As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't think it's entirely impossible we don't see a counselor offline mode, even if it's just the dumb AI Jason they were worried about releasing. Enough people seem to be requesting it on the internet that they might eventually put something out. I've seen rumors that it's the morph ability that's holding them back or something? I dunno... I'm sure coding it is a nightmare, but maybe they could just give AI Jason a morph with no cooldown and a larger range for his passive ability to sense counselors.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I'd like to know if the devs have any plans for a sequel. This (ironically) doesn't feel like a game that needs one, but Friday the 13th! Maybe they have plans for Nightmare on Elm Street?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Freddy was licensed to Dead By Daylight a competitor, doubtful he'll show up in f13.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I'd like to know if the devs have any plans for a sequel. This (ironically) doesn't feel like a game that needs one, but Friday the 13th! Maybe they have plans for Nightmare on Elm Street?

Jason X DLC is in the works I believe. There's some more maps they could do too, I think. The ship from part 8, perhaps even Times Square? Not sure how Times Square would work though... The only thing I can think of is needing to power up an old subway car to get away. Call the cops would work too, I guess.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Freddy was licensed to Dead By Daylight a competitor, doubtful he'll show up in f13.

I meant a proper NoeS game.

I'm looking forward to the Grendel map, kind of eh on Uber Jason though. He'll have to be humorously OP to do that version any justice. Guessing Manhattan would involve the sewers somehow.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Jason X DLC is in the works I believe. There's some more maps they could do too, I think. The ship from part 8, perhaps even Times Square? Not sure how Times Square would work though... The only thing I can think of is needing to power up an old subway car to get away. Call the cops would work too, I guess.

Virtual Cabin Spoilers...
    If you complete all of the Cabin. When you open the final door and it opens up into The Grendal and when you open a door, Uber Jason X stomps through and stabs you with a machete

There was also talks about putting in Pamela or Roy from Part 5. But I also heard rumors that they were going to make a Trouble In Terrorist Town style game mode called Paranoia. Seemed like everyone would play counselors and one person is the killer. So lots of betrayal and instilling panic. Battle Chads with permanent Chad faces as fellow Chads are found dead in their Chad Thongs.

Preacher wrote: »

I meant a proper NoeS game.

I'm looking forward to the Grendel map, kind of eh on Uber Jason though. He'll have to be humorously OP to do that version any justice. Guessing Manhattan would involve the sewers somehow.

I'm hoping Uber Jason can smash through doors and walls in one hit. Maybe not on the Grendel, but on the other maps it'd be neat.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    I don't think it's entirely impossible we don't see a counselor offline mode, even if it's just the dumb AI Jason they were worried about releasing. Enough people seem to be requesting it on the internet that they might eventually put something out. I've seen rumors that it's the morph ability that's holding them back or something? I dunno... I'm sure coding it is a nightmare, but maybe they could just give AI Jason a morph with no cooldown and a larger range for his passive ability to sense counselors.

I don’t see what is insurmountable about writing an AI for Jason, aside from Gun being a small team and not having the time / money to pull it off.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    I imagine Gun has the money, but not the experience. They've made an enjoyable game, top five of the year for me, but some of the missteps show their inexperience. I mean, it's an online game and they didn't anticipate hosts rage quitting.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    If they don't eventually add Pamela Voorhees I will be mega fucking pissed.

She was the original and the best.

How would Pamela even work? I've seen people request floating head Pamela as well, which, just, boggles mind.

edited January 2018
    I dunno if Pamela was the best, but I'd love to see her added. Maybe they could record some little kid lines so that when you play as her, Jason is the one talking in her head.

"Kill her! Kill her, mommy!"

Edit: Or just have the Pamela VA record those lines, so it's like the first movie and she's crazy talking to herself.

Skull2185 on
    edited January 2018
    How would Pamela even work?

Exactly the same way Jason does.

Magic Pink on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    How would Pamela even work? I've seen people request floating head Pamela as well, which, just, boggles mind.

I mean, why the hell not? It's a story about a crazed zombie who wants to murder all the children and young adults at his lakeside camp site. Go all out, floating head sounds awesome.

I mean, why the hell not? It's a story about a crazed zombie who wants to murder all the children and young adults at his lakeside camp site. Go all out, floating head sounds awesome.

