Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19495969798100»

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Roz wrote: »
    Poor jade Druid, no longer the green policeman of the format he used to be.

Jade Druid can take his shitty nonfunctioning arm and go away.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Crystal rogue continues to infuriate me

Yes, lets draw both preps in the first 5 turns 3 games in row.

Sure, lets have the first 4 turns of draws be all 4 charge minions

Every game I win I pull it out by the skin of my teeth, most of them end with my hand being 5 1-drops, two preps, and 7 of my 8 bounce cards still undrawn and unplayed in my deck

Like seriously what dark bargain did the rest of these rogues I play make to not have garbage draws for a dozen straight games

It does sound like you're having some bad luck, but yes winning with quest rogue often feels janky as hell. Like most of my wins with it involve doing 20-25 charge damage from hand the turn before I would die from my opponent's board.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Jade Druid is one of the top decks in the format right now tho? It's been doing real well in high legend.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Jade Druid is one of the top decks in the format right now tho? It's been doing real well in high legend.

Is it?

That doesn't match with what I've heard or seen on streams. Entirely possible I've just missed it, but huh. That's cool, I like Jade Druid :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I just had a quest rogue play a 20/20 edwin, then use that plus SI, dagger, 2 boars, and a brew master to hit me for a lethal 26 damage on turn 7.

Apparently this dude was just running the quest for fun

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    The sad thing about most of the new Druid cards is that they are even better when you get them in a Hunter deck from Macaw or Infest or something.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    About 18 months ago or so I lamented that Blizzard only seemed to be pushing Druid in one direction - towards a slower mid-range shell, and that was it's only viable archetype. Where's the aggressive cards? Aggression seems to fit completely naturally into the Druid Class. Then they gave us Jade Druid, which we all know how that went.

Well, finally with this expansion Druid has a pretty good aggro deck! Which, after all my complaining you'd think I'd want to give it a shot. Yet, I'm totally uninterested in it.

I am what's wrong with humanity.

Well honestly, you like Druid. Druid's never been aggro. Why would you like aggro-Druid?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I just had a quest rogue play a 20/20 edwin, then use that plus SI, dagger, 2 boars, and a brew master to hit me for a lethal 26 damage on turn 7.

I dunno if it still is, but Edwin used to be included in Quest Rogue just for that reason. Sometimes you can just win with Edwin, so why not include it? I think that was cut in most decks for more reliably completing the quest?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Is it?

That doesn't match with what I've heard or seen on streams. Entirely possible I've just missed it, but huh. That's cool, I like Jade Druid :)

Firebat was talking it up a lot, at least, and he seemed to be putting up results with it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    hippofant wrote: »
    About 18 months ago or so I lamented that Blizzard only seemed to be pushing Druid in one direction - towards a slower mid-range shell, and that was it's only viable archetype. Where's the aggressive cards? Aggression seems to fit completely naturally into the Druid Class. Then they gave us Jade Druid, which we all know how that went.

Well, finally with this expansion Druid has a pretty good aggro deck! Which, after all my complaining you'd think I'd want to give it a shot. Yet, I'm totally uninterested in it.

I am what's wrong with humanity.

Well honestly, you like Druid. Druid's never been aggro. Why would you like aggro-Druid?

Back in my day you only needed to do 16 damage as a druid and you won

Kids these days and their quests

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    How do mages not know to check for Eye for an Eye with their ping? It blows my mind.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Kolento has been running Jade Druid at high Legend, seems to be doing very well.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Not to bitch and moan more about Hearthstone (I mean, maybe a little but c'mon it's fun...) HOTS 2.0 just released today with a bunch of rewards for both Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, just for PLAYING with friends. Over the next four weeks, you can get 10 free OW boxes, AND 10 free HOTS boxes just for playing HOTS with friends.

...Can Team 5 please get the memo?

hearthstone already makes money hand over fist so it has no need to lure players in

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Blizzard does need to play around with giving away more packs though. Packs should definitely be in the season chests for example. Giving away a small number of packs to encourage casuals to grind the ladder will probably lead to them wanting to craft more decks and thus using gold and dust now rather than hoarding it for the next expansion.

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular

it's hard to judge the power of these inconsistent decks.

i've been playing a silence priest and sometimes it's like i draw both divine spirits by turn 5 and i'm hitting you for 32 damage with my stupid plant. other times it's like i can't even get a damn minion in hand to buff. so far, i've won 7 and lost 3 which is like an awesome win rate, but i can't help but think it's pure luck.

• Options
    All that matters is you get lucky more than half the time.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    It is, but overall the winrate is high enough for ladderclimbing if you have time and are wiling to concede.

And it really struggles against taunt warrior and hunters that run hard removal

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I finally pushed over the rank 5 hump with mid-range Hunter. I think that's been the most consistent deck for me outside of pirate Warrior, with murloc Paladin rounding out my 3 most-played decks so far this season.

• Options
    BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    Still playing @3clipse's Dragon Priest at Rank 3. I'm absolutely floored that I just won this game against a midrange Paladin with not one, not two, but six Tirions. Shit is ridiculous. One from his deck, the rest from Stonehill Defenders that rolled Tirion every time. Two from his original Stonehills in his deck, one from a Stonehill that was Getaway Kodo'd, two from Stonehills that he Brewmastered. Who the fuck runs Brewmasters in a midrange Paladin deck at Rank 3?!

It was unbelievable that I had answers each and every time and I got to steal the Ashbringer a couple times.

1. Death plus Ooze
    2. Death plus Ooze that I got from a Glimmerroot
    3. Aldor from a Glimmerroot from an Un'goro pack into Potion of Madness to trade into his Ragnaros
    4. Shadow Visions Death
    5. Sunkeeper Tarim from Drakonid into a Shadow Madness I got from an Ivory Knight I got from another Drakonid
    6. Good old fashioned trading plus Dragonfire Potion

In the end we were both in fatigue and he had a board of Silverhand Murlocs against my empty board. My last card was a Bright Eyed Scout from the Un'goro pack. Free From Amber. Deathwing.

Un. Fucking. Real.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page