As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Brady is definitely not throwing his best balls so far.

Yeah he's definitely feeling that injury. If our defense continues getting run over it's gonna be a shame if we lose because he got hurt in a silly way in practice.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Has fournette even seen the ball yet?

Where the fuck did this bortles come from

Fournette got the first 4 touches

FOURnette... 4 touches... NFL CONSPIRACY

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

??

He was 7/7...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

FOURnette... 4 touches... NFL CONSPIRACY

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

wait wrong thing

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think the patriots need to score more points to win (at least 5)

#expert

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Oh ok I missed the beginning

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

??

He was 7/7...

Yeah but this seems like the kind of injury that get worse as the game goes on and his last two passes were well off the mark.

• Options

??

He was 7/7...

The receivers are having to work to catch them, though. His precision is off.

See that Hogan throw - an uninjured Brady probably lasers that to exactly the right place and it's a completion, instead it was too far from Hogan and he couldn't get there without a Jaguar giving him a proctology exam.

• Options
    Maybe cover the RB

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe cover the RB

Yes but also the blocking by Jacksonville there was immaculate.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hee hee. This is fun.

• Options
    Ha, we're gonna get toasted. Final score's gonna be like 35-10 or something. The Pats are asleep.

• Options
    Also the receivers

Yep this is what I've been worried about for the last 3 months

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Hee hee. This is fun.

I won't actually relax until 0:00 in the 4th. I don't care what the score is.

• Options
    With an uninjured Brady I wouldn't be too worried but we're going to struggle to score so if we give up another touchdown it's probably already game (weird as that sounds in a football game).

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    See that play right there was what Bortles does. He doesn't force the ball deep, he's okay with dumping it down and taking what they are giving him. Just don't give the ball away.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

??

He was 7/7...

The receivers are having to work to catch them, though. His precision is off.

See that Hogan throw - an uninjured Brady probably lasers that to exactly the right place and it's a completion, instead it was too far from Hogan and he couldn't get there without a Jaguar giving him a proctology exam.

I mean honestly - not really. All 7 completions were fine. The amendola throw was perfect. The cooks throws totally fine. I'm not worried about his hand. I'm worried about the tight coverage

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pats fans are already clearing out of the stadium.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    For fans of a team that's won like every Super Bowl ever, you guys sure do give up quickly.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    admanb wrote: »

....really?

edit: it doesn't look that way on TV

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Fournette is a god damned beast.

• Options
    For fans of a team that's won like every Super Bowl ever, you guys sure do give up quickly.

I was about to say I'm not giving up because, well, 28-3

But this is exactly how the jags wanted the game to go so far

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sure will be fun to hear that ad infinitum.

"Man imagine if Brady was healthy!"

If he's hurt enough to cost them the game, he shouldn't be playing.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

....really?

edit: it doesn't look that way on TV

just assuming based on this thread.

• Options

Yeah, 'cuz of Brady's hand. Our defense has been inconsistent all season but we've been carried by the offense, with our offense clearly doing so much worse today and the defense getting just shitstomped by Jacksonville I don't see the comeback potential.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Ha, we're gonna get toasted. Final score's gonna be like 35-10 or something. The Pats are asleep.

Yes, the Patriots totally won't make some second half adjustments and shift the entire game, this has never happened in their history....

• Options
    Did someone on the Pats D also get 11 stitches in their thumb? Because suddenly the Jags offense is getting whatever they want.

• Options
    Pats doing a terrible job of setting an edge

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

No disagreement here dude. This is our total lack of backup QB biting us firmly in the ass.

• Options
    Good GOD Leonard Fournette is a MAN

• Options
    FOOOOOOURNETTE

• Options
    Motherfucker just carried Van Noy into the end zone.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I am enjoying this. Never stop scoring points Jacksonville, play as if you’re down by 14 until the game is over.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Dion Lewis to play the entire second half running the wildcat

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's the Fournette we all saw in college

Still a god damn beast

• Options
    I don't care what the score is. Jacksonville needs to keep their foot on the gas all game.

• Options

No disagreement here dude. This is our total lack of backup QB biting us firmly in the ass.

I uh

Have no idea what you're talking about. Honestly. Brady is fine.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Well this is going pretty well so far

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Did someone on the Pats D also get 11 stitches in their thumb? Because suddenly the Jags offense is getting whatever they want.

This is what "bend but don't break" looks like when you don't score 14 points on your first three possessions.

But there's still plenty of football to play.

admanb on
  • Options
    This is actually about how I figured this game would go, but man people here are gonna be whiny if we lose.

This discussion has been closed.