Plus it's another great homage to the great NES game. But there's no reason to not just use a Pamela skin. Honestly, that's the only way we'd ever get her anyway; they're not going to do the extra work to make it an actual makes-sense-within-context mode. I mean they'd have to design a second "kill Pamela" system, change Tommy to Alice, and give her a few slightly different powers since she relied on stealth and surprise rather than strength and endless constitution. And considering how amazingly sexist the average fan of F13 is, it's not worth the effort.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Plus it's another great homage to the great NES game. But there's no reason to not just use a Pamela skin. Honestly, that's the only way we'd ever get her anyway; they're not going to do the extra work to make it an actual makes-sense-within-context mode. I mean they'd have to design a second "kill Pamela" system, change Tommy to Alice, and give her a few slightly different powers since she relied on stealth and surprise rather than strength and endless constitution. And considering how amazingly sexist the average fan of F13 is, it's not worth the effort.

Maybe 'great' isn't the best word for that NES game, but I enjoyed it too. :biggrin:

edited January 2018
    She didn't even rely on stealth that much. Most of her victims just had their guard down because she was a normal looking lady. Hell, the head counselor even asks what she is doing out there. None of the Jason abilities would really apply to her, she wasn't durable at all, at best she'd be a counselor skin. Going against her would essentially be easy mode.

Capt Howdy on

Correction there, Koopah, Jason never killed kids. And he wasn't a Zombie until part VI. Do you even Friday the 13th, bro???

Correction there, Koopah, Jason never killed kids. And he wasn't a Zombie until part VI. Do you even Friday the 13th, bro???

Oh, I guess you're right. In the NES game he does.

And also, really? Isn't he a Zombie like immediately? He got drowned, as in dead, as a kid, but he's not considered a Zombie until 6?

The whole thing is supposed to be like a campfire ghost story, so the truth gets muddled a bit. Jason is very much not dead in part II. He's a literal zombie in part 6 cuz he's dead (and for some reason just buried in his jumpsuit and mask...) but then Tommy Jarvis stabs the corpse with a piece of a gate, which then gets struck by lightning and reanimates him into a super zombie.

And if you treat part 9 as "canon" then "Jason" is actually a gross poop demon slug that lives in the heart and is spit into a new body when the need arises. But otherwise is immortal and can only be killed by another Voorhees.

edited January 2018
    He's not buried with his mask in VI, Tommy tosses the mask onto Jason after he digs him up and stabs him a few times.

Oh, I guess you're right. In the NES game he does.

And also, really? Isn't he a Zombie like immediately? He got drowned, as in dead, as a kid, but he's not considered a Zombie until 6?

No body, not dead. You know the trope Koopah.
    Jason is a living breathing human in II, III, and IV.
    Roy Burns in V.
    Zombie Jason in VI, VII, VIII.
    IX Jason is a body jumping demon slug.
    X introduces the idea that Jason heals and regenerates with time, like a slow powered Wolverine, so he is 80/20 human-zombie.

Capt Howdy on
    edited January 2018
    Friday has weird lore. :bzz:

KoopahTroopah on
    And it's not a jumpsuit @Skull2185

Meyers wears the jump suit. Kane Hodder would choke you if you said that in front of him.

Interesting side note: The director of Jason Goes to Hell said he was trying to make it canon that Pamela used the Necronomicon to bring Jason back as a deadite. Which explains why it made an appearance in the movie. The studio said no, and they didn't have the rights.

And it's not a jumpsuit @Skull2185

Meyers wears the jump suit. Kane Hodder would choke you if you said that in front of him.

Huh, it IS a shirt and pants... I always thought it was like, a janitor's jumpsuit or something.

God, you frickin nerd!
    <3

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The whole thing is supposed to be like a campfire ghost story, so the truth gets muddled a bit. Jason is very much not dead in part II. He's a literal zombie in part 6 cuz he's dead (and for some reason just buried in his jumpsuit and mask...) but then Tommy Jarvis stabs the corpse with a piece of a gate, which then gets struck by lightning and reanimates him into a super zombie.

And if you treat part 9 as "canon" then "Jason" is actually a gross poop demon slug that lives in the heart and is spit into a new body when the need arises. But otherwise is immortal and can only be killed by another Voorhees.

