As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior/BATTLETECH] THREAD DESIGNATED FOR DISASSEMBLY, SEE NEW THREAD

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Did they say anything about dialogue with the techs/controllers at least? That would be an acceptable implementation. Your pilots would be plug and play while your real relationships would be with the people stuck on the ship fixin' all your shit.

yeah, it sounds like your ship crew are the supporting characters of the game, although I don't know how in-depth that element will be

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I don't kickstart but I always pre order the shadow run and I guess now the battletech games .

All HBS has to do to get me to back one of their videogames is for me to be aware they've got a Kickstarter for it going. I actually enjoyed Dragonfall more than Hong Kong, but that by no means equates to not being able to see where the studio is improving.

Plus their writing is always their strongest point and it's just way too damn hard to find RPGs with more actual story than grinding these days, so anything they make goes up to the top of my list for that reason as well.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I don't kickstart but I always pre order the shadow run and I guess now the battletech games .

All HBS has to do to get me to back one of their videogames is for me to be aware they've got a Kickstarter for it going. I actually enjoyed Dragonfall more than Hong Kong, but that by no means equates to not being able to see where the studio is improving.

Plus their writing is always their strongest point and it's just way too damn hard to find RPGs with more actual story than grinding these days, so anything they make goes up to the top of my list for that reason as well.

I've only ever played hong kong, which as the last game they did in the series will have the most polish and smoothest gameplay..so I are scurred of going back and playing the previous ones.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I've only ever played hong kong, which as the last game they did in the series will have the most polish and smoothest gameplay..so I are scurred of going back and playing the previous ones.

They backported many of the gameplay improvements with the deluxe editions, actually! The previous parts are great.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Personally I'd love a game where you play a low-ranking member of the Wolf's Dragoons and work your way up through the ranks over the course​ of their history in the IS.

Check out Sokolov over here

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    In today's BATTLETECH in the Morning, I continue to futz around with game files.

Warning: Large Pink 'Mechs Ahead.

https://youtu.be/srgxOTKte_4

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    @Nips I don't know from Reserving, but if you Brace, it will make you Guarded and Entrenched, and being Entrenched removes have your stability damage.

The Bulwark skill gives you Guarded when you don't move. Nothing gives you Entrenched except for Bracing, which immediately ends that pilot's turn.

e: also Highlander burials are amazing and I'm looking forward to seeing the Highlander with an Angel of Death pilot.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Nips I don't know from Reserving, but if you Brace, it will make you Guarded and Entrenched, and being Entrenched removes have your stability damage.

The Bulwark skill gives you Guarded when you don't move. Nothing gives you Entrenched except for Bracing, which immediately ends that pilot's turn.

Yup, pretty much.
    STABILITY
    When ‘Mechs take damage, they can also take Stability Damage.
    Past a threshold of Stability Damage, ‘Mechs become UNSTEADY.
    UNSTEADY ’Mechs will fall and become PRONE if their yellow
    Stability Damage bar fills up.
    ● PRONE ‘Mechs are vulnerable to Called Shots​ (see p.9), and must spend part of their
    next move standing back up.
    ● UNSTEADY lasts until the next time the ‘Mech uses the Brace (End Turn) action.
    ● The best ways to deal Stability Damage are attacking with Missiles (LRMs and SRMs)
    and with Melee and Death From Above attacks.

The Master Tactician pilot skill also removes Unsteady if the 'Mech it's piloting is Reserved.

Frankly, it annoys me a little that I have to take measures to remove it. I'm fine with Unsteady, but I think it should also go away if the 'Mech doesn't suffer concentrated round-over-round attacks. The way it works now breaks verisimilitude for me.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Nips wrote: »

Yup, pretty much.
    STABILITY
    When ‘Mechs take damage, they can also take Stability Damage.
    Past a threshold of Stability Damage, ‘Mechs become UNSTEADY.
    UNSTEADY ’Mechs will fall and become PRONE if their yellow
    Stability Damage bar fills up.
    ● PRONE ‘Mechs are vulnerable to Called Shots​ (see p.9), and must spend part of their
    next move standing back up.
    ● UNSTEADY lasts until the next time the ‘Mech uses the Brace (End Turn) action.
    ● The best ways to deal Stability Damage are attacking with Missiles (LRMs and SRMs)
    and with Melee and Death From Above attacks.

The Master Tactician pilot skill also removes Unsteady if the 'Mech it's piloting is Reserved.

Frankly, it annoys me a little that I have to take measures to remove it. I'm fine with Unsteady, but I think it should also go away if the 'Mech doesn't suffer concentrated round-over-round attacks. The way it works now breaks verisimilitude for me.

