As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Happy 1st Anniversary!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    In a similar vein I got around to putting reposition on the rest of my flyers and it's kind of dumb.

Starting with a unit four spaces away in a straight line, reposition them closer, they attack and kill, move back from hit and run/drag back, dance the reposition unit, reposition the attacker again to pull them back, reposition dancer back to safety too if needed with the 4th unit. I can kill stuff so deep into threat areas without ending my turn with anyone threatened this way and it's nuts. Especially if I have any terrain to abuse since I have Airzura.

Yeah reposition is nuts on fliers. It's basically OP

Have you tried it with horse emblem? You can kill an enemy 7 spaces away and reposition to safety.

I'm... not seeing how you manage to pull everyone back any further in that case.

You can't pull back any more than fliers, but with one reposition you can hit almost anything on the map (assuming there aren't obstacles in your way). Literally 3/4 of the map is in range.

Unless there's terrain, half of which fliers invalidate.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The arena maps in particular seem to be moving towards insuring that obstacles WILL be in the way of Cavalry.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I'd trade -SPD for -ATK even without the double riposte—it just happens that all three of my alternatives are -SPD, and he's had WF3 forever so I'm not investing anything in light of his new glory.

Wait you have how many spare hectors??

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ugh, I really want to keep pulling for Hinoka, but I also want an orb cache since there are 4 new banners in the next 3 weeks.

Edit: Oh hey there +Def/-Res Reinhardt and Lancina pity breaker. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Wait you have how many spare hectors??

Three. Back when the game released I rerolled my account two or three times and started with a -ATK Hector and a Young Tiki who carried me forever, and then I used almost all my stockpiled orbs sniping green on Fjorm's legendary banner and came away with four more Hectors, one of which foddered DC off to Effie and the other three sit dormant because decision paralysis.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I wish I could pull more Hectors. I've only ever pulled the one. I wish I had pulled more on that hero fest banner he was in :(

Or you know, they could just give distant counter to friggin someone else...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Wasn't there supposed to be voting today? I don't see anything.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It starts from 10pm EST according to my bulletin board.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Ah, that is random. Kinda like the FEH channels I guess.

New quests pushed me up to 160 orbs, which I consider about enough to get one focus hero. For planning purposes it is better to think that way. Then, who knows, might get one on the free summon! But probably not...

Spending 160 to get me Micaiah and Sothe was above average. Only 1 pity breaker! I like Sacred Stones, but it isn't on the level of Tellius for me. Will be able to resist spending a ton on the next couple banners.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    Ah, that is random. Kinda like the FEH channels I guess.

New quests pushed me up to 160 orbs, which I consider about enough to get one focus hero. For planning purposes it is better to think that way. Then, who knows, might get one on the free summon! But probably not...

Spending 160 to get me Micaiah and Sothe was above average. Only 1 pity breaker! I like Sacred Stones, but it isn't on the level of Tellius for me. Will be able to resist spending a ton on the next couple banners.

It's probably some prime time in Japan or something.

But speaking of, I do hope we get a FEH Channel soon. Or maybe just a full Fire Emblem Direct that covers both the anniversary and FE Switch

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I wish I could pull more Hectors. I've only ever pulled the one. I wish I had pulled more on that hero fest banner he was in :(

Or you know, they could just give distant counter to friggin someone else...

Played since day 1, have 0 hectors. Even went hector hunting on the 8% banner, which got me 4 green 5* but no hector.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm like that with Azura, the game absolutely refuses to give me any version of her, this New Year's banner is no different. :?

homogenized on
  • Options
    I've accepted that I'll never get Hinoka.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Lancina takes a lot of SP to build.

