Options

Fellow Cosplayers: Clarity on Props!

MimiiaMimiia Registered User new member
This year I'm dressing up as Ellie from the Last of Us. It's been a long time coming and I was even more excited when I saw the new trailer so I've decided to recreate that version of her and in such I want to bring a guitar. I've brought prop guns and stuff before so I don't see why a guitar would cause any trouble but I'm curious to see if anyone's ever brought one before and what their experience was like. Since it's not a weapon I'm not really sure on what to do with it since the prop booth only has rules on weapons.

• Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I've been to every PAX East and have seen tons of people bring guitars, even some with amps. You'll be fine!

• Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    The only things you should be aware of

1) you're gonna get searched going into the con so just be mindful you'll be required to open up any bags or such
    2) guitars are fine as long as they dont' violate the weapons' policy. Unless you're making some kind of sword-guitar or a gun-guitar hybrid its fine

http://east.paxsite.com/safety-accessibility

Read up on the cosplay weapons policy but a normal guitar should be fine

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    my friend came with a guitar with a build in amp and a duct tape costume with huge shoulder pads and he was fine

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    I guess, as long as it's not the guitar from "Kiss Saves Santa," you'll be fine.
    y7b3anvdisv9.jpg