As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Mouse in the house

13»

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    august wrote: »
    The fuck's a jibe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jibe

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    well the saying "the cut of your jibe" means that you like a person's style or manner

you know, one of those crazy expressions that really don't mean anything to the fucking retarded or possibly foreign

you have two options to define yourself with, and i certainly hope it's the latter

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    well the saying "the cut of your jibe" means that you like a person's style or manner

you know, one of those crazy expressions that really don't mean anything to the fucking retarded or possibly foreign

you have two options to define yourself with, and i certainly hope it's the latter

Isn't it jib?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »

Isn't it jib?

jib jibe it's all the same i've seen spelled different ways

but the point is that i've never seen someone question that little bit of phrase so uh yeah i'm a little confused myself

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jib is the thing that people like the cut of:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jib

Jibe is what we do when we agree on shit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jibe

EDIT: And also they are pronounced differently.

august on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    nah dawg it's cool

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    he's doing you a favor

people look so silly when they mispronounce things in public

redhead on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    nah dawg it's cool

Yeah, it's cool that I'm right and you're wrong.

I'm throwing a party and you're not invited.

Although I may call you if no one else shows up.

august on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    august wrote: »
    nah dawg it's cool

Yeah, it's cool that I'm right and you're wrong.

I'm throwing a party and you're not invited.

Although I may call you if no one else shows up.

nah dude i was wrong i can accept that

you can have your party and all that

but i am more book learned now so hey that's a good thing

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My friend Justin used to hunt mice in the old barn on his property. Blowguns, bb guns, paintball guns, firecrackers, a can of spray paint and lighter....

Mice aren't part of the Geneva Convention.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    200px-Mousehunt.PNG

Such a classy movie

Bloods End on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I once had mice living in my car. When I would listen to music really loud they would come out. They were very specific about the music they would come out to though. Only worked with Coal Chamber and Devildriver. I left traps out but they wouldn't touch the traps. Anyway one day I'd had enough of them. So one comes out (at this point in time I still think there's only one in the car) right as I'm pulling in to the gas station. I go crazy chasing it throughout the car. But don't catch it.

Then as I'm driving home the fucker has the balls to come out and sit right in the middle of the passanger floormat. So I slowly pull over and roll the window down. I try and grab the mouse but miss. But I'm a patient man, and I know this mouse is ballsy. I wait and the mouse comes back out. This time I successfully grab the mouse chuck him out the window and peel out.

I'm feeling very good about myself, I just got rid of my mouse problem. Then I'm on the road to my house and another mouse comes out. So I pull over and grab the mouse and out the window he goes.

So I pull in to my driveway and park. I am certain that all of the mice are gone now. I look over at the passenger floor mat and... there's another fucking mouse. So I see my dog walking towards my car. I call her over. I then quickly grab the mouse (I'v got the motion down by this point) and throw the mouse right at my dog. Dogs sniffs it and follows it, until the mouse goes under my car. Then the dog just looks at me wagging its tail.

So I go and get my other dog which isn't a complete idiot. Bring her over and point out where the mouse went. Dog immediately finds the mouse and makes quick work of it. I haven't had mouse problems since.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    candanaviancandanavian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If you catch a mouse live you should put him in the freezer

not exactly quick but humane--hypothermia death is delightful

candanavian on
    firamedferris5.jpgfavicon.ico favicon.ico favicon.ico
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What about injecting his heart with some heroine?

Or air?

Wait...

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

That's exactly where I want a disease ridden rat-- near my food.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If it hasn't been said already get those traps are a pip with a bend in them.

It is like a 120 degree or 150 degree angle looking thing.

I will try and draw it with text because I'm lazy.

__/. /
    ___/

Kind of like this shape but the second section is less steep. You put food in the raised part and prop the front door up, mouse walks in walks up a very slightly inclined thing to get food, it tips it over so that the other end is raised, and the door drops. It won't hurt him and you can put it out in the yard or where ever.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We used to live near a wheat field so we would have mice show up every winter.

We used a snap trap and baited it by sticking a raisin to the bottom of the tab and put peanut butter on the top of the tab.

Those snap traps don't always kill them right away.

Nothing will wake you up in the morning like picking up a trap and finding that little sucker bent in half still alive and kicking.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I once found a dead mouse in an empty Dave's Lemonade bottle. Seems the little bugger was enticed by the smell of disgusting sugar-water, got trapped in there and couldn't get out. It was very effective.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    when we moved out of our last apartment, i forgot to take the mouse traps with me

i hope nobody found them the hard way

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I had mice in my senior year apartment. We saw one every once in a while, especially in the kitchen. My roomie saw one, panicked, and chucked a big bottle of laundry detergent across the room, and the bottle exploded all over. I was designated mice thrower-outer once we laid out the sticky traps. I threw them in the dumpster across the street, still attached to the trap. I was cleaning at the end of the year, and found a bag full of candy full of holes and half eaten. I hate mice.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Did someone already suggest a tom style mouse trap?

M.D. on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

snap it's neck if you want it dead

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I found a dead mouse once and chased my brother with it. I've never seen him run so fast in his life.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time
  • Options
    Wedge BiggsWedge Biggs Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We used to live near a wheat field so we would have mice show up every winter.

We used a snap trap and baited it by sticking a raisin to the bottom of the tab and put peanut butter on the top of the tab.

Those snap traps don't always kill them right away.

Nothing will turn me on like picking up a trap and finding that little sucker bent in half still alive and kicking.

Wedge Biggs on
    I ain't never crossed a man who didn't deserve it. - Artis Ivey Jr.