Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Happy 1st Anniversary!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Interesting, choose your legends 2 coming. Also this starter pack is a pretty ok deal. Only $4 is not so bad. It's too bad Black Knight got power creeped by himself though :P

Edit:
    DT6hdAoWsAA-qv1.jpg

Edit 2: I just realized we are literally getting another TT mini after this one ends. That's a bit crazy

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'm happy about it though. I missed out on the Black Knight tempest trial, and I don't think that I'll have the orb budget to pick up Zelgius. Even if he power creeped himself, BK is still pretty darn good.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'm happy about it though. I missed out on the Black Knight tempest trial, and I don't think that I'll have the orb budget to pick up Zelgius. Even if he power creeped himself, BK is still pretty darn good.

Yeah, he is honestly probably the best choice to offer there. It's just amusing that it's at the same time his power crept copy is on a banner :P Like, it seems like they'd have to make it a hero given out for free to avoid complaints. And of all the free ones they've done, he is probably the best (not counting the choose your legends free hero, but I think new players still get that?), especially for new players since his default skills are very good out of the box. He was also long enough ago that many people may not have him.

The only other reasonable options would have been Xander or Camus but that would have created ennnnnnnnnnnndless bitching (seriously though, where is their GHB rerun at this point? They aren't even that good anymore compared to Brave Roy or Sigurd or what have you...)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    okay i am in conundrum. I am trying to make an armor emblem. my best units are as follows.
    I have
    2 hectors both +def -res
    2 amelias +HP -def, -spd+def,
    1 winter robin -atk +def,
    1 winter tharja +atk -res
    1 effie -atk + def,
    1 black knight.
    1 zephiel (inherited distant counter)
    1 arden

I am a F2p so my inherit options are rather limited. I am willing skill fodder the extra amelia and extra hector.
    what would you do?

my current thoughts
    tharja
    hector
    effie/robin?
    zeph/ black knight?
    give distant counter to effie/robin. This one is killing me i have one distant counter and it seem like a tough choice for me.
    robin has armor march and i think having two with that skill maybe better or should i focus stat buffs?

• Options
    When fighting armor emblem in the arena, W!Tharja and black knight are the hardest for me to crack if I can't get a hard counter like a Triangle Adept 3 blue into place. Alondite + Vantage + Black Luna is no joke.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    LYON GHB!? NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, I'M SO HYPED.

EDIT: Oh, is it already time for a new banner? I guess it's a whole week from now. Hopefully it's a Sacred Stones banner to go with Lyon. GIVE ME DUESSEL AND MYRRH!

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Leon GHB and a Sacred Stones banner/mini TT sounds amazing. Looks like there will be a new heroes banner as well as a Valentines banner or something..

Wonder if they are holding anything back on that calendar. Still no word on what that version update could contain, so there are certainly some surprises.

New CYL is cool, but I do hope they disqualify all the previous winners (including Lute Dorcas Joshua).

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh good, someone else besides me thinks the Mini TT is gonna be Sacred Stones. I've had Tana and Amelia on the TT backburner, waiting for an SS one. Even though new heroes means it's likely they aren't bonus units: 3 new banner heroes + Lyon, the twins, a rerun Joshua, then a wildcard which probably won't be Sharena because they need to fill out a TT banner. As much as I hope for another shot at Lute, Innes or Amelia would be a better color distribution.

I wonder what sort of unit Lyon's gonna be. Probably a red mage, but I'd hope they'd distinguish him from Arvis (and Oliver) somehow. Maaaaaaaaaybe an armored mage? So he can team up with my Amelia for the TT? I dunno, this post has been nothing but conjecture but even by those standards, it's a stretch. We don't know if the Trials or the banner is Sacred Stones related but it's fun to hypothesize.

