Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Guibs wrote: »
    At 25$ (but in canada, everything cost more), I think I will jump on Uncharted 4. Don't think it will be any cheaper anytime soon. All other games, will probably be cheaper by the time I get around at playing them.
    Next month, on PS Plus: "Free Uncharted 4!!!" :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Guibs wrote: »
    At 25$ (but in canada, everything cost more), I think I will jump on Uncharted 4. Don't think it will be any cheaper anytime soon. All other games, will probably be cheaper by the time I get around at playing them.
    Next month, on PS Plus: "Free Uncharted 4!!!" :D
    Hell, they might announce that at E3.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    god i wish

90_large.jpg?v=1474350196

My PSN name is in my profile

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    First Days of Play deals are up in EU, reddit reports that they are severely underwhelming, i.e. "Up to 50% Off" on stuff that has been on sale for more than that recently.

30% off PS+ is a pretty fantastic deal, especially since subs rarely seem to go on sale in most PAL countries. I'm very tempted to pick up another year or two.

But yeah, the rest are eh. I have all the games I'm even somewhat interested in on my wishlist, so whenever a new sale goes up all I have to do is check it for new prices. Not a single one of them is part of this sale.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Looks like we can give up hope on daily deals now.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Looks like we can give up hope on daily deals now.

True. What a bummer. I can't find it now on the PS Blog, but I thought it was heavily implied that we would see multiple deals rolling out over the course of the week. Maybe it was the way it was reported in the media? Oh well. Hope some people enjoyed the AAA deals.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    The PSN sale on Plus has me interested in a years subscription... But I wonder if that purchase would also count towards the "Spend 100$" promotion.

It seems to imply the 100 covers anything spent from your PSN wallet. Is that sort of a catch all term used when referring to your purchases through PSN, gift cards, credit cards or otherwise?

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Witchsight wrote: »
    The PSN sale on Plus has me interested in a years subscription... But I wonder if that purchase would also count towards the "Spend 100$" promotion.

It seems to imply the 100 covers anything spent from your PSN wallet. Is that sort of a catch all term used when referring to your purchases through PSN, gift cards, credit cards or otherwise?

That's correct. Every purchase from the PSN Store involves the PSN Wallet, which has a limit of $125 US; as such, if you were to purchase a year's subscription through the store during this sale period, it would count towards the promotion.

That's even something they explicitly state in their blog post about the sale, as they wanted folks approaching renewal that they need to turn off auto-renew in order to take advantage of the sale.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Very underwhelmed and disappointed in Sony's conference last night. Very little big surprises or exciting stuff. It was all basically stuff they talked about last year. I guess SotC Remake is as big as a surprise as they could do, but I don't think it was quite the bombshell they were expecting it to be. Days Gone seems interesting, and GoW and Spiderman look incredible but nothing really "E3 Wow!" worthy. We already knew of their existences so there was no surprises there. Almost nothing had release dates either, but at least we got "early 2018" for God of War.

I feel like Sony's been in this mindset of "Man, we've done so well! We are the champions!" and haven't really been trying that hard lately. They took off like a rocket with PS4, and just seem to be resting on their laurels. Meanwhile, Microsoft is constantly cranking out improvements and exciting stuff (though, their conference wasn't great either, but definitely better than Sony). Sony's just sitting there like "I dunno, here's some stuff we already showed you. You'll probably buy it whatever."

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed and disappointed in Sony's conference last night. Very little big surprises or exciting stuff. It was all basically stuff they talked about last year. I guess SotC Remake is as big as a surprise as they could do, but I don't think it was quite the bombshell they were expecting it to be. Days Gone seems interesting, and GoW and Spiderman look incredible but nothing really "E3 Wow!" worthy. We already knew of their existences so there was no surprises there. Almost nothing had release dates either, but at least we got "early 2018" for God of War.

I feel like Sony's been in this mindset of "Man, we've done so well! We are the champions!" and haven't really been trying that hard lately. They took off like a rocket with PS4, and just seem to be resting on their laurels. Meanwhile, Microsoft is constantly cranking out improvements and exciting stuff (though, their conference wasn't great either, but definitely better than Sony). Sony's just sitting there like "I dunno, here's some stuff we already showed you. You'll probably buy it whatever."

I have to disagree with you. This year's E3 from Sony is a side effect from last year. To amp up the PS4 pro hype last year, they showed a bunch of 2018 to 2019 titles in 2016. That leaves the shelves empty for new titles to reveal this year. Next year should be back to normal for them.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'm super down for Monster Hunter and a bunch of the other titles that are multiplatform.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Ugh I didn't realize that even though it says "Life is Strange" is free for PS+ it's only the first chapter. Unless I'm missing something... I finished Chapter 1 and it says "Download Chapter 2!" but when I click on it nothing shows up.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    There's a Marvel vs Capcom Infinite demo up on PSN for anyone who's interested.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ugh I didn't realize that even though it says "Life is Strange" is free for PS+ it's only the first chapter. Unless I'm missing something... I finished Chapter 1 and it says "Download Chapter 2!" but when I click on it nothing shows up.

