As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    ^

200_s.gif

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »
    So I still haven't purchased the pre-order for this expansion, but I still have tonight to decide. I've got enough gold for 80 packs saved up, and about 5k dust (thanks golden dreadsteed). Someone either convince me to buy the pre-order, or that I'm right in saving the $50.

I think the answer to this question ultimately comes down to whether you like to experiment with a lot decks and classes in the first ~2 weeks of the expansion. If that's what you want to do, it's an expensive endeavor and you'll need a lot of resources. On the other hand if you mainly play one or two classes, and/or don't mind waiting until the meta settles a bit and most of the experimentation has been filtered out, you have more than enough resources already to build the decks you'll want.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Your not a programmer I presume.

Maybe he's just not a shitty programmer.

the takes so hot they burn

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    So I still haven't purchased the pre-order for this expansion, but I still have tonight to decide. I've got enough gold for 80 packs saved up, and about 5k dust (thanks golden dreadsteed). Someone either convince me to buy the pre-order, or that I'm right in saving the $50.

With 80 packs you're looking at something like:

4/23 legendaries
    16/27 epics (one of)
    91/72 rares (+380 dust)
    289/98 commons (+955 dust)

Plus 1 free death knight. The pre-order is worth an additional 3 legendaries and 10 epics or so. I wouldn't buy it, personally.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I am super excited to play midrange/tempo warrior again

I hate pirate warrior and fatigue/Fibonacci style control warrior takes way too long

• Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular

I think you have enough gold/dust to not buy any packs. Most of the DK heroes are likely going to turn out to be unplayable after the first two weeks. Plus we get a free one I think. I ended up spending the $50 though.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Okay, THIS is the kind of random brawl I like.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Okay, THIS is the kind of random brawl I like.

Especially when your opponent concedes 3 turns into the game for no apparent reason.

Makes my life easier.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

So you are claiming to be a perfect, never had a bug programmer are you?

When dozens of people are all changing code for the same applications (just different parts) and those parts share dependencies, its normal for problems to happen. Thats why you are suppose to test stuff like this. If you want to complain to blizzard about this happening, blame the QA, not the programmers. Bugs happen no matter how good a programmer you are or how hard you try to prevent it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Dibby that midrange warrior you posted looks fun. I think I would try a more aggressive version of it.

I think I will really dig into priest this expansion. I have maybe 10 ladder wins with that class.

Paladin is getting a bunch of class and neutral cards I am excited to try.

A version of grinder Mage may be possible.

And I'm hoping some kind of demon midrange deck is possible with warlock.

There is a bunch of stuff I really want to try.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Is that a new in-game song I hear as well?

Sounds eerie!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

When dozens of people are all changing code for the same applications (just different parts) and those parts share dependencies, its normal for problems to happen. Thats why you are suppose to test stuff like this. If you want to complain to blizzard about this happening, blame the QA, not the programmers. Bugs happen no matter how good a programmer you are or how hard you try to prevent it.
    (I may be misreading intent, but I think Sensational was doing a sick-burn joke at the expense of Blizzard, and not actually calling anyone - not even Blizzard devs - a bad programmer.)

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    wow, my brawl pack gave me ysera and 130 dust. maybe the game wants to reward my stubborn persistence playing a prototypical quest dragon paladin last night...

edit: p.s. who knew nightbane templar is actually a good card with sunkeeper tarim? not me. until now.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    wow, my brawl pack gave me ysera and 130 dust. maybe the game wants to reward my stubborn persistence playing a prototypical quest dragon paladin last night...

I like your style.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hm, the broken out math definitely makes me a little more hesitant to buy. Hearthstone being the only mobile client of the card games I play REALLY ups potential goof off value, but the idea of opening a bunch of vampires terrifies me.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Got my Brawl pack but can't open it because kiddo is still sleeping. Can't deny her a pack opening. #rare

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ok people, if you play warlock in this brawl and hero power every turn you are just going to die with a full hand. This message brought to you by the last three warlocks I played against. Thanks for the free wins.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    In Brawl:

Opponent plays Swamp King Dred (9/9 beast, "When your opponent plays a minion, attack it.")

I start laughing hysterically and play the poisonous snail that just appeared in my hand.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    furbat wrote: »
    Ok people, if you play warlock in this brawl and hero power every turn you are just going to die with a full hand. This message brought to you by the last three warlocks I played against. Thanks for the free wins.

The tapping dead

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Arfus is a 4 mana 2/2 with a good deathrattle

So just like Pyros he will be unplayable vs priest

God I hate priests

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i can understand no anub'arak "reprint", but no lord marrowgar? he was the best boss in all of ICC!

i only looked quickly, did i actually miss him?