Yeah that seems like it should wear off if you go a round without taking any significant stability damage. Or maybe something like:
    for every n piloting skill points below max, you need another round without taking stability damage to steady your mech.
    So that low skill pilots need 3-4 rounds, mediocre pilots only 2-3, and really good pilots only need 1.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I certainly feel like if you don't fire any Autocannons, and you don't receive any Stability-damage in a round, you should slightly reduce your Stability damage. Like...at least a little! And moving at all should also reduce it some.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The silly thing about Unsteady is that it happens from just getting shot, which happens to mechs all the time and the hits are coming from little tiny weapons in comparison to any mech, but walking up to somebody, dropping a shoulder, and giving them a full-bodied backhand is perfectly stable with no repercussions.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Actually apparently all melee and DFA does stability damage. I think the thing is that ACs do large chunk damage and missiles cover the target in hits, which shakes things up. I don't mind stability damage in either case, but I'd like it more if it's was more of a see-saw type thing, always going up and down as you get shot and move around and fire back and get punched and etc.

Tox on
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Well, I loaded up the game for the first time in a few months. Powerleveled my Victor up, not sure I needed the Mobility Tree at all. Its not exactly a DPS powerhouse, but gets the job done, massive SRM6+A spray or not. Weapon Tree doesn't help much with jams either.

VTR-9S(C)

jl3djmj16ta2.jpg

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Myself and @WolveSight are on a lot of evenings. Make sure you check to see if we're on for groups!

So my current loadout on my Timberwolf/Madcat is 3x C-ER LL and 5x C-SML PLS. It's actually been working really well. I've heard people not favoring the C-LL because of heat/damage ratio or something. But with only being 1 slot and the weight I was able to cram in a good amount more heat sinks. I also gave up on running SRMs because I just never used them as much as I always thought I would.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Myself and @WolveSight are on a lot of evenings. Make sure you check to see if we're on for groups!

So my current loadout on my Timberwolf/Madcat is 3x C-ER LL and 5x C-SML PLS. It's actually been working really well. I've heard people not favoring the C-LL because of heat/damage ratio or something. But with only being 1 slot and the weight I was able to cram in a good amount more heat sinks. I also gave up on running SRMs because I just never used them as much as I always thought I would.

The reason wasn't that it was hot/damage ratio but the burn time to allow it to do all the damage. That is why most people run CERML to lower the exposure time and most of the time that range is good enough for most matches.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »

The reason wasn't that it was hot/damage ratio but the burn time to allow it to do all the damage. That is why most people run CERML to lower the exposure time and most of the time that range is good enough for most matches.

Ah. That makes sense. I've been running the 3LL in my shoulder-pod so it I've been able to chain-fire pretty reliably with not a ton of exposure.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    In today's episode of BATTLETECH in the Morning, I set fire to everything. Everything.

https://youtu.be/GTX-01D_cuA

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Only everything? Why stop there? Where's your drive?

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

This actually brings up a good point. I know this is the Beta and therefore incomplete, but boy oh boy do I hope I can light forests on fire in the full game.

Scorched earth for days, son.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

This actually brings up a good point. I know this is the Beta and therefore incomplete, but boy oh boy do I hope I can light forests on fire in the full game.

forest fires are apparently on the list of things that they want to do and have plans to do but will probably not be in at launch, like co-op multiplayer

• Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    Nips, really enjoyed that video. I noticed the hunchback seemed to stay on fire visually. At first I thought it was just a visual effect, maybe it supposed to be a temporary thing that just got stuck on. But the the urbanmechs were both on fire briefly, but the surface flames appeared to burn out. Any chance that you proc'ed some sort of ongoing burn effect on the hunchback, and that contributed to its permanent heat buildup?

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

forest fires are apparently on the list of things that they want to do and have plans to do but will probably not be in at launch, like co-op multiplayer

Think of poor Smokey. Then all of his woodland friends without homes...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

If they really wanted to protect their forests, they'd have battlemechs of their own.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I can't remember if this played during the relevant mission, but when I think of Battletech fights in blazing infernos, I think of that early Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries mission in the city on fire, and this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4tiHGMZu0U

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Octavian wrote: »
    Nips, really enjoyed that video. I noticed the hunchback seemed to stay on fire visually. At first I thought it was just a visual effect, maybe it supposed to be a temporary thing that just got stuck on. But the the urbanmechs were both on fire briefly, but the surface flames appeared to burn out. Any chance that you proc'ed some sort of ongoing burn effect on the hunchback, and that contributed to its permanent heat buildup?

That's what overheated mechs look like, glowing red hot. The visual disappears as soon as you cool off. The Urbanmechs were able to restart and reduce heat from 100%. It does seem like the overheat status is bugged and so much heat had been applied to the Kintaro and Hunchback they were shutting down two or three times in a row. They didn't have enough heat sinks to recover, so they stayed in the overheated animation.

