As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] itself shall slumber on

19495969798100»

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    i'm in hydra, not a nazi

We must now fight.

I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not.

please end me

Actually on second thought we must not fight.

May your life be your punishment, fetid agent of Hydra.

But Cap, you're also an agent of Hydra now apparently!

I wish to be excluded from this narrative, one I never asked to be a part of.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, easy logistical access to Taiwan would be through China I'd imagine, and Amazon doesn't have 'good enough' market share there yet.

Nah, there's plenty of logistical options into Taiwan that don't involve going into China. I also would think Amazon would be getting on the Taiwanese market. I'm sure they have plans to at some point.
    They've definitely got job openings in Taipei, seems reasonable that they'd ship there too...

So I was really curious about this so I went to Amazon.com and put some pens in my cart and went to the checkout and Taiwan is totally on the drop-down countries list so

??

???????

as far as I can tell you can happily order from Amazon when you live in taiwan

I will be happy to check on this, but literally everyone I know has Amazon Prime, and literally all of them routinely have to send orders to the States and pick them up whenever they fly over for a visit.

So, if you're right, you're saving a lot of people a lot of pain in the ass!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm dumb

But I did stop messaging after the second double gimlet, so I'm learning

Geez

At least we talked for like an hour after that huge misread of the what are you doing Friday night question

She's also a anxious mess who's mostly an introvert

There's a lot of things that point to this being a cool friendship if she's not interested in dating

And that's actually fine too

(Haha make a shitty hurtful meme out of my life)

Can I buy a book about empathy without looking like a serial killer or stalker

How am I so bad at this

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Because you're overthinking everything when instead you should be making moves. Go make moves and stop thinking.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Never think. Remove your brain entirely. Donate it to science.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    the pen in this here B&B room shot apart and the insert has no ink, besides

we had an appetizer of chilaquile waffle fries that was ridiculous, and i had a blood orange IPA
    walked off most of that meal to hit up the Riverwalk
    i had *gaspimpossible* TOO MUCH gelato and groaned about with much vigor

goooooood vacation so far

e: oh also the train is just far enough away it reminds me of being at my granddad's, shit sleep notwithstanding

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, easy logistical access to Taiwan would be through China I'd imagine, and Amazon doesn't have 'good enough' market share there yet.

Nah, there's plenty of logistical options into Taiwan that don't involve going into China. I also would think Amazon would be getting on the Taiwanese market. I'm sure they have plans to at some point.
    They've definitely got job openings in Taipei, seems reasonable that they'd ship there too...

So I was really curious about this so I went to Amazon.com and put some pens in my cart and went to the checkout and Taiwan is totally on the drop-down countries list so

??

???????

as far as I can tell you can happily order from Amazon when you live in taiwan

I will be happy to check on this, but literally everyone I know has Amazon Prime, and literally all of them routinely have to send orders to the States and pick them up whenever they fly over for a visit.

So, if you're right, you're saving a lot of people a lot of pain in the ass!

I mean, if you want Prime shipping then yeah, you have to be in the states. Doesn't work internationally.

But if you don't mind paying for shipping you can just get stuff delivered wherever.
    In australia, ordering from the UK, the shipping and the VAT almost cancelled out, so it really wasn't very expensive as long as I bundled a few things together. Not sure how that would track to Taiwan though.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Because you're overthinking everything when instead you should be making moves. Go make moves and stop thinking.

Or, alternatively, only think in terms of 'this is what society dictates you do right now.'

I posted about this before, but I agreed to go on my first date before I realized I was being asked out. And then I was so panicked and flustered, I gave the guy my mom's phone number by mistake.

Then I was a total wreck on the actual date. I was on the verge of shutting down the whole night, not capable of complex thought.

So I completely understand anxiety about dating. I've been there. I get it.

But if you embrace stereotypes, there are some basic 'rules' generally accepted for starting a relationship in western society.

1. Tell the person you're interested in them.
    2. Ask to do a low stakes activity with them.
    3. Accept their response regardless of what it was.

You can follow those rules, and even if things go badly or you're awkward about the execution, there won't be serious consequences because you followed the rules.

I know that seems like an over simplification, but when you're anxious your functionality's reduced. So it's better to just robot your way through until you can relax. (This is literally how I got through my first date, despite having a panic attack the whole time. I just went 'the rule is you're supposed to get the guy talking about himself. Ask questions. Smile. Let him get in your personal space, that's his job right now.' That kind of thing.)

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I over think even making the moves at one time
    I even played out the various conversations both good and bad in my head

This was me years ago attempting to date

This discussion has been closed.