotten Temple, blessing, and then the deep dark one, also blessing. Gets kind of dull, though the quests to get there were all very cool, except that damn follow-the-korok trial.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    There are a disproportionate amount of "blessing" shrines at the back of the pack, probably because i usually didn't go out of my way to do shrine quests before.

Did the Korok Trials, which were all blessing shrines, and then the Forgotten Temple, blessing, and then the deep dark one, also blessing. Gets kind of dull, though the quests to get there were all very cool, except that damn follow-the-korok trial.

Well the shrine part of those shrines was getting to them, mostly. Its why I give the game so much slack on the dungeons being a bit lackluster, the entire world is one big dungeon really.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Only got to play about 30 minutes before I had to leave, but yo this already feels special. The minimalist intro sequence was very cool.

I skipped every trailer past that very first one with Link jumping off the horse, so this is like my first good look at the world, seeing it all laid out was breathtaking (aaay)

Oh brilliant
  • Options

WELL over, let's just say. Goddamn fourth fairy...

Got her already!

• Options
    Really once you approach the endgame you end up drowning in loot/materials so there's always extra to sell. I'm just glad this is an open world game where vendors don't have limited cash on hand when you sell them stuff.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    The one that sucks is a certain end game set you get. Has you running all over. And I thought upgrading the Champion's tunic was a pain in the ass. I said, "Screw this!"

And the final armor rating would have only improved things by one heart.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Did my first Divine Beast last night(Ruta). That encounter was amazing even though I had a little problem with the camera/controls.

The
    Dungeon (Is the insides of Ruta considered a dungeon?) took me a bit to work through all the puzzles and I need to finish the last 2 things of it tonight but I think I have it figured out now. I am a bit stumped by the chest stuck between two stones but maybe I just need to play with it more to get it into a position I can stasis and hit it.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I abandoned that chest.

Assume you need to
    rotate the wheel until the top weight moves then Stasis it, as you said.

Before I figured out you could adjust the water, I was trying to Stasis & bomb/wack the ball into the trigger. :bigfrown:

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    This sums up my BOTW experience nicely:

https://youtu.be/6vCc9jiYreo

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I finally got this. Is prettier than expected, wow. <3

a little disappointed with the lack of stuff on the Wii U gamepad screen though. Was expecting it to be like Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD with an inventory or map available at all times, but it's just a black screen with a button to boop the display onto it. Not much incentive to use the gamepad at all if that's the case, will probably switch to Pro controller. Unless the inventory screen unlocks later maybe?
    I often go to bed with the gamepad screen turned on. So I dunno.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    People who are alread in the late game, do you know where I can find a Blue Lynel?

It seems they are all silver now in my game.

• Options
    This sums up my BOTW experience nicely:

https://youtu.be/6vCc9jiYreo

Oh my god I can't breathe that was fantastic.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I abandoned that chest.

Assume you need to
    rotate the wheel until the top weight moves then Stasis it, as you said.

Before I figured out you could adjust the water, I was trying to Stasis & bomb/wack the ball into the trigger. :bigfrown:

I beat that area and I still have no idea
    what the sliding ball does