SPEAKING OF SPECULATING, who's gonna be on the banner which is 100% gonna be Sacred Stones? My main hope is Myrrh, who, as much as I have a hard time believing is going to be a dragon flier, was canonically exactly that. For some reason I always picture her as green, but it's just-as-if-not-more possible she'll be red. Which is exactly what my Flier Emblem needs. Maybe with Dark Breath or Flametongue. Duessel's the other one I'm waiting for and I mean, why not? We could use an axe-wielding cavalier worth getting excited over. L'arachel seems like a sure bet, and I secretly hope she kicks off a new era of good staff-wielders rather than be a blue mage. Even though they just paved the way with Light tomes, she's gonna have issues standing out from the last two we just got, not to mention competing with Reinhardt. I've seen it suggested that since she's the only one in Sacred Stones able to wield both of her nation's sacred treasures, that she uses Ivaldi as an attack and Latona as a healing spell.

Aside from that, Marisa, Tethys, Ewan, and Cormag all seem like good candidates... Good lord, how long have I been typing?

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Just going to alternate my votes between Nephenee and Morgan.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Illieas wrote: »
    okay i am in conundrum. I am trying to make an armor emblem. my best units are as follows.
    I have
    2 hectors both +def -res
    2 amelias +HP -def, -spd+def,
    1 winter robin -atk +def,
    1 winter tharja +atk -res
    1 effie -atk + def,
    1 black knight.
    1 zephiel (inherited distant counter)
    1 arden

I am a F2p so my inherit options are rather limited. I am willing skill fodder the extra amelia and extra hector.
    what would you do?

my current thoughts
    tharja
    hector
    effie/robin?
    zeph/ black knight?
    give distant counter to effie/robin. This one is killing me i have one distant counter and it seem like a tough choice for me.
    robin has armor march and i think having two with that skill maybe better or should i focus stat buffs?

I'd probably say:
    -Black Knight
    -Hector
    -Winter Robin
    -Winter Tharja

The Winter Robin one is a little of a toss up here. The good thing about him is he requires very little work to be good, so he'll do some good work for you out of the box (and he comes with armor march which is fantastic). Effie on the other hand can be merged to +10 eventually with enough feathers due to being available in 4*, along with being able to find a better IV version of her as well (because yuck -ATK, though her ATK stat is so insanely high it's less of a detriment on her). The only problem is she requires a bit of effort to build (she absolutely needs Brave Lance+, though at least this is available with a Donnel who is pretty easy to get). So I think that's up to you. It might be worth using Robin for now but *not* giving him Distant Counter, waiting until you can build up a better Effie and give it to her instead (she does amazing with it - at least based on how much I hate fighting them in Arena :D).

Winter Tharja is just an insanely good unit and you have great IVs on her. Close Counter and her insane stats and skills just make her a nightmare in arena. And Black Knight outclasses Zephiel. Your Hector also has pretty good IVs so he's a good choice for green.

Amelia is good but she kind of does the same job as Hector but without the distant counter or fancy legendary weapon with built in QR2. I had one on my team but replaced her with Halloween Henry as soon as I got him since he also has Armor March along with actually having the utility of being a ranged unit :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Also, you really only need one armor march. I've found I much prefer having 3 goad/wards instead to create an impenetrable deathball.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Gah, CYL 2... Do I devote all my nominations to one hero or a bunch of different ones!? Do I focus on heroes in the game or outside the game? I know it doesn't matter but that somehow makes it matter more.

