As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Unplugged pinny set.....Core 2.0? Weak Sauce?

vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
Looking at the Pax Unplugged pin offering (supposedly only available when you order badges), it looks like it's just the Core 2.0 set. I want to support the pin purchasing at Unplugged but damn if that doesn't feel like a rip off....what are the odds that this is just a place holder for a cooler, more Unplugged-focused, pin set?

• Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Looks to me it is intended to the first time PAX attendee who is interested in the concept of pins and pin trading. So that they can arrive on site, day one, with a lanyard and some pins already acquired. Without then having to get in a merch line and buy them.

They are selling them at normal price, but with the bonus of the event lanyard.

No problem with it.

• Options
    I mean...I guess. But any other pax event would have it's own event-specific set. What would stop Unplugged from meeting the same goals with a specific set? Pleasing newbs and oldies alike?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Unplugged is going to have its own pin set, this is just an add-on item for people to impulse buy when buying badges, especially now with the dice being sold out.

• Options
    Nathan SykesNathan Sykes Supreme Overlord United States of AmericaRegistered User regular
    I'm not one to talk, as I just ordered it and it's my first time ever getting Pinny Arcade pins, but to be honest, I just ordered it for the lanyard. I agree with @TheAggroCraig and @Spokane_SnowMan , I think this is like a starter kit for us noobs.

nIxRCVB.pngEiBnwpc.pngG3GewzS.png
  • Options
    If that's the case then it's kinda messed up that they would be advertising it as "Exclusive" and "Limited" merch (the actual words they used) to describe a set that's been out since 2015.

Ah I guess I'm just a bitter sucker who ordered one with my badge. Anyone looking for a Core 2.0 set?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Regardless the pins aren't bad to have, as you'll be able to trade them with staff 1:1 with any pin they have on their lanyards.