As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do I have bed bugs

2»

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    could be blackflys in upstate NY

Nah, blackfly bites look a bit different. They don't have a nice little needly mouthpart, and instead have to like...chew open an wound to drink from, so there's generally a tiny bit more scabbing than you'd see with a mosquito bite.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    could be blackflys in upstate NY

Nah, blackfly bites look a bit different. They don't have a nice little needly mouthpart, and instead have to like...chew open an wound to drink from, so there's generally a tiny bit more scabbing than you'd see with a mosquito bite.

Tbf I didn't look at the picture but went with what's a bitey bug in ny

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I decided ok def not bed bugs but then had another itchy red mark on my leg tonight

https://imgur.com/a/8t4qx

After very specifically wearing long pants and sleeves yesterday so as not to get bit by skeeters

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Still not likely to be bedbugs. Could be ingrown hairs, or other biting insects.

Check this guide to help you hunt in the house for them, or request a profession come check the place out.

https://www.epa.gov/bedbugs/how-find-bed-bugs

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Just keep in mind that bed bugs are still really rare, you're not likely to run across them frequently.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    One last question about bites for the knowledgeable ones- how long would they last, mosquito vs bed bug?

The itchiness is pretty much gone but all of them are still blotchy and red, ~5 days after noticing them. I don't recall mosquito bites ever lasting this long on me but I could be wrong.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Bed bug bites are often almost invisible because people usually don't have strong reactions to them. Just little red dots. They also tend to occur in small clusters, like three bites in a line or triangle shape.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    One last question about bites for the knowledgeable ones- how long would they last, mosquito vs bed bug?

The itchiness is pretty much gone but all of them are still blotchy and red, ~5 days after noticing them. I don't recall mosquito bites ever lasting this long on me but I could be wrong.

Depends on how itchy you are and how aggressively you scratch at them

I'm the queen of mosquito assaults, those suckers last a long fuckin time on me

BTW I'm always getting bitten indoors at this time of year because the weather cools so the little fuckers come inside and find fresh meat

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage