As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't be afraid to catch feelings [love thread]

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I love tea

But I think I love coffee more

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I love my dog.

He has a sore paw though and it is giving me feelings.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    A couple of weeks ago if you'd said to me "You will long for a multi-page argument about temperature scales before the year is out" I would have scoffed heartily, but surely if anything was best left behind in forums past, it was discussion of FATAL.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I love tea

But I think I love coffee more

Coffee in the morning

Tea in the afternoon

I am a creature of habit.

Speaking of tea, time for my first cup of the day

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I love my dog.

Did you figure out what it was?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I love tea.

I'm drinking some right now

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I don't have strong feelings towards tea but it seems like I should.

Also, for those of you with the online dating, this is peak season for new accounts. I've seen a bunch of fresh faces already. Get out there, or something.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    I love my dog.

Did you figure out what it was?
    It looks like a lesion of some kind. It's still sore though. We have him a sock to wear and today he discovered the 12 dollar dog bed we bought him (as opposed to the three other more expensive beds that we bought him and he is sleeping on that.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Folks, it kinda really sucks to see your partner's heart break in real time and not be able to do anything to stop it.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I do not love that the check engine light turned on in my car this morning.

I suspected that something was up when the engine was weirdly juddery when I was driving home yesterday, but bleh.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Folks, it kinda really sucks to see your partner's heart break in real time and not be able to do anything to stop it.

Bro.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The only thing I miss about the holidays now that they're over are those Christmas tree shaped Reese's cups.

The superior peanutbutter confection.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The only thing I miss about the holidays now that they're over are those Christmas tree shaped Reese's cups.

The superior peanutbutter confection.

Pumpkins or eggs, for me. I still want my peanut butter cups round, just convex.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The trees are too pointy and deadly looking.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I do not love that the check engine light turned on in my car this morning.

I suspected that something was up when the engine was weirdly juddery when I was driving home yesterday, but bleh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddPQAJSm2cQ

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I met someone for drinks today!

They said it would never work because I'm "too liberal."

I flashed her a smile a half-mile wide at that! I'm pretty okay with being "too liberal."

Their loss.

Haha, thanks!

The political climate in my area is pretty strange. I live in California, which leans pretty hard to the left, but I'm located in Orange County which is a fairly large conservative pocket (The last presidential election was the first time Orange County went to a Democratic candidate since the Great Depression. Even Obama lost in OC. Twice).

That's kinda the nice thing about OKCupid (dumb name stuff aside). Profiles and questions give you at least some idea of who a person is even before you engage in conversation. Last night's drinks were set up by a coworker of mine and was more or less a blind date. Oh well. The beer was good and getting out more is a positive thing for me. Back to the OKC Salt Mines.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    I met someone for drinks today!

They said it would never work because I'm "too liberal."

I flashed her a smile a half-mile wide at that! I'm pretty okay with being "too liberal."

Their loss.

Haha, thanks!

The political climate in my area is pretty strange. I live in California, which leans pretty hard to the left, but I'm located in Orange County which is a fairly large conservative pocket (The last presidential election was the first time Orange County went to a Democratic candidate since the Great Depression. Even Obama lost in OC. Twice).

That's kinda the nice thing about OKCupid (dumb name stuff aside). Profiles and questions give you at least some idea of who a person is even before you engage in conversation. Last night's drinks were set up by a coworker of mine and was more or less a blind date. Oh well. The beer was good and getting out more is a positive thing for me. Back to the OKC Salt Mines.

Yeah I honestly found the questions more informative than the profile, or at least more useful in finding potential topics of conversation.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ugh, I go to the toilet for like 5 minutes and come back to the return of the worst thread topic.

It was always here. Lurking. Waiting. Biding its time for the end of the Holiday Hangout when everyone would come back in and be greeted by its presence.

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    I love tea too. What are your guys opinions of Ceylon tea? I really enjoy it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sweet Tea is a disservice to the ideal of tea.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

But drinking it gives your brain access to the English informal plural form of 'you'.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Y'all?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Ya'll is a great word.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Sweet tea is the light

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Just logged on to my OKCupid account for the first time in ages, to see if it needed to be destroyed before my real name gets attached to it. The me that answered all these questions back whenever I registered was a totally unrecognizable person. Even though I consider it all largely positive change, It's kind of frightening how much of it there's been in such a short time, kind of undermines my sense of self.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to kill the account and start over somewhere else. What OKCupid is doing is unsafe for a lot of their users, and even if I could personally weather that storm easily enough, I'd rather send them a message that they've fucked up.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    The silver lining appears to be that it's not outing anyone's name. It asks you and whatever you write becomes your first name. If I'm wrong though, please correct me.

• Options
    Yeah it just asked me what my first name was and I put something else

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    In my area I've had better luck with Bumble than with OKC. But I'm on both cause those seem to be the two best for my city.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Ugh, I go to the toilet for like 5 minutes and come back to the return of the worst thread topic.

But we're not talking about temperature scales...

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Ya'll
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Sweet tea is the light

Look at this one-two punch of wrongness

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Sweet tea is poison and kiiiiinda tastes like it too.

But I drink bubble tea, or whatever the kids are calling it these days, so I’m not exactly in a position to judge.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Sweet tea is great ya'll

Sometimes I like to have some tea in my sugar.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I should rather like to fall in love with a nice English lady with whom I can chat with and share a pot of tea.

I’m very close to a 7 month deployment and I reckon it’ll be my last because I’m finding it tough to keep a relationship and my job in the military. In the meantime I’m not using any apps, I’m just too old fashioned.

But! A very pretty woman at a jewellery shop was totally flirting with me today and that cheered me up! I still got it!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I don't believe in the supernatural at all, but I feel haunted by the past in a way that's difficult to talk about with a different word

I'm thinking more about things as a lead up to that meeting with a therapist next week

And I just saw one of my best friends last night and it was awesome, but man was it ever a reminder of where my life was when I met him about three years ago

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah it just asked me what my first name was and I put something else
    When I started uploading videos of my Overwatch crap to YouTube, they wanted me to enter my last name (my account first name was apparently "Henroid" this whole time; I managed to avoid their temporary forced Google+ integration somehow). So I put McInternet. FOOLED THEM HA.

Fuck OKCupid by the way, hell of a way to make me go "eh, screw that."

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Also, there's a pretty decent, really clean little bar right down the road from my apartment

I heard it was one of the only bars in town where you could smoke, so I avoided it, but it's smoke free now and it looks recently remodeled

It's almost all bottle beer with only four taps, but it was really nice there

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

But we're not talking about temperature scales...

or pineapple on pizza

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Sweet tea is poison and kiiiiinda tastes like it too.

But I drink bubble tea, or whatever the kids are calling it these days, so I’m not exactly in a position to judge.

I take my bubble tea unsweetened.
    The pearls are still sweet, so it's not sugarless, but it's much more refreshing.

• Options
    Sweet tea

y'all

pineapple on pizza

hate anything but normal potato chips

it's me, I'm the white

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Sweet tea

y'all

pineapple on pizza

hate anything but normal potato chips

it's me, I'm the white

It was legitimately distressing how uninterested Americans were in Ketchup chips

This is the food of my people and you are rejecting it

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
This discussion has been closed.