As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I learned a little about Nepal geography today.

https://youtu.be/8wlHyuc_1A0

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Probably not going to play this week because of all the fights over who gets to play with Doomfist

Gonna be fun playing 3v3 quickplay because of all the people leaving when they get beat to Doomfist

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Probably not going to play this week because of all the fights over who gets to play with Doomfist

Gonna be fun playing 3v3 quickplay because of all the people leaving when they get beat to Doomfist

I gave up on 3v3 when they take'd way the fun

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

It will happen in regular quick play too, should see ptr when a new char drops, almost never see a full team, a spot will be taken by people chain leaving for DF

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to do a No Limits match to try out Doomfist and then play a bunch of Zarya, since Doomfist is definitely someone who will benefit from some bubbles.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So I have been trying to claw my way back up to platinum all season, I've been above 2380 since like 2 games after placement but I'll have a run of wins up to 2480 then a run of losses back down. Very frustrating.

Anyway today I was the only gold on my team, with 4 plats and a diamond. Eichenwald against a team of all plats. Both teams with one two stack and the rest solos.

We're on attack, I pick tracer as I usually do on Eich A, I'm flanking from the start, splitting the defense, getting tanks off the choke peppering the backline, getting decent kills, but my team never meaningfully gets through the choke.

So I switch to Mei who is my main, I stick with my team, wall off their supports, slow and freeze their tanks hoping for a focus down. No dice.

So we're on defense and I stay Mei. Same as the above but focussing on the point because nobody else seems to be doing that. I'm killing their flankers and contesting almost the entire round but they still take it easily.

So I got gold elims, gold objective elims and gold objective time and the Diamond from my team sends me a PM on PlayStation that just says "you really suck"

So do I suck? I'm the first to tell you I'm not great, but he was playing Winston the entire round and never switched and was barely on their point. That doesn't seem great? Why would you specifically message the lowest ranked player in the WHOLE GAME to talk shit?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Why would you specifically message the lowest ranked player in the WHOLE GAME to talk shit?

I mean, I feel like the answer is in the question. He lost, surely it couldn't be his fault. Must be the fault of the lowest ranked player in the whole game, doesn't matter how they actually performed. If someone is the type of player to send a message like that in the first place, they would absolutely send it to the easiest scapegoat they can find.

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    If you got gold objective time there's a good chance he wasn't on it enough to see you do good things. Thats his fault if so, particularly as a tank

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    If you get gold on objective time I don't give a shit about anything else: MVP right there

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    potg now going to person standing on the objective doing nothing for 10 seconds

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    potg now going to person standing on the objective doing nothing for 10 seconds

I can't tell if this post is supposed to be sarcastic or not.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    what boring ass games do you play where you get a spare ten seconds to hang out on the objective?

Like is there a game mode where nobody has a weapon?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    what boring ass games do you play where you get a spare ten seconds to hang out on the objective?

It's more the times when you get a good team kill or close to team kill on a push, and everyone runs to spawn camp, and you just sorta stuck back there on the payload, but at least now there's dance emotes.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm watching Australia vs Japan

Aetar's Genji is pretty gat dang good

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    also gosh they need to hire real directors to run the spectator camera or something, jesus

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    also gosh they need to hire real directors to run the spectator camera or something, jesus

For now, I'm just grateful that Blizzard is finally figuring out that there might be a future in this eSports thing.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

It's more the times when you get a good team kill or close to team kill on a push, and everyone runs to spawn camp, and you just sorta stuck back there on the payload, but at least now there's dance emotes.

I've been the only person pushing the cart as Pharah before, which is heartbreaking on so many levels for me.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    My favorite loss involved everyone else running off the payload, I guess assuming I would continue to mind it, yet not having noticed I had died. Maybe not that bad usually except we were on attack, in overtime, and about a cart-length away from the checkpoint. Laughed for a minute about that one, watching it happen in third person. :)

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    got matched up with a drunk Hanzo player who kept shouting SAKE after anyone made a good play and now we're bffs

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    ameybes wrote: »
    My favorite loss involved everyone else running off the payload, I guess assuming I would continue to mind it, yet not having noticed I had died. Maybe not that bad usually except we were on attack, in overtime, and about a cart-length away from the checkpoint. Laughed for a minute about that one, watching it happen in third person. :)

I have gotten Real Good at wall riding all over the cart, because Lucio is apparently supposed to be his own tank.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i think my favorite victory (that i watched my roommate get) was attacking on anubis, all the defenders were either respawning or scattered about, skirmishing near the choke, save for a bastion set up on the stones by the right spawn

my roommate, as reaper, saunters up through the left path and starts plinking away harmlessly at the bastion, who never once turns to face him or get on the point as he just stands there and caps it

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    My latest pet peeve

is on KOTH maps when snipers stand right at the edge of the point trying to shoot people while time ticks down to zero and they never make a move to force the overtime.

