Options

[FFRK] Magicite Dungeons Live! But this thread is dead.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    4* mote drops still seem abnormally high.

Kinda wish I was getting some 3* in here too, actually.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I mean, if people were willing to farm the ones where it was only 10%, this one is certainly higher than that, so...

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I mean, if people were willing to farm the ones where it was only 10%, this one is certainly higher than that, so...

For 2/3rds the stamina, to boot.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Are folks not farming the 255 for 8 motes?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Are folks not farming the 255 for 8 motes?

rather get 25% less motes per stamina and not want to punch myself in the face for hours. the 180 is trivial to farm, the 255 is fucking awful.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah. Descent is something I could farm easily enough. Clearing Infinity at all is in question with each attempt.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Already reached all the milestones for the FFXV Battle Quiz. The expansion questions are scheduled to drop tonight.

Hopefully two more tiers, bringing us to 1 +2 +3 +4 +5 = 15 Mythril, as per usual.

They did bring those exact things and the goals have already been met.

• Options
    I've gotten 20 4* vit motes today so far, which given the number of berserker nodes i need to get, I'm all aboard the farm train. I'll switch to Geo after nemesis goes away for more dark orbs, but this is too valuable imo.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2017
    I feel like the odd guy out here because I have more than enough Vit motes, but I need Wis motes like nobody's business. I pulled too many mage relics...

A duck! on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I'm only going to do berserker nodes on people where I plan to immediately do a legend dive. And as slow as the 5* motes are accruing (and given my reluctance to actually spend them) I probably have enough 4* vit motes to cover that.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That's twice in a row that Focused Bolts has missed Belial.

Are we really doing this?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Well, finished the rebirth dungeons. Really considering just yolo diving Y'shtola as my first legend dive, she's on every single one of my teams and doublecasting tetragrammation is so op.

Spirit motes are short, and I want to dive Desch and/or Ashe for the doublecast and Agrias for the imperil stacking, but really they're all sometimes A team characters. Y'shtola is always here, even the two ultras i've gotten haven't been able to displace her, only used alongside.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Phew. Jump Start Torment FFT 2 CM mastered. 1 medal lost for actions (Lightning never dualcast once the adds were dead once, that would have helped so much T_T ), 2 for damage taken (a given). Initially tried for 3 CM, but didn't have near enough damage output without Garnet. Garnet solves all problems.

Whatever, 20 extra 5* Vit motes are fine with me.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i dove yshtola and its hilarious. mateus can reflect my team and it doesn't matter im dualcasting 2500hp medicas.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Holy shit. Vanille's BSB entry is healing for 5.5k all, Curajas for 9k and C2 for 2.2k all. Without any synergy gear. Legend Diving is srs bsns.

Rius on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Holy shit. Vanille's BSB entry is healing for 5.5k all, Curajas for 9k and C2 for 2.2k all. Legend Diving is srs bsns.

It really is.

My Lightning is sitting at 500+ ATK with no synergy and prioritizing elemental boost equipment.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I'm only going to do berserker nodes on people where I plan to immediately do a legend dive. And as slow as the 5* motes are accruing (and given my reluctance to actually spend them) I probably have enough 4* vit motes to cover that.

Right now I've 3* dived every person I've got a BSB for (and most SSBs at this point, too). I like to hold onto 100 of each to immediately dive anyone who I get a BSB for (just did this, so I'm low on Vit right now, hence my desire for 3* Vit :P).

I've 4* dived more than I probably should have? But I hold onto 175 of each to be able to immediately legend dive anyone I decide to. Other than that, I've started diving people I use regularly for Jump Starts and the sort (to boost elemental damage), resumed unlocking some 5*/4* abilities, as well as making it so they can equip some other weapons, and most recently started doing some job mote diving (keeping them above 50 right now) for some of the jobs that I've gotten a ton for.

• Options
    i dove yshtola and its hilarious. mateus can reflect my team and it doesn't matter im dualcasting 2500hp medicas.

It's especially absurd in multiplayer. Basically full healing the entire 8 person team when dualcast triggers.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Holy shit. Vanille's BSB entry is healing for 5.5k all, Curajas for 9k and C2 for 2.2k all. Without any synergy gear. Legend Diving is srs bsns.

In the video I posted earlier for Nemesis I had Vanille healing for 7k on entry w/ synergy. It was pretty nice. And that was using her chase LMR instead of LM1, so could've been even more.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Chance for Vit motes, or definitely Orbs of some type I need. Belias and Mateus come back, I suppose?

• Options
    Hmm. Chance for Vit motes, or definitely Orbs of some type I need. Belias and Mateus come back, I suppose?