Anyway, hopefully they polish up the poll this time, combine muiltiple instances of the same hero in the final results, etc... Who do y'all think is gonna get a way higher rank thanks to Heroes being out for a year. I'm guessing Ayra but mostly Reinhardt.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    So, looking at this schedule again... we're getting another FEH Channel soon, right? There's a lot of really mysterious stuff here that I think necessitates one (plus I mean, you gotta for the anniversary...). In particular:
    • New Version on 2/7 - Being basically on the anniversary (a few days late but close enough) I feel like this could have some hype changes in it (like when they added the weapon refinery, etc). My fingers are still crossed for a shakeup of the 5* pool.
    • "New Heroes" and Legendary Summoning event. I kind of agree the new heroes will probably be Sacred Stones. But with two "mysterious" banners coming out around the same time, it makes sense to showcase those in a FEH Channel.
    • "Special Heroes Summoning Event" - this one I'm reaaaaal curious about. I suppose this could just be a cryptic way of saying it's a Valentine's banner? (with "Special" meaning limited time?) But it's weird how they worded that as "Special" Heroes.
    • New Choose Your Legends - I'd think they would want to hype this up more to get lots of people voting.
    • "1st Anniversary Celebration" - this could just be an orb drop, but it's so vague that it might be something more like quests or special missions or something. It could even be like an orb drop, but with extra stuff each day (like instead of 1 orb, maybe you get 1 orb, 1 sacred coin, 1 refinery stone or something). Edit: I just realized there's a separate orb drop column colored yellow at the same time, so I guess it's not that :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    But what if Hector wins... what would a powercreeped Hector even look like? Maybe just a built-in everyone breaker? Stacking buff for the remainder of the map/TT for every unit he kills?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    They always use the prefix Special Heroes for seasonals. I'm just wondering if they're gonna rerun Bridal Blessings for Valentine's or make us wait till May.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Talith wrote: »
    But what if Hector wins... what would a powercreeped Hector even look like? Maybe just a built-in everyone breaker? Stacking buff for the remainder of the map/TT for every unit he kills?

latest?cb=20170508103958

:3

Edit: Oh god, Reinhardt is totally gonna win the men's now, right? hahahaha

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Oh, right, Hector. Yeah, he's absolutely going to win. Our new Brave Hero, ladies and gentlemen.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    They'll change his axe to a dragon's breath so that he can counter when attacked by Brave Lyn. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'd be more than satisfied with Hector and Babyhands taking the men's division. Rein especially, coming from absolute obscurity to become the unofficial face of the game.

As for the ladies' division, Lyn's disqualified, so instead everyone votes for the separate and distinct character, Brave Lyn. All hail our overlord Brave Brave Lyn. Comes with the Brave Brave Bow, which instead of a speed penalty, gives a bonus to speed. Plus Cancel Affinity because fuck you.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'd be more than satisfied with Hector and Babyhands taking the men's division. Rein especially, coming from absolute obscurity to become the unofficial face of the game.

As for the ladies' division, Lyn's disqualified, so instead everyone votes for the separate and distinct character, Brave Lyn. All hail our overlord Brave Brave Lyn. Comes with a Brave Bow, but instead of a speed penalty it gives a bonus to speed.

Braver Lyn :3 The game's first flying bow user. Her bow will also automatically quad instead of double and give her built-in Iote's Shield :3 Also she can move 5 spaces for some reason and comes with a 2 turn cooldown galeforce (which also provides the effect of Black Luna when triggered).

Edit: For real though, I do hope they make the original four winners ineligible this time. We don't need ANOTHER Brave Lyn.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Braver Lyn will be a cannoneer with 3 range, bonus to damage stacking, and anti-armor.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Braver Lyn will be a cannoneer with 3 range, bonus to damage stacking, and anti-armor.

Braver Lucina as Witch class, complete with teleport?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    For a serious one, I'd love to see Brave Robin with a Levin Sword as his (well, I'd prefer HER but no one else seems to like female Robin :() weapon - basically a tome with built-in close counter :D

Instead though, we'll probably get Brave Batre and Brave Wrys :P

• Options
    Oh fuck I forgot about them. I'm voting Bartre 7 times and there's nothing you can do about it.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Braver Lucina as Witch class, complete with teleport?

That means either Tharja or Camilla will be a Dreadfighter. It will have immunity to debuffs, deathblow, and the magic version of steady stance.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    For a serious one, I'd love to see Brave Robin with a Levin Sword as his (well, I'd prefer HER but no one else seems to like female Robin :() weapon - basically a tome with built-in close counter :D

Instead though, we'll probably get Brave Batre and Brave Wrys :P

Gotta be Male Robin so we can get Female Morgan. Levin sword and Rally Spectrum please.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Robin using a sword? He would never do such a thing, neither in his base class nor fighting game crossovers. Everyone knows he's all about lances.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'd love a Brave Cherche but I'm not sure what she could possibly be other than a green melee flier.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Robin using a sword? He would never do such a thing, neither in his base class nor fighting game crossovers. Everyone knows he's all about lances.