Being able to stand up while you are shut down is also a pretty awesome bug. If they don't nerf flamers before release, that'll be the way to capture mechs early, shut them down and take called shots against their head until you kill the pilot.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

If they really wanted to protect their forests, they'd have battlemechs of their own.

Great, I now imagine Smokey piloting a Kodiak.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Hey does anyone have a good eras timeline graphic? Or better, a progression of galaxy maps?

I've never really had a good handle on when/where the Word of Blake stuff happened.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Word of Blake's Jihad was after Civil War, it was around the 3070s? I think?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Hey does anyone have a good eras timeline graphic? Or better, a progression of galaxy maps?

I've never really had a good handle on when/where the Word of Blake stuff happened.

If you're at all familiar with the "Chaos March" area around Terra that was briefly the connecting part of the Federated Commonwealth; that was pretty much it. I mean, during the Jihad proper they were suddenly everywhere, but prior to that they had a large presence in the Free Worlds League, and managed to use a large force of mercenaries to take Terra and start trying to consolidate a hold in the March. The Fed Com had effectively lost control of the region in the wake of Operation Guerrero (The FWL and CapCon retaliatory campaign during Victor Steiner-Davion's early reign to reclaim their Fourth Succession War losses and avenge Joshua Marik's death while he was in the care of the New Avalon Institute of Science's medical school, or more specifically rebuke the FC for the Fed Suns' Ministry of Information & Intelligence Operations attempt to buy time in their leukemia-treatment-for-war materials agreement by using a body double to cover up his death) and Katherine Steiner leading the Lyran half of the FC into seceding to form the Lyran Alliance, all of which happened around the mid-3050's. WoB's influence in the March steadily increased (despite concerted efforts by the Wolf's Dragoons) from mid-late 3050's up till the Jihad, which lasted from the late 3060's into the early 3070's.

Sarna.net's maps of the Inner Sphere (scroll down to images at bottom of page) do a pretty good job of showing where borders changed. Dunno about their timelines though.

Edit: Well, they used to have a whole bunch of more detailed maps in that article, but the current ones are good enough for showing the progression of the big players, and the specific stuff you're asking about.

Edit 2: Oh, and in case you didn't know; Word of Blake was founded by members of Comstar at the tail end of the Clan Invasion (3052, 3053, thereabouts), when then-Primus Myndo Waterly planned to initiate Operation Scorpion; an attempt by Comstar to backstab everyone and seize power in the wake of victory at Tukayyid, only for Precentor-Martial Anastasius Focht* to assassinate her and force the First Circuit (ruling council of Precentors who represent Comstar's operations in the 5 main successor states) to appoint Kuritan spy & Precentor-Deiron Sharilar Mori as Waterly's successor (knowing she'd back his efforts to reform Comstar into a benevolent secular organization). Many refused to go along with it, and fled to the Free Worlds League were Precentor-Atreus Demona Aziz helped organize them into a rival group which would maintain the religious idolatry and, secretly, the plans to try and conquer everything.

*Major spoilers
    Focht is, actually, Frederick Steiner, long-presumed dead cousin of Katrina Steiner. Katrina was a beloved figure among the Lyran Commonwealth who ruled from 3007, during the ending decades of the Third Succession War until just after the war of 3039, and married her daughter to Hanse Davion in 3028 (kicking off the Fourth Succession War at the wedding reception by announcing the Capellan Confederation as Hanse' gift to his young bride) to found the Federated Commonwealth. Frederick was a popular war hero who was manipulated by corrupt nobles to oppose Katrina's reign during the 4th SW, and was forced to accept a suicide mission into Draconis space to atone. But he survived, and was kept by Theodore Kurita as an intelligence asset for a time, before being entrusted to Comstar as part of the negotiations that netted the DC various assets to help stave off FedCom aggression in the oncoming war of 3039.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Molybdenum wrote: »

It doesn't go past the Third Succession War, but the graphic HBS put up on its Kickstarter for the timeline is really good.

