Options

[FFRK] Goodbye fest banners. Also Magicite Keystones in two weeks.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    One of those heals might be her Regen, which is ALSO 9999, but yeah - considering BSB for enDark instead of the USB for Chase, actually.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hades might be the fight that makes me Legend Dive Beatrix, for her BSB.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Oof, that was a brutal first Siren fight. 1.06, two dead, but whatever. Mastery, and the first is always the worst.

I went two entrusters, two healers, and Jecht for damage. Not so great a team but it got the job done.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    penelo has been silenced first time last 7 attempts.

it's a 30% chance and she's the only one i care about being silenced. please game, let me just do the fight without doing the first 5 seconds 15 times.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Jragghen wrote: »
    One of those heals might be her Regen, which is ALSO 9999, but yeah - considering BSB for enDark instead of the USB for Chase, actually.

Amendment: no, you're right, that's totally 3 counter cures. Ugh.

Anyway, Siren mastered with 39.36 with a "slow and steady, have gas in the tank for the end" strategy. Pieces used:

Shadow: BSB, USB, LD, one +dark equipment, Weakness RM (BSB early, didn't use USB until around the 40% mark which is when I went nuts. I had plenty of hones left this route, so I can speed it up with Shadow Embodied earlier)
    TGCid: BSB, LD, LMR, one +dark equipment, dark RM (wall, death throes, reaping scythe until BSB full, cast BSB, reaping scythe until BSB full, cast BSB, etc)
    OK: pUSB, entrust bot. LD, but it's irrelevent. MM (USB at start, wrath->entrust shadow, wrath->pUSB, wrath->entrust shadow. Can probably skip that last wrath)
    Y'sh: BSB, LD, Dr. Mog (dispel, protect, BSB. Keep up healing. Dispel any haste/regen as necessary)
    Penelo: curaja, shellga, TGCidmode, USB (shell, heal, cast shadow dragon when able).

Obvious places to tighten up: don't let wall fall down so someone dies from a 9999 holy. Better usage of shadow embodied. Maybe try skipping second pUSB and entrust shadow earlier to get the USB speed going earlier. Have better magicite inheritance.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    yea i don't know how to do siren. my entire team is built around hitting a lot and chases, so i steamroll her down to 20% in 20 seconds and then the health bar never moves again as shadow's LMR wears off and the effective but not staggering damage of riku and gaffgarion starts being 80% wiped out by healing. wishing i got the riku arcane :/

i have two powerful dark OSBs but they're both magic in raines and kuja, so they're mostly out of the picture because lol aoe silence spam.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fucking Black Cauldron. With 15 seconds left on the clock, I get hit. And then my primary healer's paralyzed, my primary DPS is confused, and everyone is Slowed, so it doesn't even matter what countermeasures I have, because Hades's next 5 turns kill me before my ATB fills.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2018
    I actually got sub 30 on Siren with no Chain on the first try, but I can tell this is going to be a fucking pain.

Rosa: Curada/Protectga, Ace Striker, USB
    OK: Ultra Cure/Shellga, LMR, Dr. Mog, pUSB
    Shelke: Entrustbot
    Shadow: Ninja Skills, LMR, Doublecast LM, USB
    Riku: Lifesiphon/Dread Weapon, LMR, Doublecast LM, USB+AOSB
    RW: Wall
    Magicite: Shadow Dragon (imperil)

Rosa and OK actually got silenced towards the end, which was a little terrifying, but I got the kill with some time to spare. If I had Tyro's ultra I might try bringing Dispel since it would free up slots, but no use crying over that one.

EDIT - switching Entrusts around and changing Riku to LM1 and 2 got me to 23 seconds.

A duck! on
  • Options
    So.

Pecil, with Shout buff, under a holy chain, with Enholy and Siren magicite's +Holy effect, wielding a +Holy sword and using the Azure Blade RM, dealt about 60,000 damage to Hades with his OSB.

What the actual hell? Why is it so weak? This fight is infuriating.

• Options
    No, I just can't get this fight. I need two healers (Larsa and someone to heal the team between Larsa's uses of his BSB entry) to survive, but I also need 3 DPS (WOL, Agrias, and Raines) to win before Doom happens. Which leaves me with no source of Hastega or buffs, meaning that the 3 DPS can't do anything anyway.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Enlong wrote: »
    No, I just can't get this fight. I need two healers (Larsa and someone to heal the team between Larsa's uses of his BSB entry) to survive, but I also need 3 DPS (WOL, Agrias, and Raines) to win before Doom happens. Which leaves me with no source of Hastega or buffs, meaning that the 3 DPS can't do anything anyway.

Do you have anything for OK? He can heal in a pinch.

• Options
    And what have we learned today, students?

Always complain about fights on the forums, because it works.

Hades is dead. I now have Fabula Priestess. That Onion suggestion was on the nose, though I went with Tyro instead; gave him Curada and Rallying Etude (unused). The Combo of Agrias, Raines, and WOL worked wonders; Agrias was using Guardbringer for 6600 per hit, and Raines was dropping nearly maxed hits. The weak link was WOL. He just couldn't crack 3000 per hit with Assault Sabre. I think I need to half-Dive him. Wait, no. His LM1 and LM2 are both defensive tools. Are the Holy% nodes worth it?

I may Dive Beatrix. She'd be just like Agrias, but with Dualcast instead of minor Imperil. But for now, I can just rest.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    So.

