As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Planning on going to first PAX

GeeksterGeekster Registered User new member
I'm thinking about getting Thursday, Friday and Sunday tickets to go to PAX. I've looked at all the costs for hotels and other things. I have my budget and I was just wondering if it is worth going for just those days or waiting until next year to try to get a Saturday pass as well.

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    If you're talking about East, it's fully worth going as many days as you feel like going if you have the budget. PAX is a blast no matter how many days you are able to make it.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    If you have never attended a PAX, it's worth it. It's doubly worth it if you're going more than a single day, because one day just... is not enough, by far.

• Options
    EricTechBossEricTechBoss EricTechBoss VancouverRegistered User new member
    Geekster wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting Thursday, Friday and Sunday tickets to go to PAX. I've looked at all the costs for hotels and other things. I have my budget and I was just wondering if it is worth going for just those days or waiting until next year to try to get a Saturday pass as well.

I agree with @greenizdabest - For the first time, it's definitely advisable but not if you've been there before. Let us know you your first PAX went ;)

• Options
    JeffstaJeffsta Registered User regular
    I'm holding off until PAX West to be sure that I save up enough for this (and that too will be my first time), however I can tell you now that the average daily pass is around $60 for the two main events (West and East) plus they started offering the all access version again which is $225.00 and gives you the entire weekend to work with. However I have not completely checked all of my costs and this obviously doesn't include lodging, transit, airfare etc. so make sure you budget accordingly.

I'd also hurry up with it, as basically everything other than 4 day, Thursday and Sunday is already sold out and at this point it's typically not too many days (or even hours) 'til it's all gone.