Cannot tell if serious, so I will post this anyways:
    250px-Robin_SSB4.png

Also Rally Spectrum would be sweet. Then he needs some powered up version of Ignis.

Edit:
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I'd love a Brave Cherche but I'm not sure what she could possibly be other than a green melee flier.

She can class change to any of these in Awakening:
    https://levelskip.com/rpgs/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Cherche-Info

Not that I think they'd make her a War Cleric :P Considering Minerva is kind of an important part of her character arch, I imagine they'd just make her a Wyvern Lord though.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yeah I was kidding, I've got the amiibo over on my shelf. I kinda wonder if Levin Sword would work as a low-powered inheritable distant counter weapon.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I was kidding, I've got the amiibo over on my shelf. I kinda wonder if Levin Sword would work as a low-powered inheritable distant counter weapon.

I suspect they'd make it an non-inheritable legendary if they went the Brave Robin route. But maybe if it shows up on another unit (i.e. seasonal banner or whatever) I could see it. But then they don't tend to make any of the distant counter weapons inheritable... (this one would be a little unique since it's a base ranged magic one too, so it technically is close counter :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yeah, inheritable Distant Counter would be a big departure from their current philosophy. But Distant Counter weapons seem to be becoming less and less valuable, especially on swords. Maybe one day they'll take the plunge and give them to everyone.

Or maybe they could go completely off the wall and make a Levin Sword/Javelin/Hand Axe that you can only attack at range with. That would probably break the game structure too much, though.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, inheritable Distant Counter would be a big departure from their current philosophy. But Distant Counter weapons seem to be becoming less and less valuable, especially on swords. Maybe one day they'll take the plunge and give them to everyone.

Or maybe they could go completely off the wall and make a Levin Sword/Javelin/Hand Axe that you can only attack at range with. That would probably break the game structure too much, though.

Hehe well Dorcus kind of has a version of the hand axe already, but they made it legendary and it is basically just a melee weapon with distant counter. It would be interesting if they did invent some new weapons like that though. Maybe Levin Sword would be a good catalyst to do something like that.

I am still waiting for them to give Distant Counter A skill to someone other than Hector. It's really odd to me that he's the only one with that. Even more than one hero has Close Counter now (albeit a seasonal hero)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I'm still saying Levin Sword should be a 2 range magic damage sword with close counter built in.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I am still waiting for them to give Distant Counter A skill to someone other than Hector. It's really odd to me that he's the only one with that. Even more than one hero has Close Counter now (albeit a seasonal hero)

Brave Bartre will have it.

And Levin Sword will be the name of a tome. Although now that I think of it, we've never gotten a weapon with built-in Close Counter, huh?

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    I want Brave F!Robin. Also brave F!Morgan...

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I think they'll just make it a tome (and yeah, close counter in general is super rare.. distant counter is on every weapon under the sun at this point). What im curious about though is the color. It looks to me like Awakening treats it as a sword for weapon triangle purposes, but it's technically lightning (green) damage. So would it be a red tome or green? Would it be affected by skills like swordbreaker (I think it is in Awakening?).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Fire Emblem has Shockstick, Bolt Naginata, and Bolt Axe for spear and axe versions of the Levin Sword.

They could do something like make Bolt versions of each inheritable and make the Levin sword a PrF.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'll also accept a joke hero. Smash bros Robin. A dagger unit where you throw the book at them.

The attack animation will be Robin quickly flipping the book open and through its pages as magical effects go off, then just tossing the book at the enemy.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Make it a brave weapon, one magic hit and then one physical hit for the book :D

7244qyoka3pp.gif