As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] gratia [chat]is

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    @Gonmun don't you sass me

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I am so tempted to print that out and hang it somewhere.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My bank (who I've been with for 13 years, and offers no-fee chequing and savings accounts) is being absorbed by the bank which it has been "partnered" with throughout its existence (i.e. I could use the other banks ATMs, etc.)

It will make zero changes to my banking experience except that at some point in the next 6 months I will receive a new bank card

Okay

As long as I don't have to pay for banking, I don't care how it is provided to me, or by whom

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Yeah Memphis has a Nathan Bedford Forrest statue and the state has a Nathan Bedford Forrest state park.

As a kid I asked why those things were allowed, since they seemed to be celebrating a KKK member.

"It's history" and "the KKK wasn't founded to be racist" are the things I was told.

At this point white people in Memphis are a minority, so I can see that thing coming down in the near future. Finally.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/This_is_a_memorial,_located_in_Jersey_City,_New_Jersey,_commemorating_the_Katyn_massacre_of_1940-_Eleanor_Lang_is_the_photographer-_2013-11-11_14-15.jpg/800px-This_is_a_memor ial%2C_located_in_Jersey_City%2C_New_Jersey%2C_commemorating_the_Katyn_massacre_of_1940-_Eleanor_Lang_is_the_photographer-_2013-11-11_14-15.jpg[/img]

My city has some weird statues

from the famous stage show and dance review, It's War!

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gonmun don't you sass me

I need to get back to the top of the list somehow.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I heard someone discussing a skirmish war game and raced to the thread

• Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Gonmun don't you sass me

You'd need to be worse than Trump to do that

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    1500 calories is brutal

I'm at 1600 shooting for 155 and I'm 163 now and it's been maybe 5 weeks and I have another 7 weeks to go

Yeah but Tyrannio I am 9 times your size

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/This_is_a_memorial,_located_in_Jersey_City,_New_Jersey,_commemorating_the_Katyn_massacre_of_1940-_Eleanor_Lang_is_the_photographer-_2013-11-11_14-15.jpg/800px-This_is_a_memor ial%2C_located_in_Jersey_City%2C_New_Jersey%2C_commemorating_the_Katyn_massacre_of_1940-_Eleanor_Lang_is_the_photographer-_2013-11-11_14-15.jpg[/img]

Really its commemorating Stalin slaughtering a bunch of Polish people

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    AT0DRAT.jpg

Why millennials kill

Because i love the rush

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    How Millennial Falcons killed the Death Stars

Atomika on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    States who sent Confederates and other shitbags to represent them in the National Statuary:

Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia - VP of Confederacy
    Louisiana - SCOTUS justice who argued for Plessy v. Ferguson
    Mississippi- 2 confederates, including Jefferson Davis
    NC - 1 confederate, 1 white supremacist
    Tennessee - Andrew Jackson
    Virginia - Robert E. Lee

I feel the statue of Lee has a short life expectancy. VA is not what it once was and people are starting to push back. Alexandria, where Lee actually lived for a while, is taking theirs down. There are more and more pushes to remove them. Wouldn't surprise me if we change that for someone more deserving in the next 5 years.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    My bank (who I've been with for 13 years, and offers no-fee chequing and savings accounts) is being absorbed by the bank which it has been "partnered" with throughout its existence (i.e. I could use the other banks ATMs, etc.)

It will make zero changes to my banking experience except that at some point in the next 6 months I will receive a new bank card

Okay

As long as I don't have to pay for banking, I don't care how it is provided to me, or by whom

Was just reading about that. Funny how both of the "no fee small banks" have now been bought and absorbed by one of the big banks. My wife works for Tangerine. Least they give $50 to both you and the person that referred you if you put $100 into your account when you open it.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Its like a basketball game and the clock ticks down the buzzer sounds and i am the winner and i put him in my van

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

:bigfrown:

• Options
    I own a few different Osprey little blue book skirmish games but will basically never play them because my boatsvgsne friends moved away

Please support my Patreon to buy new friends

• Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Gonmun don't you sass me

You'd need to be worse than Trump to do that

Hmm...guess I'll be happy with second place.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Atomika, if you need pro strats for not eating and unhealthy crash weight loss, I got you girl. I got lots of gems like this:

The goal is not to stop eating before you're full. That never freaking works. Instead, focus on eating food that quickly makes you sick. We're talking voluminous salads with nauseating vinaigrettes and copious carbonated water. Your goal is to nuke your stomach such that you don't even want to eat any more.