Eventually, they will be back permanently.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wait, X Torment is coming back? Didn't it just go away like a week ago?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Eventually, they will be back permanently.

Torments, Orbs, Crystals and 4* Motes are all farmable in JP, so I guess the question is what do I need right now.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Wait, X Torment is coming back? Didn't it just go away like a week ago?

Hell, I still have my Geosgaeno farming team saved as one of my favorites.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I went after Setzer's BSB because I thought that I'll need more breakage for stuff like Kuja

Through Wall, Shell, Moderate Lightning resist accessories, Full Break, Ark Blast + Addle command for Breakdown his big scary lightning attacks were doing maybe 400 damage. The only damage I took was from the Gravity. Squall was busy pushing his crap in with his Lowen Roar spam so was punching past the Weak/Very Weak phases. Maybe it's a different Kuja that was telegraphed to be ultra scary but I'm rather disappointed. Perhaps when we enter the era of having to use status ailment accessories instead of being able to use elemental resist accessories, but options are options are options.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Takel wrote: »
    I went after Setzer's BSB because I thought that I'll need more breakage for stuff like Kuja

Through Wall, Shell, Moderate Lightning resist accessories, Full Break, Ark Blast + Addle command for Breakdown his big scary lightning attacks were doing maybe 400 damage. The only damage I took was from the Gravity. Squall was busy pushing his crap in with his Lowen Roar spam so was punching past the Weak/Very Weak phases. Maybe it's a different Kuja that was telegraphed to be ultra scary but I'm rather disappointed. Perhaps when we enter the era of having to use status ailment accessories instead of being able to use elemental resist accessories, but options are options are options.

It actually makes a pretty big difference if you use characters with RES bargains - Luneth, in particular, takes nearly three times as much damage as anyone else on my team considering his pathetic RES and the bargain effect on top of that. Even with Wall, Shell, and three layers of magic breaks he takes rather large chunks of damage.

• Options
    Ysale's BSB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pPmyQU_4Q

She does the thing.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Well, finished the rebirth dungeons. Really considering just yolo diving Y'shtola as my first legend dive, she's on every single one of my teams and doublecasting tetragrammation is so op.

Spirit motes are short, and I want to dive Desch and/or Ashe for the doublecast and Agrias for the imperil stacking, but really they're all sometimes A team characters. Y'shtola is always here, even the two ultras i've gotten haven't been able to displace her, only used alongside.

The good news is I believe the XI event Jump Start offers up 30 more Spirit motes. Then the FFII event gives another 30 from the Jump Start.

Unfortunately, we need to wait for the V, VIII or XI Torment 300 before we see 90 more Spirit motes. The call to bring back FFX Torment so quickly after it expired seems really stupid right now. I know people will farm Dark Orbs, but I'd rather have something new.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Ysale's BSB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pPmyQU_4Q

She does the thing.

As if I needed any MORE reason to pull like crazy for her stuff. Ysayle <3 (Also, hi Ravana! Go die in a fire!) *checks banner* Oh hey, they were even nice enough to split them up so her Banner 2 actually has other stuff I want and I don't feel bad pulling.

(Ugh, my XI-XIV synergies are all so damn solid but below that only VIII looks good and yet I just can't resist. I'm about to do 5 pulls on the XI banners too...)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh, analysis paralysis time.

I finally managed to sort out a spreadsheet of available legend dives, as well as what character has what SBs and how likely I am to dive that character (rating scale of Nope/Unlikely/Possible/Likely/Hell Yeah). I have 200+ of each mote except for Spirit, so that kinda screws me over a bit.

SPR/WIS - Y'shtola (Wall/BSB), Vanille (USB/BSB), and Raines (OSB/BSB) all make good arguments. I use Y'shtola more than Vanille, but half her turns are spent Wrathing towards Wall/Asylum recasts. Vanille is barely used, but her BSB goes from "top-tier" to "OMG tier" once dived. Raines is obvious - his doublecast LM2 is just nuts with his BSB commands.

BRV/SPR - Gladiolus (OSB/BSB) is my only "Hell Yeah" character, but SPR motes are far better used elsewhere.

BRV/WIS - Yuffie (USB/BSB), Fujin (SSB), and Tyro (Wall/BSB) are my top picks here. Fujin probably doesn't need a dive since she's already maxing out Raging Storm and ninja cast speed is rather good to begin with. Tyro's LM2 is nice, but good lord is that LM1 useless. That leaves Yuffie, whose LM1 and LM2 are both really good for her.

