As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAMY SUMMER

19495969798100»

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    DOTA 3
    Anecdotally you'll get the miniskirt and sell it for hundreds of dollars so definitely open your crates 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

So did you immediately blow that on more lootboxes?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Anecdotally you'll get the miniskirt and sell it for hundreds of dollars so definitely open your crates 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

So did you immediately blow that on more lootboxes?

nah, i just cleaned out my wishlist

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Lar Lar Lar
    My paternal grandfather was a radio man in a B-17 late in the war, part of the 390th Bomb Group. The way those crews worked, you ended up at most of the positions to learn them in case of badness, but radio was his primary job. We actually visited his old base (what remained of it at least) while in England some years ago.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Lar Lar Lar
    Looks like Stellaris is making the long overdue change of making hyperlanes the default FTL option, using that to overhaul how the galactic "terrain" is generated, and adding in other FTL options that are not exactly the same as warp and wormhole but largely analogous that can be unlocked later in the game with research.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So my Steam Link from the cheapo bundle the other week came in. The instructions on this thing are pretty thin. It seems to work just fine, but, having figured out how to turn it off, how do i turn it back on? Aside from unplugging and plugging back in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Looks like Stellaris is making the long overdue change of making hyperlanes the default FTL option, using that to overhaul how the galactic "terrain" is generated, and adding in other FTL options that are not exactly the same as warp and wormhole but largely analogous that can be unlocked later in the game with research.

I understand why they're doing it from a design perspective, but the asymmetric FTL was one of the more interesting ideas in Stellaris and I'm disappointed it didn't really work out.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Lar Lar Lar
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

I understand why they're doing it from a design perspective, but the asymmetric FTL was one of the more interesting ideas in Stellaris and I'm disappointed it didn't really work out.

Oh yeah totally, I thought it was an interesting wrinkle

On the other hand hyper lanes always created the most interesting gameplay concerns and made certain places geographically important in a way they wouldn't be otherwise, so I almost always picked that one anyways

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Portal 3
    So my Steam Link from the cheapo bundle the other week came in. The instructions on this thing are pretty thin. It seems to work just fine, but, having figured out how to turn it off, how do i turn it back on? Aside from unplugging and plugging back in.

It should wake on input, so if you have a controller or keyboard attached that will do it.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    horse armour was honestly overblown. You were paying 5 bucks or whatever for a specific item at least, in a single player game, you knew what you were getting, there was no gambling incentive, you bought it once. At worst it was overpriced, though given how well it sold, maybe it was priced exactly as it needed to be to sell

I have massive issues with lootboxes, especially in multiplayer games, but I hate when it gets conflated with dlc more broadly

horse armor was the start of dlc

it was overblown with the assumption it was a singular event, but it absolutely started the clusterfuck we have now

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I always used hyperlane only galaxies. they're the only system that really works

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

It should wake on input, so if you have a controller or keyboard attached that will do it.

Hmm I accidentally hit buttons on the controller plugged into it when i tried to use my ps4, but it didn't seem to turn it. I shall investigate more when i get home.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Left 4 Dead 3
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    horse armour was honestly overblown. You were paying 5 bucks or whatever for a specific item at least, in a single player game, you knew what you were getting, there was no gambling incentive, you bought it once. At worst it was overpriced, though given how well it sold, maybe it was priced exactly as it needed to be to sell

I have massive issues with lootboxes, especially in multiplayer games, but I hate when it gets conflated with dlc more broadly

horse armor was the start of dlc

it was overblown with the assumption it was a singular event, but it absolutely started the clusterfuck we have now

Some day soon they're going to start gating basic game content with loot boxes. "Secret/Bonus" levels, bosses, maps, you name it.

This discussion has been closed.