• Options
    CarthageCarthage Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    After seeing the results of opening the 40-ish packs of Un'Goro I had saved up after they implemented the legendary patch, I'm honestly not really tempted to buy the 50 pack bundle.

I'll probably just buy (with gold) enough packs to crack my first KFT legendary, do the prologue for the free Death Knight, and eventually spend the rest of my gold on arena.

Carthage on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ah, the Shifter Brawl. Get Kalimos, play him, because he's still a good body to play. Next turn, another Shifter turns into an Elemental. :P

• Options

Aren't you the one who narrowed down the fault to the programmer? You also could have said "you've never dealt with QA I presume" and I would have replied with "maybe he's just never dealt with shitty QA". It doesn't matter. We're talking about a commercial product that had one of its four main modes straight up bricked in production. The whole dev team is to blame, from architect to QA. The gaming industry has set the bar so low for engineering rigor that we've become desensitized.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ah, the Shifter Brawl. Get Kalimos, play him, because he's still a good body to play. Next turn, another Shifter turns into an Elemental. :P

To be fair, you wouldn't have had Kalimos in your hand after that turn.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Deck recipes have been updated, so when you create a new deck you can see what Blizzard envisioned for some new archetypes. I'm intrigued by rogue's "jades of death":

yKiUdjs.png

I think this one could beat up a lot of control decks. No taunts or board clears though... how is that gonna work against aggro.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Oh, of course. Having them in the opposite order would have been ideal. But I'll take the bad luck there for good luck with my packs tomorrow.

• Options
    The deck recipes look fun! My favorites so far are the divine shield pally and unwilling sacrifice warlock. There are a few sub-optimal choices to be sure but there are some fun synergies such as using meat wagon to fish out devilsaur eggs.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Deck recipes have been updated, so when you create a new deck you can see what Blizzard envisioned for some new archetypes. I'm intrigued by rogue's "jades of death":

yKiUdjs.png

I think this one could beat up a lot of control decks. No taunts or board clears though... how is that gonna work against aggro.

i'd get rid of the backstabs for journey belows, bone barons for arguses, roll the bones for mimic pods and the arfus for a shadowcaster. i guess they have to push the new stuff, but it's great to see they're championing jade rogue

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    surely a product that rolls out alterations and updates to a l

yKiUdjs.png

i'd get rid of the backstabs for journey belows, bone barons for arguses, roll the bones for mimic pods and the arfus for a shadowcaster. i guess they have to push the new stuff, but it's great to see they're championing jade rogue

Never cut Backstab in any Rogue list. Ever.

Card is way too important.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    eh. when you've got no miracle synergy and shurikens / eviscerates already, it's a frustrating card to draw unless you get it early against tokeny decks.

edit: i'd take an argument to keep them over eviscerates though. the burst damage to face isn't really going to be your wincon, and there's removal here in poison and vilespines

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm sad that all the new priest decks look crazy expensive

I don't have Raza or Kazakus : (

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Backstab is pretty important for activating Combo, even if you're not running Auctioneer.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I crafted Kaza literally just to make kripp's chancy deck so I'm happy that she is still somewhat playable

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    there's also probably a spell/barnes/eternal servitude/ 5/5 clone deck but that would require leggos for days too

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I got an opening hydrologist, played the secret. He got eater of secrets

• Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    there's also probably a spell/barnes/eternal servitude/ 5/5 clone deck but that would require leggos for days too

Nah Res Priest doesn't have to be expensive/greedy

You can just run like, good value minions. Doesn't need to be nothing crazy. Even rezzing an Injured Blademaster over and over is still really good. 4/7s are hard to fuckin' deal with. Or PriestFeast! Having PriestFeast come back again and again is just backbreaking for so many decks.

Or yknow, there's also that new 9 mana 4/8 lifesteal taunt.... but it's also 9 mana. Ain't gonna get rezzes on that unless you pull it from Barnes/Shadow Essence or you pull your rezzes super late or somethin'.

I'm looking forward to trying it out though, it was a fun archetype back in the day.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

yKiUdjs.png

I'm convinced the deck recipes are deliberate trolling for players with more money than sense.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    The Deck Recipes honestly aren't that bad. I haven't looked at the new ones, but like looking at that Jade Rogue one, that's like, functional.

The Recipes used to be MUCH worse. Like awful and atrocious. This looks like an actual deck. Maybe not ideal! But it's functional.

Ben Brode has also stated that people piloting the Deck Recipes have climbed up rather high with them (Rank 15 at least).

They're not that bad. They don't have to be the optimal netdecks, cause yknow people who are gonna netdeck will just do that. They're for new players that don't know how to build decks and need some kind of guidance.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    c6e4647.png

Sac Zoo dosn't look too bad. I would replace Vryghoul with Darkshire Councelman.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless