As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics! New Heroes! New Justice League! Old Watchmen! Aquaman Movie!

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah they are reporting that DC is gonna do a fairly sizable relaunch in the late summer/early Fall

So far the teams/books are:

Grant Morrison and Liam Sharpe on Green Lantern
    Kelly Sue DeConnick on Aquaman
    Brian Azzarello on Suicide Squad
    David Walker on Flash

And Matt Fraction was supposed to do a Jimmy Olsen sister series to Bendis' Superman but it has fallen through, although he might be doing another DC title

All of those names on those titles are hard as rocks

• Options
    Once upon a time Nick Spencer would have done a really good Jimmy Olsen comic

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Once upon a time Nick Spencer did a really good Jimmy Olsen comicw5u1b5i3wue6.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Azzarello on Suicide Squad sounds very promising

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Yeah I would love it

I've seen a lot of people upset about how dark the humor was but tbh after like 30 years of Booster being in the specific JLI-goofy antics brand of jokes I'm fine with someone keeping the humor but trying it in a different comedy genre
    I also love Booster's complete no selling of how fucked up everything is in this timeline because he doesn't consider it to be real and knows he can go back to the normal one at any moment

Then WHOOPS
    I'm guessing what happens in this story will lead to Booster's more responsible time-traveling concerns in the Superman story he last showed up in.

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Once upon a time Nick Spencer did a really good Jimmy Olsen comicw5u1b5i3wue6.jpg

Please don't post pictures of @Keith without his permission

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    *looks at cover*

... so how'd we get from that, to...
    *waves in the general direction of the "House of Ideas"*

(yay, Amanda Conner)

• Options
    It sounds like the Shazam Family from Johns' New 52 run is gonna be in the movie, with powers, as Adam Brody and, supposedly, 4 other actors have been cast in secret roles.

I'm down, I really like that concept and wish it would have been explored more but we haven't gotten a solo Shazam story in like 4 goddamn years, thanks Geoff

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

.....I hate you, Tom King.
    I love you so much, Tom King.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    He probably thought of that pun and then decided to make it into a year long storyline

• Options
    Justice League of America wrapped up today, with a new team taking its place:
    The Justice Foundation. Unlike any of the JL teams, it is built around trying to use the member's powers and skills to improve the world via means other than fighting supervillains. New technology, medicine, disaster relief, etc.

Black Canary, B'Wana Beast, Aztek, The Ray, Frost, The Atom, Vixen and some others I don't recognize including a Blue Electric Superman lookin' lady

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The Justice Foundation. Unlike any of the JL teams, it is built around trying to use the member's powers and skills to improve the world via means other than fighting supervillains. New technology, medicine, disaster relief, etc.

Black Canary, B'Wana Beast, Aztek, The Ray, Frost, The Atom, Vixen and some others I don't recognize including a Blue Electric Superman lookin' lady
    I have to admit I'm a little surprised that they're still
    using the name "B'Wana Beast"

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

They're not
    it's Freedom Beast, from Morrison's Animal Man

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I like the idea, but the evil Black Panther storyline was...it did some stuff well(emphasize new characters do belong on the league) and other stuff not so well.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I like the idea, but the evil Black Panther storyline was...it did some stuff well(emphasize new characters do belong on the league) and other stuff not so well.
    That's Justice League

This is JLA, different book

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

That's Justice League

This is JLA, different book

Oh, it feels like that's the direction his book was taking.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

They're not
    it's Freedom Beast, from Morrison's Animal Man
    Ah, OK, cool.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Whoof the art on Terrifics is rough this week

They initially announced if as Reis and Shaner swapping arcs and Joe Bennett got pulled on last minute for a fill in and it shows

Also it is kind of losing me. Everyone's an asshole! Like, I'm fine with it being a dysfunctional family but the only one who isn't a dick is Phantom Girl and she does nothing but complain about being stuck as a ghost which makes sense for her to do but also isn't very fun to read

It's less classic Kirby superhero science fun and more just a bunch of jerks stuck together

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Hmmm, didn't know DC's attempt at cashing in on the fantasy high-school doll market was going to get a reboot.

• Options
    Wait, they're rebooting MLP?

• Options
    Whoof the art on Terrifics is rough this week

They initially announced if as Reis and Shaner swapping arcs and Joe Bennett got pulled on last minute for a fill in and it shows

I actually really liked the art! It doesn't mesh well with Reis, so it'd be more distracting in a trade, but I still liked it.

