Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Is there a way on consoles to shrink or minimize the chat window?

Also, I was totally Day 1 Guy from that video, spastically bouncing all over the very first level, trying to figure out how to open the door, and failing to realize the button was right there.

Join the xbox clan. Switch the chat to clan. Forget the other channels exist
    How I mine fish?

Sorry, I didn't see any mention of an Xbox clan in the OP.

technically there isn't one. it's... just a collective of tenno mercenaries.

@dporowski can invite you if there's space, IDK if there is...

Preacher, not sure if we need to kick just your name popped up at the top of my head :P

I'll take a look. I THINK everyone currently in has logged in within the past not-overly-long, but I can't recall. I'm resistant to bumping a tier up since I really don't wanna hang a 0 on the end of all of our research costs...

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I have space in my clan, maybe 4-5 spots. Most things researched and it's in the alliance. Most of the people there play Australian time zones though.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    TigrisP set complete once I have the mastery. BansheeP cooking.

Finished War Within and stayed up way to late cause there wasn’t a good stopping point. I’d call in but my wife would scold me so it’ll be easier to go to work as a zombie. The bike ride is more difficult.

• Options
    Fuck wikia.

An ad with a notification now has the browser I use for it held hostage. Not sure HoT to refresh that on iOS, and if I delete I doubt I can be bothered to redownload

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Fuck wikia.

An ad with a notification now has the browser I use for it held hostage. Not sure HoT to refresh that on iOS, and if I delete I doubt I can be bothered to redownload

you can close safari and it should close the tab/notification? you sound like my mom. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I used airplane mode so it couldn’t load, darn kids.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I had great fun blocking wikia's ad-blocker blocker functions.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Is it not possible to get Orokin cells from extractors? I pretty much exclusively put my extractors on Saturn and Ceres and have never gotten a single one. Is the drop rate just very low?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    Is it not possible to get Orokin cells from extractors? I pretty much exclusively put my extractors on Saturn and Ceres and have never gotten a single one. Is the drop rate just very low?

Very low drop rate. Very possible to get.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

it's a 3%~ chance

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It definitely led me on a mission to murder their ability to hijack my browser.

Though I find it much less likely to go full Skynet on me if I use the in-Steam browser. Doesn't always stop the annoying auto-playing videos with the sound cranked, but it's a start, and avoids me having to mess with my phone or tab out to get info (err, in that tabbing to the overlay is faster for my system than minimizing the program entirely).

But yes, those aspects of the generic wikia platform are obnoxious trash fires. You don't get to fuck with my browser and then bitch when I decide to neuter your ability to fuck with my browser.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    I’m testing out Firefox Focus now.

I end up looking stuff up on my phone a lot while missions load.

Also, suggestions for leveling frames after 20, it’s slowed down a lot. I can survive 20 minutes at Ani no prob, but that’s only about 1 level. Hydron seems like I’d be a problem for the team. I have Hek to carry me, but they’re still pretty tough.

• Options
    Ghoul bounties are back.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

Also, suggestions for leveling frames after 20, it’s slowed down a lot. I can survive 20 minutes at Ani no prob, but that’s only about 1 level. Hydron seems like I’d be a problem for the team. I have Hek to carry me, but they’re still pretty tough.

Endless Missions are great. Survival for an hour will max anything from 0 without a booster. Probably less than that as well. Other than that quick end game spy missions I guess? It does get slow.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Survival is what I normally go for. I just bring a weapon that can carry me for at least 20 minutes.

• Options
    All component blueprints for Gara gathered. Now I only need to....Mine fish? How Do I Mine Fish?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, now that's a flood of nostalgia.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Leveling things above 20 will slow down a lot, especially if you're doing it solo. Spy missions are ideal for such a situation, assuming you are good at getting the things undetected.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    All component blueprints for Gara gathered. Now I only need to....Mine fish? How Do I Mine Fish?

With the dye and spear you get from the merchant in Cetus. I think. I actually haven't done it yet. Throwing spears at fish isn't very appealing when I could be doing anything else in Warframe.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options

With the dye and spear you get from the merchant in Cetus. I think. I actually haven't done it yet. Throwing spears at fish isn't very appealing when I could be doing anything else in Warframe.

...someone hasn't played Warcraft...

• Options

The RTS? I have. What do you mean?

--

Holy shit I found out you can swap shoulders in this game! Was that always a thing? Now to figure out what key to bind it to.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Fishing in Warframe is actually a lot of fun and relaxing. Probably the best fishing minigame I've ever played.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

--

Holy shit I found out you can swap shoulders in this game! Was that always a thing? Now to figure out what key to bind it to.