Redirect desperate attempts at getting a dopimine hit to other areas. Buy cheap things on amazon. Drugs that aren't alcohol are another fine choice.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Mississippi sending Jefferson Davis is like Austria sending Germany a Hitler statue after the Paris Treaties

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    @BeNarwhal I've decided on doing a fairly stringent macro-focused ketogenic diet aiming for about 1500 calories a day, with less than 20g of carbs daily

It'll suck, but it's the quickest way without starving myself

I wish thee good luck.

Have you yet factored in the other half?

Hast thou heard the gospel of the iron church?

Iunno about Amy but for me I reached a point where losses just started coming much harder and the shape my physique was taking just kind of set off my dysphoria something harsh

This is super duper understandable.

• Options
    Atomika, if you need pro strats for not eating and unhealthy crash weight loss, I got you girl. I got lots of gems like this:

The goal is not to stop eating before you're full. That never freaking works. Instead, focus on eating food that quickly makes you sick. We're talking voluminous salads with nauseating vinaigrettes and copious carbonated water. Your goal is to nuke your stomach such that you don't even want to eat any more.

Redirect desperate attempts at getting a dopimine hit to other areas. Buy cheap things on amazon. Drugs that aren't alcohol are another fine choice.

yes, yes, I am listening . . .

• Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

• Options
    And tweeted everyone one of my VA representatives about the Lee statue.

So they all can ignore it.

But hey I feel better.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I want to forget recent news so I went looking for old screens of old windows programs.
    cfx55kmzz4qe.jpg

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Yeah Memphis has a Nathan Bedford Forrest statue and the state has a Nathan Bedford Forrest state park.

As a kid I asked why those things were allowed, since they seemed to be celebrating a KKK member.

"It's history" and "the KKK wasn't founded to be racist" are the things I was told.

At this point white people in Memphis are a minority, so I can see that thing coming down in the near future. Finally.

The racists will ship in from collierville and Lakeland and millington and Southaven and Marion and...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    My town has Nathan Bedford Forrest

Tearing his ass down has been a local issue for 50 years now

Each time it comes up I learn new horrifying things about my friends and neighbors

My town has a statue of Samantha from bewitched

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

the NKVD massacred thousands of polish officers, police and intelligentsia

hence the backstab motif

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    tumblr_ous0zpIJwo1r20fq5o1_500.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    To be fair though who else were we going to send besides Lee? One of the first 5 Presidents?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I am so psyched for gen con aaaaaaaaa

Got my backpack in my office taunting me that the day is not over yet and I can't yet go to the airport to gather with my fellow nerds

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I've had 5 shipping dates for an item I'm waiting on to complete a project. It's been delayed every day it's said to be shipping this week, like latest was it was supposed to ship today but now at 4PM they updated shipping date to the 21/8. Not great. Furthermore I ordered a bunch of construction material and the delivery driver forgot some important parts on the truck. So I can't start with that part of it either.

Unfortunate coincidences I guess.

Which means I might have to get in at 3AM on friday to catch up this lost afternoon, who knows.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Millennials killing credit? lol plz that was the wallstreet bankers that fucked that one up

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

yes, yes, I am listening . . .

Instead of a big lunch, bring to work three small snacks to spread throughout the day and then don't eat any of them.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    I am so psyched for gen con aaaaaaaaa

Got my backpack in my office taunting me that the day is not over yet and I can't yet go to the airport to gather with my fellow nerds

woooooooo

are you comin to Pax Unplugged btw

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    im so tireeeeeeeeedddddd

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Millennials killing credit? lol plz that was the wallstreet bankers that fucked that one up

You don't understand.

Millennials have killed and they will kill again.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    To be fair though who else were we going to send besides Lee? One of the first 5 Presidents?

I know Virginia has never really done anything for the nation. No famous people. Or great orators. Or important writers and figures. Just Washington and Lee. And really who is that Washington guy? Could put Stonewall there instead. :rotate:

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

My current go to for hunger pangs is eating so much celery I just want to stop eating forever.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    creative-vandalism-5.jpg

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.