As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Dark Magics

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Dark Magics

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    I must have missed this episode of Acq Inc... Anyone have a youtube link?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh shit, i have that hoodie now.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I must have missed this episode of Acq Inc... Anyone have a youtube link?

It isn't on YouTube yet, but it is on Twitch, in the PAX stream's previous videos. It's split across two vids.

And, yeah, it was pretty amazing.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Oh, shit, Omin rockin' that old skool Avandra bling!

• Options
    timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    Cursed Jim real Jim 2018.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Let Strix cull a surplus Jim from the existing herd.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    original definitely Evil Jim.
    so is clone Eviler Jim, or what?

• Options
    Bobart RobskyBobart Robsky Registered User regular
    original definitely Evil Jim.
    so is clone Eviler Jim, or what?

It's more likely holier-than-thou Jim.

• Options
    MarkD1159MarkD1159 Registered User regular
    The last time I was able to see Jim's character sheet, I think his alignment was "the best."

So, that's what we have there...

• Options
    RigamarawRigamaraw Registered User regular
    That was my favorite moment from the PAX show. Jim's insane reaction, and Mike's wild-eyed disbelief. Other-Jim has Jim's soul though, so isn't he, technically speaking, the real Jim?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Having not watched the new episode, and also not having time to do so, can someone spoiler for me if there are any functional differences between original Jim and EvilJim?

oJim and eJim.

• Options
    For what it's worth, I fully expect Original Jim to be the asshole the world is better off without, and for him to say "screw that" and shank his double (especially if the latter is a better person) out of sheer asshole-ishness. It seems perfectly in character for what we've seen of him so far.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Having not watched the new episode, and also not having time to do so, can someone spoiler for me if there are any functional differences between original Jim and EvilJim?

oJim and eJim.

We don't know yet. We just know that a clone has woken up with Jim's soul and each one has a deep desire to kill the other one. If we go by the Clone spell though, the new clone is physically identical and has all the same capabilities. The only thing different should be that the new clone will not have original Jim's equipment.

Honestly, the clone Jim should be the real Jim now. He has Jim's soul. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Rigamaraw wrote: »
    That was my favorite moment from the PAX show. Jim's insane reaction, and Mike's wild-eyed disbelief. Other-Jim has Jim's soul though, so isn't he, technically speaking, the real Jim?

Would have been mine, too.

*sigh*

• Options
    Huttj509Huttj509 Registered User regular
    @LUCASCRAFT we don't really know. It was basically the cliffhanger stinger to presumably lead into next PAX.

Climactic fight, otherworld thing dying, souls released, and Jim wakes up in a glass coffin, knowing there's another Jim, and he HATES him.

Then back to the Jim on stage, who has the same feeling. Revelation of clone having been made, group leaves the area of the dying creature, end show.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, that's the only thing I'm a bit confused about. Was Jim Prime's decay actually caused by the Soul Monger, or was it an artifact of the cloning process?

EDIT: It's also so profoundly perfect that Omin's gesture of love towards Jim was to violate his trust. That's so impressively on-brand, it hurts.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    So won't the real evil Jim please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    TAFKAPTAFKAP Warrior-Jumper Registered User regular
    Let me get this straight...
    In this strip of Mike and Jerry's comic-about-video-games-and-gaming-culture...
    Mike and Jerry present their alter-egos, Gabe and Tycho...
    talking about a D&D game...
    created for a show in M&J's convention about video-games-and-gaming-culture...
    created as a by-product of their comic-about-video-games-and-gaming-culture...
    and about M&J's other alter-egos, Jim and Omin...
    and how Jerry conspired with the DM to allow Omin "lovingly" to stab Jim in the back.

That's pretty meta.

• Options
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the only thing I'm a bit confused about. Was Jim Prime's decay actually caused by the Soul Monger, or was it an artifact of the cloning process?

EDIT: It's also so profoundly perfect that Omin's gesture of love towards Jim was to violate his trust. That's so impressively on-brand, it hurts.

It was due to the Soul Monger. All creatures that had ever been brought back from the dead were slowly dying again as the soul monger took the souls. The cloning process is just a back up plan for a wizard (or anyone who knows the spell) so they don't have to rely on someone else bringing them back if they die.

IhtGIyi.png