"How Do I Mine Fish?" is a well known World of Warcraft meme.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Buy the first spear from one of the merchants in Cetus. Equip it to your gear wheel. Find a moderate body of water, pull out the spear like you would your scanner, listen for fish, throw spear. At some point you can get dye that highlights (significantly, its so much better) the fish. Different bodies of water and different times of day allow for different types of fish.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    @tastydonuts I go for endless rifts or endless DS that are 20+

For spy, I’ve practiced and can usually get all data. I should practice with Loki or Limbo so I can do it faster.

@Taranis default is ‘H’ and I’ve only used it do shooting cameras in Corpus spy vaults, but I’m not a lefty.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Fishing seems to be broken again. Yesterday I threw a murkray bait and dye in a hot spot. Three murkrays, three goopolla, and three traloks were all that spawned. I tried again at a different hot spot and not a single fish of any kind spawned for the duration.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    fishing is relaxing, and it's also funny because you can join a pub squad during free roam and they're off doing missions or fighting eidolons or whatever on the other side of the map, and you are just sitting, watching for fish. It's even better if you aren't using the dye.

also, I finally have a soma, so I guess i'm a real warframe player now

Lalabox on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Taranis default is ‘H’ and I’ve only used it do shooting cameras in Corpus spy vaults, but I’m not a lefty.

It's really useful for shooting around corners when they're on your right side. Try it. I'm right handed and use it all the time in 3rd person shooters.

"How Do I Mine Fish?" is a well known World of Warcraft meme.

ooh. Yeah, I didn't play that much WoW.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    I’ll just throw a tentacle swarm around the corner and call it good.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I just blindly turn corners and let go with the TigrisP. I usually win, regardless of what is around the corner.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Bring Ember, press 4, walk around the level wondering where all the enemies are and why there is loot all over the place. It's pretty much Janitor Simulator.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Okay, as a new player, I can't tell whether you guys are taking the piss with these fishing comments or not.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Okay, as a new player, I can't tell whether you guys are taking the piss with these fishing comments or not.

a. Yes. You do need to fish (harpoon fishing actually) in Warframe if you want the tech associated with the Plains of Eidolon.
    b. You don't need to care about that at all until you've unlocked pretty much all the planets AND done the War Within quest.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

a. Yes. You do need to fish (harpoon fishing actually) in Warframe if you want the tech associated with the Plains of Eidolon.
    b. You don't need to care about that at all until you've unlocked pretty much all the planets AND done the War Within quest.

please also note, I run sorties and kuva siphons and still don't bother because getting a focus means practically little for meaningful endgame content with kinda sorta teralysts as the exception but only a little

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I can't roll my eyes hard enough at the idea that all Zephyr needs are stat tweaks. And I'm super disappointed that Titania's previewed Razorwing Augment does nothing for the Diwata, which was already pretty awful as an Exalted weapon.

With this and the previously suggested IPS changes they wanted to implement, I'm not super optimistic on any potential Atlas changes, either.

Sorry, being a negative nancy; I just think I'm close to putting the game down for another few months.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I like Zephyr's first and third skills. I'd like to see the second changed to something and the fourth I'm open them seeing what they can do.

Edit: Also Vauban Chassis alert up for the next hour if anyone needs it.

Kelor on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i was tempted to go and pick up dark sector the game because i remember seeing an lp of it back in the day and felt like something a little more story driven, even if the story isn't fantastic. But then as i looked it up i remembered that it got banned in australia for having too much gore back in the day, and while we do have an r rating these days, I guess they never resubmitted it for classification.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    I like Zephyr's first and third skills. I'd like to see the second changed to something and the fourth I'm open them seeing what they can do.

Edit: Also Vauban Chassis alert up for the next hour if anyone needs it.

Turbulence is like the only real reason to run Zephyr these days.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Okay, I finished the tutorial and beat up For, and now Lotus is all, "there's about a million things to do, make your own path, Lotus Out."

I feel like that old PA strip about the first Mass Effect game, told to swim in an ocean of possibility - and it's all a bit overwhelming.

I bought a better AR, slotted a couple of mods, and turned the rest into ... 'endo' I think? I also bought a bundle of 25 scanners because I noticed some objects in the early levels that required them.

I watched a video recently that suggested working towards a Rhino 'frame - is that still good advice?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I watched a video recently that suggested working towards a Rhino 'frame - is that still good advice?

Yes.

Rhino can take you through the entire star chart and really remains relevant in all content the game has.

This discussion has been closed.