BRV/DEX - Noctis (OSB/BSB), Zack (USB/BSB), and Vaan (BSB) are all useful for me. Vaan is used more often, but he doesn't really need a dive considering he usually just spams his BSB commands all day and they're all single hit. Zack's LD isn't even available yet, but his is beaten out by Noctis, who boosts all physical damage instead of just Celerity (and can thus boost Omega Drive along with Dervish).

DEX/VIT - Lightning is done, so remaining choices for me are Bartz (BSB 1&2), Celes (BSB 1&2), Cloud (BSB2), and Squall (BSB2). I figure I'll wait for the V event to see if I'm lucky enough to get Bartz's USB (in which case the choice is blindingly obvious). If I don't, Squall is probably the best choice. Cloud is nice considering I have Zack's gear, but Squall is less dependent on the team.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Raines, Yuffie, Noctis, and Bartz/Squall. Any suggestions to the contrary?

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Ugh I cannot seem to beat the FFT Torment CM.

I have TGCid (OSB+BSB), Ramza (Shout, and BSB which I don't use), and Agrias (BSB imperil). I also have Minfilia (BSB) for breaks and Relm for a healer BSB.

It feels like I have all the pieces, but I either:
    a) Kill the archaeodemons first and run out of steam on Belias at 1/3 health
    b) Try to kill Belias first and get KO'ed.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    RW Cloud USB. Give Agrais Cid RM3 for so she can summon the RW and spams her BSB 3 times to kill the adds and stack imperils on Belias ASAP and then uses C1 and spams Guardbringer, Cid goes hail strike, an OSB for the casting speed buff, Cloud USB, BSB(adds should be dead so all the hits are on Belias), C1, BSB, C1 spam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Have you tried bringing in a dancer for AoE armour breaks?
    Multi Break plus Box Step Sarabande plus Cloud USB RW'd onto Agrias you could annihilate the adds in ~2 casts of her BSB then the second RW will allow TGCid to destroy Belias along with the double-stacked Imperil.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I finally managed to sort out a spreadsheet of available legend dives
    FYI, this is a particularly good resource I use: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZJENa_FFMLZ1t819RXLNSPiN4OLdBWjGnM1NIlnYJ7A/edit

I have my own local copy and update it in time when that one does.
    Right now, I'm leaning towards Raines, Yuffie, Noctis, and Bartz/Squall. Any suggestions to the contrary?
    For Raines, consider also that bosses are moving more and more towards omniresist/resist all but one element. Raines is strong enough that he can still sort of deal with that and gives himself enough buffs that you aren't as concerned about having to run a mage team for him to be there but it does hamper his damage a bit. I would probably recommend Vanille or Y'sh instead--the tradeoffs between the two are well documented at this point, so I won't reargue those as it tends to be a pretty even split on who is the better healer/dive.

Tyro's LM2 is actually pretty good on certain fights if he's your wall caster but you also need magic blink to dodge important spells. Fujin isn't worth diving with only SSB. Yuffie is solid, no real problems with picking her BUT water weakness isn't altogether that common and for better or worse she's AoE so she loses some potency there. I would sit on this category and see what relics you draw for now until you actually get to a water weak boss (or the VII Torment or something) and then consider diving her only then.

Noctis is bonkers but you're devaluing Zack something fierce if by USB you meant LCSSB. His LD means he instantly starts the Chain and puts on double Imperil+lots of % with BSB followed by BSB. This is craziness for speed meta and really helps if you have Cloud BSB2 (which you do) for wind meta being useful everywhere.

Cloud isn't strictly necessary to dive (if the thing is still alive after 3 BSB casts something went wrong). I agree, wait for Bartz and if you get his USB or even BSB3 that's a no-brainer. You actually have the right circumstances to dive Celes as well from a party buff perspective if you either have another source of haste or are looking for MP, so I wouldn't sleep on her dive either. Really gives you a legit shot at keeping both BSBs up at the same time.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I finally managed to sort out a spreadsheet of available legend dives
    FYI, this is a particularly good resource I use: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZJENa_FFMLZ1t819RXLNSPiN4OLdBWjGnM1NIlnYJ7A/edit

I have my own local copy and update it in time when that one does.
    For Raines, consider also that bosses are moving more and more towards omniresist/resist all but one element. Raines is strong enough that he can still sort of deal with that and gives himself enough buffs that you aren't as concerned about having to run a mage team for him to be there but it does hamper his damage a bit. I would probably recommend Vanille or Y'sh instead--the tradeoffs between the two are well documented at this point, so I won't reargue those as it tends to be a pretty even split on who is the better healer/dive.