• Options
    The big spark that sets off Flash War got revealed and it has me 100% Team Wally
    Wally and Iris remember everything from pre-flashpoint. Not just a portion of the memories with hazy gaps like it has been since Rebirth, every single detail.

Which means Wally now knows A) he had two children who have been written out of existence and B) Barry is responsible for it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The big spark that sets off Flash War got revealed and it has me 100% Team Wally
    Wally and Iris remember everything from pre-flashpoint. Not just a portion of the memories with hazy gaps like it has been since Rebirth, every single detail.

Which means Wally now knows A) he had two children who have been written out of existence and B) Barry is responsible for it.
    Most importantly, he remembers Impulse.

Bring Bart Back!

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular

Most importantly, he remembers Impulse.

Bring Bart Back!

hmm, I wonder if
    at some point during the flash war, Barry Flash Family vs Wally Flash Family

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I really hope Wally becomes The Flash proper out of Flash War

I don't think he will

But I hope

I like Barry but he's not nearly as good and also is still responsible for Flashpoint as well as a bunch of dumb decisions he has made in his solo book during Rebirth, and hasn't really had too many consequences for it.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So I haven't been following Flash lately.
    are there two Wallys now?

• Options
    Yeah

It's handled mostly well and is a good move because New Wally is a good prominent young PoC hero but Old Wally is still one of DC's best characters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something stupid like
    old Wally's brain in new Wally's body

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

That was something that was surprising me in Deathstroke a few months ago as well (not to mention including that Deathstroke-Titans crossover just in the middle of some heavy Deathstroke storyline, but then I tend to hate crossovers). But yeah, to answer your question: yes.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options

I don't think he will

But I hope

I like Barry but he's not nearly as good and also is still responsible for Flashpoint as well as a bunch of dumb decisions he has made in his solo book during Rebirth, and hasn't really had too many consequences for it.

There's no way he will, at least not yet. Maybe in 2 years when Johns writes another Crisis to kill off Barry. It would have to be a major storyline to get rid of him, not just a Flash storyline

I'd be okay if they did like, rotating arcs of Barry and Wally, though. And give Wally his pre-Flashpoint mask. I'm okay with the rest of the costume (although I'd like a brighter red), but the open hair doesn't look right with it.

• Options
    The Unexpected #1 preview (heads up, judging from past New Age of Heroes previews these are the last pages of the issue)
    xUDx8xm.jpg?1
    jsQgnk0.jpgOp0Q0dq.jpgShqrTGo.jpgf7ZO6g9.jpg

I really dig this. Firebrand seems like a great new character, Sook's art is wonderful and Bad Samaritan has one of the best designs DC has put out in a while.

This definitely feels like the most promising New Age of Heroes book

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

I don't think he will

But I hope

There's no way he will, at least not yet. Maybe in 2 years when Johns writes another Crisis to kill off Barry. It would have to be a major storyline to get rid of him, not just a Flash storyline

I'd be okay if they did like, rotating arcs of Barry and Wally, though. And give Wally his pre-Flashpoint mask. I'm okay with the rest of the costume (although I'd like a brighter red), but the open hair doesn't look right with it.
    I agree he should have the mask but the silver accents and lightning definitely work for me and are a good way to keep him and Barry distinct

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

I don't think he will

But I hope

I agree he should have the mask but the silver accents and lightning definitely work for me and are a good way to keep him and Barry distinct

I can see and would like the out come to be Wally becoming the mentor of the Flash Family. Unless my math is off he is the most experienced flash, and it would allow him to hopefully settle down.

there is something about a role reversal that could freshen things up.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

I don't think he will

But I hope

I can see and would like the out come to be Wally becoming the mentor of the Flash Family. Unless my math is off he is the most experienced flash, and it would allow him to hopefully settle down.

That's Jay Garrick's job. And Max Mercury's

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The Unexpected #1 preview (heads up, judging from past New Age of Heroes previews these are the last pages of the issue)
    xUDx8xm.jpg?1
    jsQgnk0.jpgOp0Q0dq.jpgShqrTGo.jpgf7ZO6g9.jpg

I really dig this. Firebrand seems like a great new character, Sook's art is wonderful and Bad Samaritan has one of the best designs DC has put out in a while.

This definitely feels like the most promising New Age of Heroes book

Thats just
    skyrim dragon macho man!

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

I don't think he will

But I hope

That's Jay Garrick's job. And Max Mercury's

While i absolutely agree, Wally could totally join the League of Flash Mentors

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

This just makes me sad Sejic isn't doing the book itself

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bash me with your mace, Hawkdaddy

• Options
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Has Batgirl been good with this creative team

This discussion has been closed.