Did you download it through the store on your PS4? If you look at store.playstation.com it shows the "Life is Strange Complete Season" when you click on Games -> PlayStation Plus => Free Games

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Did you download it through the store on your PS4? If you look at store.playstation.com it shows the "Life is Strange Complete Season" when you click on Games -> PlayStation Plus => Free Games

Downloaded it from my PS4 from the store. I'll check out the site and see if it'll fill in the rest of the episodes. I would have assumed that it would have downloaded them all when I 'purchased' it from the store.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    No, you "purchase" them separately from the download. I'd be willing to bet that if you click on the Download Now button, it'll do just that, download the already purchased second chapter.

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    No, you "purchase" them separately from the download. I'd be willing to bet that if you click on the Download Now button, it'll do just that, download the already purchased second chapter.

Ah I tried it last night but it didn't load up the store. I was doing it right at 9pm ET though so it could have been when they were updating the store for the games they were announcing at the convention.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Ah I tried it last night but it didn't load up the store. I was doing it right at 9pm ET though so it could have been when they were updating the store for the games they were announcing at the convention.

Once you download the first episode. If you go in the DLC portion, you will see the remaining 4 episode and they all have a cost of "free". So as long as you download them this month (or add them to your cart) you will be ok.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    The first chapter has been free on every platform for a long while now. It's the season pass that's free with PS+.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Store update:

Bit of a quiet week, the new FF14 expansion is probably the most significant release this week and even that's early access.
    12th June
    Superbeat: Xonic Ex

Styx: Shards of Darkness (demo)

13th June
    Crossout – Starter Bundle

14th June
    Digerati Bundle 4 Pack Part 4

Iron Sea Defenders

Royal Defense Complete Edition

15th June
    MotoGP 17

Tour de France 2017

Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic

16th June
    Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood – Early Access
    Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood – Collector’s Edition – Early Access

God Wars Future Past (PS4, Vita) (Not available in Saudi Arabia – AU/NZ releasing 23/06)

PS4 DLC
    12th June
    World of Tanks - Glory IS-5 Loaded, Honor T-28E Ultimate

13th June
    Injustice 2 - Red Hood (Only available to Season Pass holders until 20/06)

Let It Die - Mushroom Club Pack 1, Mushroom Club Pack 2 (Only available until 16/06 – Not available in Middle East)

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix - Theater, Additional Scene

14th June
    Flatout 4 - The Docks and Roll Pack (Flatout 4)

15th June
    MotoGP17 - Credits Multiplier

16th June
    Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 - Hot Summer Nights Upgrade (Not available in Ukraine)

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    In case folks haven't seen it yet, there's a Best of E3's Past sale that went up today (in the US). By and large it's rife with the titles we've come to expect from these sales, like Witcher 3 Complete and Titanfall 2, but I know there had been some people that were curious about Destiny as a single-player title and Destiny 1 Complete is up there for $30.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    So I spent $50 on a year of plus. Now I'm all incentivized to spend another $50 to fulfill the promotion. Time to look at sales!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Just a heads up.

Horizon's expansion is in the store. Looks like it's normally $20, but currently on sale for $15. No release date yet.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    In case folks haven't seen it yet, there's a Best of E3's Past sale that went up today (in the US). By and large it's rife with the titles we've come to expect from these sales, like Witcher 3 Complete and Titanfall 2, but I know there had been some people that were curious about Destiny as a single-player title and Destiny 1 Complete is up there for $30.

I got Oxenfree for $6. I've been wanting to get that for awhile.

Also Wolfenstein TNO for $10! GO GET ALDO RAINE HIS NAZI SCALPS BEFORE COMING BACK TO AMERICA TO TAKE MORE.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy is way cheap too. For those gunshy after the last few Telltale games people really like this one.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Just a heads up.

Horizon's expansion is in the store. Looks like it's normally $20, but currently on sale for $15. No release date yet.

And there's $15 spent - thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Looking at the deals I am thinking about getting dying light enhanced edition but was curious what the final verdict on it was. I actually enjoyed both dead island games which I think puts me in the minority anyways but it looks fun. I know about the bugs and will backup my saves accordingly.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hmm could grab another year plus the Horizon DLC but having trouble figuring out what to spend the last ~$35 dollars on. Already own a lot of the games on PC I'm interested in and the very few I am interested in aren't on that deep of a sale.

