As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Box o' Board Games - Anyone Buy?

Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
edited March 2017 in PAX East
So, curiosity has the best of me. There was a booth selling a big box of board games for like $35ish, claiming it contained $150 in value with some demo games, dented boxes, overstock, etc. Anyone buy one of these and if so can you share what you got? I was really tempted and would like to know what I missed.

Lindsay Lohan on

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    On Sunday you could get three boxes for $70. Between them were ten games including stuff like expansions and custom poker chips. For $35 I ended up with 6 games, friend took 4 with expansions so it was a decently even split. Got a few party/card games, one Japanese game where the box was dented, and a very interesting looking high strategy diplomacy game.

10/10 would gamble my fate to the box again.

• Options
    SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    I got a box on Sunday. It had Machine of Death, Machine of Death: Side Effects Expansion, Let's take a Hike, and Fast & Furious: Full Throttle. The only one that will get any my house will be Let's take a Hike. I'm kind of "Meh" about it.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Those board game blind boxes were a huge trap