As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live] Morrowind! Jade Empire! Panzer Dragoon! Oh and the best version of RDR!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    When I was playing Tera I had a moment with my controller where it was on, the light was on, but the game and my xbox acted like it was not. I had to flat out remove the batteries for a hard reboot and then it worked fine.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Got a 1x. Couldn't help myself. Just finishing transfer from my original 1 to my external before hooking up this heavy little brick.

Excited to see the extra prettys. Spent way too much time today watching comparison vids to talk myself into it

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    A question-

I now have 3 xbox's in my house. I'm going to give my original to my stepdaughter who lives with her mom.

My current setup is each xbox has the other as its 'Home' xbox so I can use my digital games on both.

Is there a way to make it work with 3? I'd like her to have access to my library without making it a pain to use my two at home.

If that isn't workable I may just try and find a way to get her a year of gamepass or something.

Edit- if I go 1 home on 2, 2 home on 3 and 3 home on 1 would they all have access to the games on 1?

Mulletude on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The whole home Xbox thing works for just one console, the others would just be other boxes... it also lives at the account level?

edit: basically you're designating one of the boxes that you log in under as your main one, and the other would be your secondary. you will be able to log into a third box (or more) and use digital stuff provided you're online... the tertiary box is the same as the secondary in that scenario.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Another question I suppose.

Is it possible to remove account info (i'm going to make her a new Live account) but leave the games installed or does the reset wipe the games as well?

Just trying to sort out my options.

Thanks for the reply tasty

• Options
    edited March 2018
    removing the (or an) account from a box shouldn't remove the games from it too.

edit: I don't know what that would do for the game sharing you want to do though, as it would need to check that an account owns the game.

@Local H Jay does a game sharing so he may be able to advise you better on that than I can.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    My box is older, not a launch console but from when they stopped packing the Kinect. The controller stuff the other night is the first time I've had anything really buggy with it.

Tried the Terra beta yesterday and wasn't a fan. Between the poor performance on my Xbox, the skeevy preview costumes at character creation, and the UI immediately reminding me that I'm over traditional mmo control bars I just quit and uninstalled it.

• Options
    It appears there are two types of reset and one lets you leave games and apps installed.

Not that the games would work with a new unassociated Live account but worth a try

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    When I was playing Tera I had a moment with my controller where it was on, the light was on, but the game and my xbox acted like it was not. I had to flat out remove the batteries for a hard reboot and then it worked fine.

I've had this happen many time over the course of owning an xbox. Parties are and my microphone would often cause me to have to do the same thing.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    They really need to either optimize terra better. Remembered why I stopped playing during the first beta Got to a city, and the game literally slows to a crawl. Not very fun.

Oh well, got my blue aura thingy.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm annoyed I missed the Tera beta due to my Saturday schedule. Oh well, the last thing I need now is another MMO probably.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm interested in it, but I can't stand putting time into a game, especially a mmo, and then losing all of that progress.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Of the games i've tried, so far Shadow of War and Wildlands are the two that seem greatly improved by the X.

Looking Forward to trying Wolfenstein 2 later. That was one with really muddy textures

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Newer Tomb Raider looks pretty great on the X. They did a pretty good job on the options for the X with the Mordor game.

• Options
    Ah, I finished and uninstalled that a couple weeks ago. May have to reinstall

And does anybody know if Subnautica gets a boost on the X? It's not on the list of X enhanced games but that the extra horsepower could help

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    This week's list of deals are up and man, can't believe Titanfall 2's Ultimate edition is going to be marked down to 6 bucks. I may finally have to pick it up even if it's a near 70GB download.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    The day before SoT comes out and my (four year old) OG XB1 seems to have kicked the bucket/semi-bricked, as if on cue.
    It boots, (responds to the Android app) but I can't get a working HDMI signal out of it.

Bah. Time for an upgrade probably, anyhow, after I try a few more different HDMI cables.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    This week's list of deals are up and man, can't believe Titanfall 2's Ultimate edition is going to be marked down to 6 bucks. I may finally have to pick it up even if it's a near 70GB download.

Wow

Anyone who likes FPS should buy this

It is a great all-around game, solid campaign that's just long enough with some very memorable missions, fun and frantic pvp with balanced on-foot and giant robot action, and fun and challenging horde mode

One of the best games of 2016 imo

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just bought this. Preordered.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    even though i disliked sea of thieves in the closed alpha and the closed beta i just pulled the trigger on a 14 day game pass trial to see if the retail build is any different. i'd still be soloing it so i can't imagine liking it more but i'm curious.

turns out, game pass holders can't preload it! :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I have game pass but I wanted the black dog garbage so I preordered it

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I haven't felt the need to block someone in years: does the person see that you've blocked them via an error or anything?

hilarious tryhard action in Gigantic, of all games that I play atm... like... who even messages people on your team to talk trash in the middle of a match? Sorry bro, I need assists more than kills so hit and run is what I'm gonna do.

edit: unblocked the dude cuz I don't need the baggage on my list... but still... just... eh. people.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Don't think you have to feel bad about blocking a rando who was being a goose. That feature exists for a reason.

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Don't think you have to feel bad about blocking a rando who was being a goose. That feature exists for a reason.

Oh, I don't feel bad, it's just easier to forget a person if they don't stick around in a list. What he said didn't offend me so much as the act of messaging me in the middle of the match (or really in general) annoyed me. Really only paid attention in the middle of the match because a few minutes after the first message he sent me back to back messages. But he never even responded to my question—why should I care about his opinion—which is what made me decide to block him at the time. Yes, I am weird.