Part 9 is the most out of canon movie that is in canon. It essentially makes Jason a Deadite and that comes back up in the Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash comic book.

For me Jason when he comes back is simply a Revenant. Driven by his anger and his rage he haunts Crystal Lake always making them pay.
    That or Jason X where its implied that over a long enough period he is actual Wolverine who can regenerate over time from any wound. Prefrozen Jason X had the healed face of Kane Hodder.

Then you have Freddy VS Jason where his body just sprouts out around his newly beating heart. Don't know what to make of that one.

I like to think of Jason Goes to hell as the campfire story, while 1-8 are the real events. JGTH is a counselor telling kids the story of Jason, but the kids keeps asking "how and why" questions until they get super scared and the counselor has to ensure them Jason is dead. After hearing the true tales of 1-8, only a really confusing and out of place tale would work to convince the children Jason won't be coming for them. ts really the only way that movie makes any sense with the established lore.

"Healed" face of Kane Hodder. It was still all mongoloid messed up, but without the copious battle damage.

I like to think Freddy vs Jason is a parallel universe. Jason's mask doesn't have the machete cut in it in FvJ.

As long as money and time pan out, I should be meeting Kane Hodder at Days of the Dead in ATL next month. Damn shame I don't have a VII mask for him to sign. A friendly handshake and choking should suffice, and hopefully he will sign my copy of Crystal Lake Memories.

I know we've kinda veered off-topic a little, but just wanted to share:

A brand new documentary centered around part 3 is releasing this Saturday. It'll be uploaded to Youtube for free.

Anywho, I don't really see a way to make Pamela a playable killer in this game that wouldn't call for massive redesigns. Floating Pamela head could be an Easter egg or random encounter. Perhaps a 5% chance a counselor entering Jason's shack gets attacked by floating NES Pamela head?

Pamela should play in first person instead of 3rd person. I remember all the kills in the first movie being POV shots.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    Really doubt Gun Media could implement true first person in the current game.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Anywho, I don't really see a way to make Pamela a playable killer in this game that wouldn't call for massive redesigns. Floating Pamela head could be an Easter egg or random encounter. Perhaps a 5% chance a counselor entering Jason's shack gets attacked by floating NES Pamela head?
    Pamela was able to kill folk because nobody suspected her. So just have N+1 counselors, and have one of the counselors be "Pamela." Hidden killer mode. Shouldn't require massive redesigns.

That's why I said it would essentially be easy mode; one shotgun blast or pocketknife to the throat and she's dead. And they would have to turn team killing back on or it becomes way too easy to figure out who the "Pamela" is.

They can add Pamela, but she's always in her jeep. Also the jeep can enter buildings.

jdarksun wrote: »
    Pamela was able to kill folk because nobody suspected her. So just have N+1 counselors, and have one of the counselors be "Pamela." Hidden killer mode. Shouldn't require massive redesigns.

That's what people thought was going to happen when they were teasing "Paranoia" on their twitter and sub-reddit. A possible Trouble In Terrorist Town style gameplay where one person is the killer and the other counsilers have to figure out who it is and stop them. Sowing fear and discord among your friends. It would be like Mario Party. We start out as the best of friends we think the fun never ends. By the end we don't trust each other and we want to murder each other.

It honestly would be the best way to do Pamela or Roy (Ray? ...Fake Jason from Part 5).

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Jason was a "relatively" human slasher in the first 5 movies. Only after that did they start with the silly magic zombie stuff because let's face it you just run out of ideas at a certain point.

Friday the 13th was pretty much the Saw of the 80s.

Silly magic Jason is the best Jason.

This is objectively true.

MrBody wrote: »
    Jason was a "relatively" human slasher in the first 5 movies. Only after that did they start with the silly magic zombie stuff because let's face it you just run out of ideas at a certain point.

Friday the 13th was pretty much the Saw of the 80s.

Movies 2 - 4 all take place like over a 2 week period. Literally every time Jason gets taken down he get slightly more pissed. Part 4 is literally Jason with a Maxed Out Rage meter. He ran out of all fucks to give and was just out to murder everything in his path.

Kane Hodder might have defined undead Jason, but Part 4 Jason literally was like "I could come inside but I'll just grab you through this window and slam you into your car below."