• Options
    Nothing quite like going back to your phone to see it shut off on turn 170, coming back to watching sole survivor Alphonse playing a never ending game of ring around the pillar with Takumi as his boosted stats, defiant defense, and threaten attack render him immune to Takumi's damage, but the AI isn't smart enough to stop chasing around the pillar.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Kind of interesting

Wonder how well the FEH original characters will do, assuming you actually can vote for them.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    maybe people will get an alfonse they can use

speaking of dumb ai, i had my ny corrin back himself into a corner and not be able to attack a melee unit until she chipped him to death

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It's time
    https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2/

(LOL Reinhardt is on the front page - edit: oh, it might be random, but that's a hilarious coincidence)

Edit: YES! Previous winners are ineligible! That means we'll actually get new heroes!

Also go go female Robin every day. Not spreading my votes out this year

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Just vote for more Chroms

or Camilla

can't have enough of them

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Camilla will probably win the women's without Lyn or Lucina. Not sure who else will be up there. Could see Nino rising high this time. Maybe Nephanee

Edit: Oh, Tharja. Yeah, she'll be up there too

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    It's time
    https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2/

(LOL Reinhardt is on the front page - edit: oh, it might be random, but that's a hilarious coincidence)

Edit: YES! Previous winners are ineligible! That means we'll actually get new heroes!

Also go go female Robin every day. Not spreading my votes out this year

While I am tempted to vote for one of the FEH villains like Loki or Laevatein, I'm also voting for F!Robin. Those scales won't tip themselves.

I'm also tempted to vote for F!Morgan, but I feel pretty confident that she'll eventually be added and most likely will be a powercrept unit to bait all of our orbs.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'm going to throw my weight behind Nino.

• Options
    Argggg... Went to go upgrade Fae's Lightning Breath+ at the refinery and accidentally did Light Breath+ T_T

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Picked Validar. Gotta stay true to best Dad.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I would love to know what they'd do if someone like Brigand Boss or Ashera won these.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Selkie for first vote. Wanna see some Beaststone users added.

My hope is they do them as a colorless close combat user, since we dont have those yet.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I would love to know what they'd do if someone like Brigand Boss or Ashera won these.

I want to see what happens if Surtr wins. Have fun with that one devs.

But I think I'm just going to go all-in on Anna and hope for her promoted outfit from Warriors.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I...too voted for Anna and I'm not sure how that happened. I'm okay with this though!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Voted F!Robin.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Voted F!Robin.

mls2gt56mo94.png

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    For serious though, I hope at least A Robin wins (even if it's the inferior male version)

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Which Neph are people voting for? Path of radiance or radiant dawn?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Which Neph are people voting for? Path of radiance or radiant dawn?

Path of Radiance got more votes over Radiant Dawn last time so I'm just going to stick with that.

If she had the votes from both games consolidated she would have ended up 7th IIRC.

• Options
    Alm was done dirty by his first heroes version. Maybe I'll throw him a vote. Such a beast in SoV.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Argggg... Went to go upgrade Fae's Lightning Breath+ at the refinery and accidentally did Light Breath+ T_T

i did the same exact thing

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    They are doing an informal poll on reddit. Not sure how well it will reflect the total populace, so take it with a grain of salt...

But early contenders for male are Hector, Ephraim, Reinhardt. Female is Celica and Nino.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I'll do my best!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    mts wrote: »

i did the same exact thing

It's really frustrating. I'll have enough refining stones after the arena season ends to fix it, but not enough SP on Fae (and stupid me, it costs more because it's an inherited weapon, so I wouldn't have enough anyways). Grinding out 525 SP without the warriors map on a dragon who doesn't get valor after 2x SP weekend just ended suuuuuuuuucks. I was grinding her on TT last night but I don't think that'll work as an option anymore (especially with it ending today). Still doesn't change too that I wasted 50 stones that could have gone to someone else :/ At least I got some dew out of the process which is something I guess...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    That’s how my Ninian ended up with Light Breath and Lightning Breath refines. I’ve attempted to justify that I will use the other breath sometime.

• Options
    I hope it's not Celica. After playing echoes I now want nothing to do with her.

7244qyoka3pp.gif