Pecil, with Shout buff, under a holy chain, with Enholy and Siren magicite's +Holy effect, wielding a +Holy sword and using the Azure Blade RM, dealt about 60,000 damage to Hades with his OSB.

AI for Siren and Hades just went up on reddit: Hades has slightly more DEF than earth snake. Which is to say it's about 25% higher than most of the other 4* magicites. Have fun!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Fry wrote: »
    So.

AI for Siren and Hades just went up on reddit: Hades has slightly more DEF than earth snake. Which is to say it's about 25% higher than most of the other 4* magicites. Have fun!

So holy magic would be preferred even sans enHoly? Raines rides again?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Well, no wonder Raines was doing so much more damage than Agrias.

Well, that and the fact that he had 3 30% MAG buffs, and she had 1 30% ATK buff.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    What does Fabula Priestess do?

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Instant Medica that restores 100% of each target's maximum HP.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Instant Medica that restores 100% of each target's maximum HP.

Basically a speedrun medica that makes 5 DPS+last stand a smidge more viable.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Hm. Haven't gotten the 5 free keystones, has anyone else?

e: Hmm. I'll have to look at the boost lucky draw again. If I tried, I think I can get to 25 before it goes away with the portal rewards.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    I haven’t yet either, I opened a ticket this afternoon

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Sub 30 Hades after a number of aborted attempts

Dancing around the scripted 51% dispel is key, you NEED proshellga back online ASAP or the run is over

PS positioning actually matters here, put ass saber havers on the outside so they don't get targeted by strike

Beasteh on
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    25s Siren clear after carbon copying a strategy from Reddit (Zack Chain, Cloud BSB3/USB, OK BSB as entruster, Shelke entruster, Aphmau or Relm USB).

Sub-30 on day 1 is a good feeling. We'll see about Hades now...

• Options
    I keep forgetting Cloud BSB3 exists and that I have it

• Options
    Hrm, rikku lmr 100 gem. Sad trombone

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Enlong on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Eh magicarp has splash also. And you don't need to pull a relic to use it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    But Magikarp can't learn Slash.

This must mean that Tidus is actually a Mimikyu in a clever disguise!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    4 11-pulls

1/11 = Tidus BSB2 (okay, that's...fine, I guess)
    1/11 = Rikku LMR dupe
    1/11 = Yuna BSB2 dupe
    2/11 = 2x Paine BSB2

I'm not sure why I bother anymore. I would have been happy with any 6*, or even Rikku's new BSB.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Single pull budgeted...

4 Loves: Tidus ASB, Yuna USB2, Rikku USB2, Yuna USB1
    5 Likes: Paine BSB2, Rikku BSB2, Tidus BSB2, Yuna LMR1, Yuna LMR2
    1 Meh: Tidus GSB
    4 Dupes: Yuna BSB2, Lulu BSB, Tidus LMR, Rikku LMR

Pull 1:
    9ajzi4Tl.png

I've had worse.

4/11: Yuna USB2, Rikku BSB2, Lulu BSB (2nd dupe), Tidus LMR (dupe)

Yuna USB2 is at least theoretically hilarious, even if I'm loathe to hone summons enough to make her viable. Theoretically a contributor to a wind or holy chain. Kinda needs her Summon LMR to really make it pop, though.
    Rikku BSB2 makes her previously useless LMR at least have some value. Unfortunately won't shift out Paine or Bartz from the A-Team of Water but is at least potentially great for Torment options. Also actually lets her do something on Jump Starts instead of just USB1 if the fight actually lasts long enough.
    Theoretically I could field up to 4 ice mages on a team if I was particularly crazy so the Lulu BSB isn't strictly useless.
    And I -literally- just paid money for Tidus LMR not less than a week ago, so that one I'm annoyed about. Did still need another physical water booster but grumblegrumblegrumble.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Ninjas will love those Paine water-boosting katanas, at least?

• Options
    Aw, I thought I had enough mythril to do an FFXII pull before it went away, but I was 10 off.

Meh. More to save up for the Celes/Edgar event, I suppose.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Fry wrote: »
    Ninjas will love those Paine water-boosting katanas, at least?

I can count on one hand the number of times I have included a ninja in my party for a battle I actually had to prepare for and pay attention to.

EDIT: Honestly, the fact that my first three pulls were all single-relic pulls and then my final one was like an "okay, fine, here's TWO, I guess (but effectively still one)," is almost as insulting at what the relics actually were.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FFX-1 100 gems: 3* blah

Data for posterity:
    1 misses in a row

28/231 lifetime

9/71 this batch

9/65 last batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe).

• Options
    Since we're getting daily missions, idly considering the dream draws now.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hrm. Yuna's chase and the innate power on Summons is actually coming out surprisingly competitive to auras with some back of the envelope calcs. She'd actually be really good with that LMR. Dammit.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, I thought the expanded dailies were supposed to be around for a few more days. Booooo.

• Options
    Fuck I didn’t notice the quiz was going away. Rip orbz.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Cleaned out the new FFX event. The majority of stages are single boss battles, so it’s a great way to clean up on easy mythril while stocking more growth eggs...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Rikku's BSB2 Shield doesn't even have any offensive stats on it. What is this, 2016?

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    Rikku's BSB2 Shield doesn't even have any offensive stats on it. What is this, 2016?

Nowadays, if a 5* item doesn't have moderate resist or +element, it's pretty much immediate Rosetta fodder. Too many items have good passive to keep everything else.

This discussion has been closed.