Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Who's the dude shaking hands with Marth at 0:38? That's not a playable character is it?

Darius, an original character from Fire Emblem Warriors. We don't know yet if he'll be playable or not.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I still literally do not understand some of these random characters. Assuming there are not just more we don't know about that weren't part of the leak, they said there would be a focus on Shadow Dragon, then only put in 3 characters from that game. And then randomly they just put in Lyn and Celica, without Alm or Ike (or Hector, Roy, etc). I don't understand including Celica without Alm, and I just don't understand not including Ike at all if you are going to include characters outside those three games. It's so baffling.

Meanwhile we get weird characters no one wanted like Lissa because they had some need to fill out every single major character from Awakening and Fates. (and still somehow, no Tharja? No Donnel? No Arthur?)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I still literally do not understand some of these random characters. Assuming there are not just more we don't know about that weren't part of the leak, they said there would be a focus on Shadow Dragon, then only put in 3 characters from that game. And then randomly they just put in Lyn and Celica, without Alm or Ike (or Hector, Roy, etc). I don't understand including Celica without Alm, and I just don't understand not including Ike at all if you are going to include characters outside those three games. It's so baffling.

Meanwhile we get weird characters no one wanted like Lissa because they had some need to fill out every single major character from Awakening and Fates. (and still somehow, no Tharja? No Donnel? No Arthur?)

fite me irl

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Have they explicitly say that Alm won’t be in the game? It seems like they want to reveal characters all the way to release.

• Options
    Frem wrote: »
    Have they explicitly say that Alm won’t be in the game? It seems like they want to reveal characters all the way to release.

The box art with all the characters leaked out a few weeks ago. It spoiled Lyn and Celica which have now been confirmed, and also Caeda. It's possible some were not shown on the box, but I don't know...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Some extended gameplay from TGS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3GS5qTTbaU

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Caeda and Tiki are now official:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkzW1qNiRI

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So at this point, the only unconfirmed leaked character is Navarre I think?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited September 2017

+ Anna.

Here's some actual gameplay of Caeda and Tiki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvDVwZTOZ0

Tiki looks tons of fun. And here's an English version of the trailer above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bqSTOh3G8&t=0s

Voice acting sounds a lot better compared to the previous English trailer.

Maz- on
  • Options
    Anna's already shown up in publicly released art so I figured that was a gimme (I don't mean the box art with the sprites).

• Options

Navarre wasn't part of the leak. He was seen in the trailer. Only unconfirmed leak is Anna.

Did see a video that brought up a good point - since Navarre is technically a villain, that could be why he was not on the box. They also showed that Validar from Awakening was shown off in the story mode thing, speculating maybe as sort of a secret the villains will be unlockable characters as well. So I could see them doing that.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

+ Anna.

Here's some actual gameplay of Caeda and Tiki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvDVwZTOZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bqSTOh3G8&t=0s

Voice acting sounds a lot better compared to the previous English trailer.

I sure hope the lip sync is better in the game. That was "dubbed 80s Kung Fu movie" bad.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    DLC's been announced. 3 character packs, based on Shadow Dragon/Fates/Awakening respectively.

Buying the season pass will be cheaper and get you a Bridal Lucina outfit.
    fire-emblem-warriors-dlc.jpg

Having the 3 packs based on those series makes sense but I still expect them to sneak Ike and Roy in there despite not being from any of them.

The Shadow Dragon one will probably have Navarre, Fates will have Azura (I think this was hinted during a stream) and the Awakening one will probably have Tharja.

Tairu on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Where is Hector?

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Where is Hector?

I literally came in here to ask this. My buying this game was predicated on being able to take on the story mode co-op with @SilverWind where she'd play Xander and I'd go Hector

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    What terrible DLC choices. YOU ARE ALREADY REPRESENTING THOSE GAMES! Argg. They should have been based on other games, like Blazing Blade, Path of Radiance, etc.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Basically, this is DLC fail. No Hector, Eliwood, Roy, etc means they are virtually ignoring FE 6-10 which is truly sad. Definitely my favorites in the whole series.

That being said, even if they had released those characters, I probably wouldn't have picked up this game. The wife and I played a metric ton of co-op Hyrule Warriors and I ended up testing HW, all the DLC packs, and the 3DS version while at Nintendo. The burnout is real.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Give us Our Boy, Nintendo.

