As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pals: After Dark FAQ and discussion thread

adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
edited March 2017 in Pinny Arcade
What the heck is Pinny Pals: After Dark? (PP:AD, or pee-pad if you roll like that)
We do a pin podcast, make parody songs, make baller community pins & events, and throw copious amounts of shade in Slack.

Where the heck did PP:AD come from?
In early 2016, newcomer @dontdowdit coined the term "Asshole Trifecta" to describe the dynamic between @hingo, @lazorz, and @adambarg. We immediately started kicking around the idea of an "Asshole Trifecta Podcast". This shortly morphed into "Pinny Pals: After Dark", who released their first podcast episode right before East 2016.

OK, but have you produced any content???

A little!

Podcast episode playlist

Parody song playlist

Margarita quest pin
Exclusivo pin
After Dark logo pin

Anything neat going on now?
- We are running a parody song contest from now through 5/1. Details here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37185969/#Comment_37185969

Any social media?
YouTube
Twitter
Email

I have an idea that I want y'all to produce / help me produce...
Find @adambarg or @hingo on Slack and we can talk. Or use the social medias.

ChMDm4Y.png
adambarg on

• Options
    Reserved

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    Pinny Pals After Dark: Mixtape Presents: Pinny Pals Got Talent Songwriting Contest

Have you ever wanted to express your feelings about Penny Arcade and Pinny Arcade in song form? Pinter got you singing the blues? Well you’re in luck, PPAD is hosting the first ever parody songwriting contest. Put your creativity to work and set it to the beat of a drum that someone else has already recorded!

The Rules:
    1. Songs may be submitted until May 1st 2017
    2. Please try to find an acceptable karaoke track for the song you wish to parody. Most suitable karaoke tracks are available on YouTube. If you need help determining if a track will work, just ask and we will help you determine if it’s viable.
    3. You only need to submit your parody lyrics, singing is not required. Please email them to pinnypalsafterdark@gmail.com
    4. You may enter as many songs as you would like.
    5. A panel of PPAD judges will select their favorite songs and share them with the community.

Why should I care about your dumb contest?
    This is a fun community event that gives everyone a chance to express themselves and share their creative work with the community. It’s also a chance to win FABULOUS PRIZES! We will be awarding prizes for the top 3 selected entries. Specific prizes TBD, but the first place winner will receive the community member created Exclusivo! pin.

FAQ
    Q: Do I need to sing the song?
    A: Nope, just write it! (there may be a vocal contest later for those out there with melodious talents, or at least the courage to record themselves)

Q: Where do I send my parody song lyrics?
    A: That email again is pinnypalsafterdark@gmail.com. Make sure to include your forum and slack name so we can attribute your submission to you.

Q: What should I make a parody song about?
    A: Anything you want, as long as it’s Pinny Pals or Penny Arcade related. Let your passion be your muse! For examples of previous parody songs from the community, check out the Pinny Pals After Dark Youtube channel. Don’t forget to like and subscribe while you’re there!

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Finally hammered out a FAQ, uploaded a bunch of back podcast episodes, and posted a new parody song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_X_ohhX9Q

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I thought I was subscribed but I was not so everyone should check that!

pls lik n subsrib

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bumping this one for the exposure - you have less than a week people!

• Options
    Contest closes at midnight PST! Get em in!

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    /subscribe

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    What contest? Was there a new ep I missed?

BUT I WAS SUBSRIB'D!?