May just pick up the Horizon DLC and call it good from there.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I thought Sony's conference was disappointing too but not at all because of the games or lack of bombshells. I thought the games they had were fantastic, they just did a poor job planning and pacing everything out. The Horizon expansion should've been treated as a far bigger deal than it was, just compare its announcement to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at PSX. Lumping all the VR games into one segment was a bad idea, especially when two of those were pretty underwhelming (Skyrim VR and FFXV Fishing). God of War would've been a much better closing game than Spider-Man (which looked fantastic but too QTE heavy to really blow me away). And so on. And given the length, I don't understand why they relegated GT Sport, Ni no Kuni 2, Hidden Agenda, Matterfall, Undertale and Superhot VR to the pre-show. Hell, LocoRoco 2 Remastered didn't even make the pre-show.

I think you're being silly thinking they're resting back on their laurels though, especially compared to Microsoft, whose first party lineup has been significantly downsized over the last few years. Sony announced 6 first party games (Shadow of the Colossus, Hidden Agenda, Inpatient, That's You, Bravo Team and LocoRoco 2 Remastered), showed most of their current lineup (except for Death Stranding, Dreams, WiLD and TLOU Part 2) and have a bunch of studios in the wings who'll inevitably announce new games (Sucker Punch, Japan Studio, Pixelopus, Manchester Studio and London Studio). I don't understand how you could possibly say they're resting on their laurels, this year was obviously just an off-year, where they didn't have any major new games ready to announce.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess there was a meeting this last January between Sony and the Tokyo Jungle devs about the best game ever made, Tokyo Jungle.

<3<3<3

I'm finishing up my PS3 backlog now, and that's one of the last seven games before I box up the console for the closet. I'm looking forward to some post apocalyptic Pomeranian action.

I hopped back in last night and went back to my animal unlocking spree. Got the Axis Deer, the Goat, the Boar (who rocks so hard omg) and two others I forget.

That game's story mode is on a whole other level. Also check out Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day. Same developer, twice the crazy.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess there was a meeting this last January between Sony and the Tokyo Jungle devs about the best game ever made, Tokyo Jungle.

<3<3<3

I'm finishing up my PS3 backlog now, and that's one of the last seven games before I box up the console for the closet. I'm looking forward to some post apocalyptic Pomeranian action.

I hopped back in last night and went back to my animal unlocking spree. Got the Axis Deer, the Goat, the Boar (who rocks so hard omg) and two others I forget.

That game's story mode is on a whole other level. Also check out Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day. Same developer, twice the crazy.

the story mode is unbearably dumb. anime stereotype after anime stereotype except animals. i can't fucking stand that thing and every time i unlock enough that means i have to go back to it i drop the game for another year

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Looking at the deals I am thinking about getting dying light enhanced edition but was curious what the final verdict on it was. I actually enjoyed both dead island games which I think puts me in the minority anyways but it looks fun. I know about the bugs and will backup my saves accordingly.

I loved Dying Light, but never picked up the expansion stuff. I had minor bugs, but nothing that killed the game for me. It's worth it at that price I think. I still need the "do 5 quests with the same 4 people online" trophy for the plat :/

There are actually a ton of good deals in the E3 sale, a lot better than the Days of Play.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »

I loved Dying Light, but never picked up the expansion stuff. I had minor bugs, but nothing that killed the game for me. It's worth it at that price I think. I still need the "do 5 quests with the same 4 people online" trophy for the plat :/

There are actually a ton of good deals in the E3 sale, a lot better than the Days of Play.

yeah base game was fun, story was butts, expansion was ass.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Well it is the complete edition on sale with the expansion. I guess I will pick it up though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Well it is the complete edition on sale with the expansion. I guess I will pick it up though.

the expansion is self contained. you never have to interact with it at all if you don;t want

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO

<3<3<3

the story mode is unbearably dumb. anime stereotype after anime stereotype except animals. i can't fucking stand that thing and every time i unlock enough that means i have to go back to it i drop the game for another year

The hyena uprising was incredible.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Has anyone heard anything about a new .hack game? I saw something on facebook but I cannot find it anymore.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about a new .hack game? I saw something on facebook but I cannot find it anymore.

They're doing an HD port of the GU trilogy to PS4 and PC, if that's what you're thinking about.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

They're doing an HD port of the GU trilogy to PS4 and PC, if that's what you're thinking about.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-hack-g-u-trilogy-is-getting-remastered-for-ps4-and-pc-442614.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah, this got me more hyped than anything else during the week of E3, if I'm gonna be honest. Shadow of the Colossus is great, but Last Guardian showed they were still interested. NfS: Payback was a natural progression with Criterion running the franchise. But .hack being brought back? That's like Suikoden coming back, some series that hasn't seen the light of day for a decade on consoles, that the publisher felt zero interest in doing anything with other than mobile bullshit.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Looks like that is it.

Weird, I was just considering if it was bothering by the first 4 game series of .hack games.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.