• Options
    With these DLC choices, I think we'll see a sequel sooner rather than later that'll focus on Genealogy/Thracia 776, Binding Blade/Blazing Blade and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. (RIP Sacred Stones)

• Options

Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance DLC plz

• Options
    http://gematsu.com/2017/09/fire-emblem-warriors-dlc-dated-priced-north-america
    Season Pass (Oct. 20, $19.99): The Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass includes all three DLC packs, which become available as they release. Each DLC pack is filled with new playable characters and weapons. By purchasing the Season Pass for either the Nintendo Switch or New Nintendo 3DS version, players will receive a bridal costume for Lucina.
    DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.
    DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
    DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/09/fire-emblem-warriors-dlc-dated-priced-north-america#Y1x1HpXI2XORDUlv.99

Notice how in DLC #2 & #3 it says "Many" and "Much of" the content comes from Shadow Dragon and Awakening

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I HAVE to assume they can't get away with not at least throwing in one character or something from another game. But if it's like, "Here's 3 more Fates characters, oh, and I guess Roy.." then it's kind of missing the point IMO. With the history mode especially, it doesn't make sense not to do DLC centered around specific games not already represented. Like, why are they not doing a Blazing Blade DLC with Hector and Eliwood and maybe one or two more, then having a campaign that follows the story of that game?

That's what baffles me the most. And it seems contrary to what Hyrule Warriors did where they'd have the Twilight map and release True Form Midna next to that, or Termina with Tingle/Young Link, or the Koholint map with Marin.

If anything, I think you do the opposite of what they're doing. Stick Tharja as a bonus in the Blazing Blade pack or something, so you introduce something new to someone after her. Or maybe that's exploitive, I dunno. But that's kind of what this is too in that case (i.e. if a Hector fan has to buy a bunch of Shadow Dragon stuff they don't want, for example).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I mean the weird thing is they know which characters are popular after the FE Heroes poll, you would think they would use that as their basis for which characters to go for.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular

I'm disappointed that Tiki doesn't transform into a dragon for any of her primary attacks that have been shown so far. She'd do that in FE1 on the NES for goodness' sakes! And it very much seems that this Tiki is the FE1 Tiki, what with her appearance, childishness, and riding in with Caeda.

Also the complete absence of heavies and general lack axe/hammer units on the playable side (I think the only one in the whole game so far is the Nohr wyvern rider?) is lame.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

I'm disappointed that Tiki doesn't transform into a dragon for any of her primary attacks that have been shown so far. She'd do that in FE1 on the NES for goodness' sakes! And it very much seems that this Tiki is the FE1 Tiki, what with her appearance, childishness, and riding in with Caeda.

Also the complete absence of heavies and general lack axe/hammer units on the playable side (I think the only one in the whole game so far is the Nohr wyvern rider?) is lame.

No, Lissa is using an axe for this.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

She does turn into a dragon though. Once you fill up her special gauge, she temporarily turns into a dragon.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the DLC pricing.

• Options
    edited September 2017

She does turn into a dragon though. Once you fill up her special gauge, she temporarily turns into a dragon.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the DLC pricing.

Going full dragon is an important distinction from Corrin too. But you can't have her be full dragon all the time. I like her use of the wings in the one combo though.

Odds of an adult Tiki skin?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular

Then I'm happy! I don't think it was shown in the debut trailer for her, which is where I got that impression from.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    Two hidden characters leaked:
    Owain & Niles

• Options
    Tairu wrote: »
    Owain & Niles
    One of those is not like the other

• Options
    Owain & Niles
    Technically both.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Owain & Niles

Interesting... Also good that there are actually characters we still don't know about. Gives me hope.
    I give zero shits about Niles but Owain is probably my favorite character in Awakening after Robin. And maybe Gregor. Gregor is the freaking best...

zlCfzSBtv_0Fpw6MqR

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Owain & Niles

Yessss my second-favorite character from Awakening (after Donny).

• Options
    Another two (though we already knew about one of them):
    rg024a3ulboz.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Another two (though we already knew about one of them):
    rg024a3ulboz.jpg

Ooh, like the first one.
    Oboro's one of my favorites on the Hoshido side

Polaritie on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Fire Emblem Warriors Opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-lpIgHxEI

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Two more characters:
    Gharnef and Iago, although we don't know yet if they're playable. If they aren't, I suppose they'll be added as free DLC sometime soon, like Hyrule Warriors did for Cia, Volga and Wizzro

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Owain & Niles
    Technically both.

Eh, I had no idea the later character was actually popular enough for inclusion.