Though, there was another person in that match whose name I vaguely recognized, and it turns out that those two are friends, and when I looked back they also sent me dumbness about another match we were in together. That time I was playing a Margrave for kills and we were vs death ball team which meant that I played conservatively... I suppose those two were made for each other.

Really makes me wonder how many players were driven off by Gigantic's crappy and slow matchmaking system coupled by players like that. It was/is an okay F2P game competing in a space where Okay simply isn't good enough.

• Options
    yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

So Sea of Thieves is still awful, holy cow.

There's no new player experience or tutorial at all, it's exactly like the beta. You wake up in a pub and they tell you to go get a mission from the merchant's people and that's it. I go over, grab a mission to deliver chickens and then the guy gives me 2 chicken coops. The game doesn't tell you anything else, I have no idea what to do with the coops (they're empty). I'm just standing there. Eventually I bring them to my ship and look at the map and see there is a island nearby called "chicken island" so I go over there figuring maybe i'm supposed to get the chickens myself? I sail over, by the time I get there it's night time and there is nothing on the island. I wait around doing nothing until daytime comes thinking maybe that's when the chickens come out. Nope! Nothing happens on the island at all.

So I'm just standing on a random island with 2 empty chicken coops in my old with no chickens AND a quest that says to deliver 2 chickens but doesn't say where to get the chickens from OR where to deliver the chickens to.

I don't get how they could spend 5 years on this game and for it to have NOTHING to do and to not guide new players along at all. I've been in the closed alpha for 2 or so years now and this has been the experience every time.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    That chicken island doesn't have any chicken's on it feels like a cruel joke.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    maybe its just shaped like a chicken?

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    maybe its just shaped like a chicken?

Or maybe the player is the chicken for going there? :P

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Technically, every island is shaped like a chicken if we're talking about them nuggets.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I was thinking more along the lines of sending someone to get dehydrated water, and the like... but yours is better. :P

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    IT LIVES!!!

Below release date at E3 finally??

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    IT LIVES!!!

Below release date at E3 finally??

As this did not come from Capy, it is obviously Russian propaganda, fake news, and a lie.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    What was Below again? Some Dark Soulsy kinda thing?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TremorTremor Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

So Sea of Thieves is still awful, holy cow.

There's no new player experience or tutorial at all, it's exactly like the beta. You wake up in a pub and they tell you to go get a mission from the merchant's people and that's it. I go over, grab a mission to deliver chickens and then the guy gives me 2 chicken coops. The game doesn't tell you anything else, I have no idea what to do with the coops (they're empty). I'm just standing there. Eventually I bring them to my ship and look at the map and see there is a island nearby called "chicken island" so I go over there figuring maybe i'm supposed to get the chickens myself? I sail over, by the time I get there it's night time and there is nothing on the island. I wait around doing nothing until daytime comes thinking maybe that's when the chickens come out. Nope! Nothing happens on the island at all.

So I'm just standing on a random island with 2 empty chicken coops in my old with no chickens AND a quest that says to deliver 2 chickens but doesn't say where to get the chickens from OR where to deliver the chickens to.

I don't get how they could spend 5 years on this game and for it to have NOTHING to do and to not guide new players along at all. I've been in the closed alpha for 2 or so years now and this has been the experience every time.

I logged in for the first time in years just to say this is the most HardTarget post of all time.

TremorPAJoe.jpg
  • Options
    so what you're saying is, more realtalk from the truthiest of forumers!

:p

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    so what you're saying is, more realtalk from the truthiest of forumers!

:p

You're doing God's work: saving me money.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    The day before SoT comes out and my (four year old) OG XB1 seems to have kicked the bucket/semi-bricked, as if on cue.
    It boots, (responds to the Android app) but I can't get a working HDMI signal out of it.

Bah. Time for an upgrade probably, anyhow, after I try a few more different HDMI cables.
    Huh. So after trying like five different cables it turns out that HDMI port #1 on my TV is just refusing to talk/connect to the Xbox anymore.
    #2 works fine after swapping ports?! Bizarre. I fucking hate technology sometimes. :bigfrown: :(

On the upside now I can play SoT for two weeks (GamePass trial), and then until it goes on sale, because £50 is just waaay too much for how little content there is right now.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    somebody else messaged me today... got me feeling like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG4hOjJ9tEs

but seriously, I compared the character that this one played the most on, and I'm statistically better at his favorite one... despite the fact that he's played that character for 3 times as many hours (20+) as I have. Though I think part of the problem may also be my level, as I'm level 90, my level gets exposed to my team often (the game shows the highest level person on a team). Used to run into that when playing Mass Effect 3's co-op and the like, it's like: nah... I'm not try-harding to carry you guys, nor do I feel the need to top the board. So... eh, guess I'll have to get used to it.

edit: esp. given there's only mostly new players and try-hards left in the population.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    God I love that saying.

I imagine a lot of people are just assholes online though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    somebody else messaged me today... got me feeling like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG4hOjJ9tEs

but seriously, I compared the character that this one played the most on, and I'm statistically better at his favorite one... despite the fact that he's played that character for 3 times as many hours (20+) as I have. Though I think part of the problem may also be my level, as I'm level 90, my level gets exposed to my team often (the game shows the highest level person on a team). Used to run into that when playing Mass Effect 3's co-op and the like, it's like: nah... I'm not try-harding to carry you guys, nor do I feel the need to top the board. So... eh, guess I'll have to get used to it.

edit: esp. given there's only mostly new players and try-hards left in the population.

When I used to play more with my level 100+ friend, months ago, she’d make me be the party lead because the game only shows the highest ranking party leader. And there’d be less hate incoming that way.

I think all games should just hide rank, I’ve never had any positive interactions with strangers online because of my rank in something.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.