BATTLETECH-TIMELINE.jpg

Nips on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    While I'm rambling on, here's another big Word of Blake spoiler; if you're wondering about why the hell the Free Worlds League was so supportive of them...
    Captain General Thomas Marik was actually a body-double spy for the Blakist hardliners in Comstar and later the WoB. The real Thomas Marik had been quite removed from the line of succession, and had joined Comstar as a young man. Circumstances forced his father Janos Marik to recall him and name him heir, only for a botched assassination attempt in 3035 to kill Janos and badly maim Thomas. Unwilling to see the FWL collapse as the Blakists still needed it to check FedCom ambitions at the time, they couldn't allow a succession crisis. But since real-Thomas needed extensive cybernetics to survive and function, and the League had deep discrimination against such implants, they found an agent who, once given some plastic surgery and nasty facial burn scars, could pose as the Marik heir and restore order. Meanwhile, the real Thomas would go on to become the mastermind of the increasingly fanatical elements of Comstar, and the man behind the eventual Blakist Jihad. This is why the FWL disintegrated in the Jihad; fake-Thomas finally sided against the WoB for the sake of the League people, and they exposed him. With real-Thomas' only living child being the legitimized-bastard Isis, who was romantically linked to Victor Steiner-Davion by that point and therefor very much an enemy of WoB, there was no clear line of succession and the various siblings and other relatives each had their own faction of supporters.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    While I'm rambling on, here's another big Word of Blake spoiler; if you're wondering about why the hell the Free Worlds League was so supportive of them...
    Captain General Thomas Marik was actually a body-double spy for the Blakist hardliners in Comstar and later the WoB. The real Thomas Marik had been quite removed from the line of succession, and had joined Comstar as a young man. Circumstances forced his father Janos Marik to recall him and name him heir, only for a botched assassination attempt in 3035 to kill Janos and badly maim Thomas. Unwilling to see the FWL collapse as the Blakists still needed it to check FedCom ambitions at the time, they couldn't allow a succession crisis. But since real-Thomas needed extensive cybernetics to survive and function, and the League had deep discrimination against such implants, they found an agent who, once given some plastic surgery and nasty facial burn scars, could pose as the Marik heir and restore order. Meanwhile, the real Thomas would go on to become the mastermind of the increasingly fanatical elements of Comstar, and the man behind the eventual Blakist Jihad. This is why the FWL disintegrated in the Jihad; fake-Thomas finally sided against the WoB for the sake of the League people, and they exposed him. With real-Thomas' only living child being the legitimized-bastard Isis, who was romantically linked to Victor Steiner-Davion by that point and therefor very much an enemy of WoB, there was no clear line of succession and the various siblings and other relatives each had their own faction of supporters.

Did they ever do books about this stuff, or was it all left in their incredibly ill-advised time skip to Dark Age?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Sprout wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Did they ever do books about this stuff, or was it all left in their incredibly ill-advised time skip to Dark Age?

All of the Jihad era events were eventually thoroughly spelled out through sourcebooks. Someone else would have to speak to the novels.

The original time skip happened from the end of the Civil War, to the Blackout.

Nips on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It slowly played out in the background (and sometimes forground) of over a dozen paperback novels, as well as being further fleshed out in sourcebooks for "classic" Battletech about the Jihad era published by first FanPro (contemporary to WizKids' Mechwarrior Dark Age stuff) and then Catalyst.
    Like, Thomas Marik's taking the throne was part of the sourcebooks moving the timeline from the 3020's up through to the pre-invasion era, but at the time all we knew was the circumstances of his ascension and his being a former Comstar member. The pre-jihad WoB stuff played out in secondary plots across the novels of the 90's, as well as the reveal about fake-Thomas and why he was supporting WoB. At the time though, it seemed like real-Thomas probably died of injuries from the assassination attempt. The Jihad was introduced as backstory to Dark Age, but then FanPro picked up where the FedCom civil war left off and started actually making Jihad era materials. That the real Thomas Marik was both alive and the main man behind the Jihad, and not any of the WoB leaders we'd seen before it, like Aziz, was intended to be a big twist. But even during the Twilight of the Clans arc under FASA there were hints in the novels that someone fake-Thomas was scared of was cooking the FWL's books to help fund black ops for WoB, and things like that, so I believe the real-Thomas plot-twist already existed before Dark Age et al.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tried out a different config with a pair of Vindicators as light snipers backing up a heavier grouping of KTO+SHD. What a mediocre lance, stock Vindicators are garbage not worth their tonnage. Paying that much tonnage for what's realistically only a PPC+LRM5 is baaaaaad if they can't manage to scoot around and get back shots (and even then it's still sketch).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Don't even know why I tried to do the scouting event. That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the vindicator 1R is a fairly decent little energy boat, might start using it instead of the enforcer 4R since all its good quirks are going away

oh maybe you mean the battletech game though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    I figured out the trick to winning 5 scouting matches as Inner Sphere while solo q'ing. Whenever you come across another player that does good in a match where you pulled your weight (230ish damage or more) and it was a close game win or lose. Invite them to make a group. Then repeat until you start winning more.

Hoorah you did it!

But really the amount of sub 50 dmg potatoes is shocking. I was shocked. So yeah team with other good players to limit potential potato teammates = profit.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    the vindicator 1R is a fairly decent little energy boat, might start using it instead of the enforcer 4R since all its good quirks are going away

oh maybe you mean the battletech game though

Yeah, the Battletech game. :)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Finally ordered my new computer, will be getting here next week. Enthused for the Battletech game, but is MechWarrior still a thing or did I miss my chance to waste money?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
This discussion has been closed.