As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Press B to tip your hat to [Red Dead Redemption II]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's a good time for that

I'll do that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Did they say earlier that it would be spring 2018? Is this another delay?

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Oh nice, right in time for my birthday

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's my oldest's 10th birthday! I know what I'm getting him for me for his birthday!

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

They specifically said last time that it'd be out spring 2018

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Q1/Q2 2018 is what I read everywhere before this announcement, so yeah.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Push it back as much as you need to if it means the game will be better and more polished.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I'm shocked this is getting a 2018 release, I was willing to bet money it would have been pushed back to early 2019.

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I'm shocked this is getting a 2018 release, I was willing to bet money it would have been pushed back to early 2019.

There's still time!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Thinking about the online for this game, it just occurred to me that it's absolutely going to have their own version of GTA V's heists, I'd be shocked if it didn't.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Oh it's simple, just move to Australia. October IS Spring.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I'm not familiar with the concept of "annual prolonged temperate weather" and neither are you

don't lie to the people

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I'm not familiar with the concept of "annual prolonged temperate weather" and neither are you

don't lie to the people

Pfft, the weather here is fantastic. (just don't move to Melbourne)

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

don't lie to the people

Pfft, the weather here is fantastic. (just don't move to Melbourne)

unless you just really enjoy weather in general and want to experience a lot of it

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I'm streaming Undead Nightmare to my PC from the Xbox so my daughter can watch her dumb cartoons.

Holy shit, the music in this is AMAZING.

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    There's a young Marston in that trailer but he doesn't say anything.

Beautiful game. Hope it runs well on a regular boring PS4.

Ceno on
  • Options
    I don't love that they seem to be hitting the "it's the end of the cowboy era" thing AGAIN

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I don't mind it, since it seems like Rockstar is more than willing to let the first game gradually disappear into oblivion. At least this one will be easily accessible moving forward into new generations.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I don't love that they seem to be hitting the "it's the end of the cowboy era" thing AGAIN

The west being "tamed" is a turn of phrase that always gets my hackles up

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I wonder if I have any patience left in my carcass for Rockstars brand of horseshit, I sure didn't have too much fuckin time for GTAV and that's an objectively fantastic videogame

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I continue to think that this would have been a way more interesting game if they had basically made the main character a fictionalized version of Charlie Siringo whose redemption is a one-man war against the Pinkertons

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I wonder if I have any patience left in my carcass for Rockstars brand of horseshit, I sure didn't have too much fuckin time for GTAV and that's an objectively fantastic videogame

I actively hated GTA V, so I'm more than a little concerned that RDR II will be more of that. I think RDR is handily their best game, and I really hope that our views on what worked about that game are the same. Been burned by sequels before, where it seemed like the rest of the world was playing a different version of the first game; seeing a bunch of flaws that could be fixed in a sequel that I perceived as strengths and ended up mourning their loss in the sequel. The Halo franchise springs to mind.

It's why I'd rather they spend their time and money remastering or remaking the first game, which is a sure thing, than possibly screwing up the whole franchise by adding Horse Bucks or whatever their nightmarishly overpriced microtransaction thing will be.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Bronco Bucks was right there!

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    RDR doesn't try to be witty or funny much, other than some fall-flat attempts like the extremely out-of-place flash animation shorts in the movie theaters and a couple character interactions. I'm more worried about this re-treading the same ground that the last game did more than them ruining it with their brand of cynical centrism that they love to fill GTA with (even though I still greatly enjoy exploring those worlds in spite of it).

I just don't think I'm going to be picking up a video game console this generation so I doubt I'll be playing this any time soon.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love certain types of Westerns, but I'm very skeptical of RDR2

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    RDR doesn't try to be witty or funny much, other than some fall-flat attempts like the extremely out-of-place flash animation shorts in the movie theaters and a couple character interactions. I'm more worried about this re-treading the same ground that the last game did more than them ruining it with their brand of cynical centrism that they love to fill GTA with (even though I still greatly enjoy exploring those worlds in spite of it).

I just don't think I'm going to be picking up a video game console this generation so I doubt I'll be playing this any time soon.

I feel there were a fair few comedy sections in Mexico.

Which fell super flat for me.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    RDR had a couple moments of levity, but for the most part the story was mega depressing from start to finish. And so many poker related killings.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    This trailer actually made me less interested

They’ve shown me absolutely nothing that the first game didn’t already do, I have no concept of why I should play it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    What bugs me is that the trailer makes it seem like the game is just reusing the same locations from the first game, Dutch's gang wasnt even active in that area!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    It’s crazy because the trailer did absolutely nothing for me but I’m so excited based on all the nostalgia of how much I loved the story and online multiplayer in the first one.

I hate that I can’t help but be super excited.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    It’s crazy because the trailer did absolutely nothing for me but I’m so excited based on all the nostalgia of how much I loved the story and online multiplayer in the first one.

I hate that I can’t help but be super excited.

I'm a sucker for western games, so I'll get it regardless, but my favorite kind is actually the Sunset Riders-style pastiche with cartoonish outlaws. But Red Dead Revolver already did that, and it doesnt really fit Redemption

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    So has there been any update about whether this will have multiple playable characters like GTAV?

Veldrin on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So has there been any update about whether this will have multiple playable characters like GTAV?

Rockstar has said nothing but I guess impressions come out tomorrow from IGN and some other gaming sites.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Y'all crazy this looks great

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The impressions are going to have to be absolutely phenomenal to justify me getting this at this point

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Spider-Man game will be scratching that open world games itch quite nicely

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm still really excited?

Even if the story isn't as good as RDR 1, that game was still an absolute blast to play and Rockstar has only gotten better at making open world sandboxes

My only concerns are over Rockstar's garbage humor and political shit but the first one was fairly, but not entirely, devoid of the problems that plague GTA and I don't see any reason to suspect this one will be wildly different

Even if it's just more of the same, but prettier, that's more of the same of one of the best games I've ever played and haven't had any New content for in over half a decade so I'm perfectly cool with that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever made, and this is the sequel to Red Dead Redemption.

This discussion has been closed.