Tyro's LM2 is actually pretty good on certain fights if he's your wall caster but you also need magic blink to dodge important spells. Fujin isn't worth diving with only SSB. Yuffie is solid, no real problems with picking her BUT water weakness isn't altogether that common and for better or worse she's AoE so she loses some potency there. I would sit on this category and see what relics you draw for now until you actually get to a water weak boss (or the VII Torment or something) and then consider diving her only then.

Noctis is bonkers but you're devaluing Zack something fierce if by USB you meant LCSSB. His LD means he instantly starts the Chain and puts on double Imperil+lots of % with BSB followed by BSB. This is craziness for speed meta and really helps if you have Cloud BSB2 (which you do) for wind meta being useful everywhere.

Cloud isn't strictly necessary to dive (if the thing is still alive after 3 BSB casts something went wrong). I agree, wait for Bartz and if you get his USB or even BSB3 that's a no-brainer. You actually have the right circumstances to dive Celes as well from a party buff perspective if you either have another source of haste or are looking for MP, so I wouldn't sleep on her dive either. Really gives you a legit shot at keeping both BSBs up at the same time.

Thanks for the feedback!

Your point about Raines and omni-resist bosses is something I'd forgotten about. I'm leaning towards Y'shtola since I still use her more, and I figure that's the major qualifier for who to use these motes on. Rosa's USB is absurdly powerful, but her LM2 is laughably bad.

I'll probably sit on diving Yuffie like you suggest. I like using her but she doesn't really make the team very often, which is sad since her USB is great stuff.

And yeah, I meant that I have Zack's LCSSB. His LM2 would be great for JS, but as it turns out I use Relm's USB to simultaneously speed up and protect my JS teams. Because of that I almost never really need the Haste + CT0 x3 LM2s, despite having BSBs or better for four of those characters (Lightning, Luneth, Noctis, and Zack). Because of that, it comes down to comparing the other parts of the dive, and Noctis beats Zack there.

I'm definitely waiting for V to see if Bartz gets the dive. Squall is competing with mai waifu Celes solely because of how ridiculous his BSB2 is.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Jump Starts are pretty easy as is, I wouldn't recommend making long term spending decisions with the frame of "I'm going to start fights with 3 SB bars." If you aren't starting with full meter, you won't have unlimited team instant casts from Relm, and things like Cloud's doublecast and many characters' Instant Cast 3 become a lot better.

I'm going to hold off on legend dives until after the Magicite fest ("Super Fest" / Chain fest), which I'd guess is going to happen within the next three weeks. We'll probably have dates for it after Thursday's maintenance.

Fry on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    For Raines, consider also that bosses are moving more and more towards omniresist/resist all but one element. Raines is strong enough that he can still sort of deal with that and gives himself enough buffs that you aren't as concerned about having to run a mage team for him to be there but it does hamper his damage a bit. I would probably recommend Vanille or Y'sh instead--the tradeoffs between the two are well documented at this point, so I won't reargue those as it tends to be a pretty even split on who is the better healer/dive
    I'm worried about this too, since my top three are Vanille/Ashe/Raines and neither of the offensive mages have a great NE fallback. But then how many mages do, really?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    For Raines, consider also that bosses are moving more and more towards omniresist/resist all but one element. Raines is strong enough that he can still sort of deal with that and gives himself enough buffs that you aren't as concerned about having to run a mage team for him to be there but it does hamper his damage a bit. I would probably recommend Vanille or Y'sh instead--the tradeoffs between the two are well documented at this point, so I won't reargue those as it tends to be a pretty even split on who is the better healer/dive
    I'm worried about this too, since my top three are Vanille/Ashe/Raines and neither of the offensive mages have a great NE fallback. But then how many mages do, really?

a few come to mind, such as Rapha, Terra, and Quistis.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

a few come to mind, such as Rapha, Terra, and Quistis.
    Quistis doesn't have a legend dive, and even if we imagine that she had dualcast bio, dualcasting the non-elemental portion of a BSB command from an en-element BSB wouldn't be very strong. (Or are we assuming Wrath+OSB?)

Terra would totally queue-jump if I had her USB, and Rapha might squeeze ahead of Raines if I had her BSB, but alas.

I suppose Kuja is a sleeper option. Assuming the fight is relatively short, his C1 edges out post-buff Flare if you factor in the dualcast. And my dark imperil teams are legit. Although it's unlikely that I would run Kuja in a situation where I don't also run Raines.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Define NE fallback? I'm pretty sure most mages are element/NE, after all. Does that mean mages whose power isn't derived from being powered by aura and so take less 'penalty' for being used off-element? I would probably put on that list people like Garnet, Rapha, and Nabaat who either imperil or party buff off their BSBs instead of applying aura.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.