Just get on the point. If you die, it doesn't really matter because you've just given your team enough time to get from spawn to the point to challenge.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    My favorite game that I've ever played was on Lijiang as Lucio. We're down 2-0 on Control Center and the other team has it at 99%. I spawn and everyone else dies. I boost to the point as they're capping and jump onto the center spire and just start spinning around it and going over the top. My ult hits 100 and I'm still spinning on the spire. In probably stalling for a solid 10-15 seconds but it feels like an eternity. Then out of the corner of my screen I see my team arrive. Sound Barrier, we win the fight and the round and go on to win the next two rounds for the most clutch victory I've been a part of.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The one I remember was us getting so thoroughly pounded on Anubis B that they were on the front steps shooting at our spawn. After a very confusing fight I somehow ended up under the bridge by the point as Winston, so I grabbed the health pack, leaped up and solocapped the point as they were juuuuuuust a bit too slow to catch on to contest.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    They should make you take a four week class in Team balance. When you buy the game, Genjis show up at your house and take you to a farm where they teach you the importance of paying attention to comp and how to make solid counter picks.

And Hanzo mains are immediately drug into a ditch out back and shot.

sarukun on
  • Options
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Possible trash panda buffs:
    Some dude's idea:
    Junkrat:
    ###### Concussion Mine
    , damage reduced to 90
    ###### Junkrat Trap
    , increase damage to 110
    ###### Concussion mine
    , reduce cooldown to 4 seconds
    **###### Results
    Trap+Mine = 200 damage
    Grenade+Mine = 210 damage
    Trap is way more deadly.
    Can't spam 2 mines and kill 200HP. For balance reasons.
    Grenade + Mine is a much more frequent and consistent combo
    Junkrat's survivability and mobility goes way up because he can use a ConcMine every 4 seconds to engage/retreat.
    blue post:
    This is pretty close to what we're trying with him, and what will likely be on the PTR when it comes back up. Currently on our internal builds Junkrat has 2 charges of his Concussion Mine. This allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff like launch yourself into a fight and still have a charge to escape with, or launch yourself up into a Pharah and still have a charge to try and kill her with. Previously this was possible before but you had to plant one on the ground and then wait for the cooldown to come back before doing this. That is still possible, which allows for a triple jump now if you want/need that, but now it is a lot more reliable to do with 2. It has been a ton of fun to play with so far.
    We're also looking at making his ult a bit better. We're experimenting with a movement speed increase or a health increase on the tire. We wouldn't do both things but in either case it should be more reliable to use in more situations.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh man a 4 second cooldown on conc mine would be fantastic

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

It will happen in regular quick play too, should see ptr when a new char drops, almost never see a full team, a spot will be taken by people chain leaving for DF

I meant all quickplay will be 3v3, since people will leave as soon as they don't get DF.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    as long as the conc mine damage is appropriately reduced This Is Fine

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'd rather take a tire speed increase over health, i like being able to play sportsball with junkrat tires as reinhardt

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    conc mine does slightly less damage, except against tracer in which it deals 2000% bonus damage

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    make conc mine deal no damage, but give it a shorter cooldown and the same properties as pharah's conc blast

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    make it do a dva ult explosion every second it's in the game

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    summer skins reveal when

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    summer skins reveal when

A year ago?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the new ones you charlatan!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    c'mon blizz i need zenyatta in a dobok

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I guess we'll probably see a mostly epics and 3 or 4 Legendaries with variants, for heroes didn't get anything last time around.

This is the start of me trying to get back all the skins I have on PS4. I need D.Va's and McCree's from last year, and I'd really like one of Zarya's. I'd like Lucio's Brasilian football one and Genji's skin, though I could do without them as I have their Anniversary skins. I can't wait to see what else we get.

I have like 6k credits, and hopefully the new boxes will be kinder.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I guess we'll probably see a mostly epics and 3 or 4 Legendaries with variants, for heroes didn't get anything last time around.

This is the start of me trying to get back all the skins I have on PS4. I need D.Va's and McCree's from last year, and I'd really like one of Zarya's. I'd like Lucio's Brasilian football one and Genji's skin, though I could do without them as I have their Anniversary skins. I can't wait to see what else we get.

I have like 6k credits, and hopefully the new boxes will be kinder.

Blizzard: Ok, a new Tracer Legendary, just like Ashcroft wanted

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.