As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mouse doesn't always register a click, and when it does, often double clicks.

So I'm guessing this is a hardware issue I can't fix, but thought I'd ask. If this was a key on my keyboard, I'd pop it off, and look to see if something was underneath it. I have a Logitech G700, that has started to double click most of the time I click it, and sometimes doesn't register the click at all. I recently even installed the actual logitech software hoping it'd fix it.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas or tips on what I can do besides buy a new mouse? I've had it for years so it's been well worth the price I paid, but I don't really have the money to buy a new mouse.

Thanks.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    So I'm guessing this is a hardware issue I can't fix, but thought I'd ask. If this was a key on my keyboard, I'd pop it off, and look to see if something was underneath it. I have a Logitech G700, that has started to double click most of the time I click it, and sometimes doesn't register the click at all. I recently even installed the actual logitech software hoping it'd fix it.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas or tips on what I can do besides buy a new mouse? I've had it for years so it's been well worth the price I paid, but I don't really have the money to buy a new mouse.

Thanks.

It sounds like the contact in the button is going bad.

Technically, you may be able to open the mouse up, open the contact housing up, and use some fine grit sandpaper to clean the contact points, and clean out the switch body and contacts with alcohol when you're done. Let it dry fully before putting it back together.

This should be a last resort because screwing this up will most definitely ruin the mouse.

The switch will look like this:
    1thiq4l7bnyc.jpg

You can open it by using a small screwdriver to carefully pop the switch housing off of that tab.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »

Thanks.

It sounds like the contact in the button is going bad.

Technically, you may be able to open the mouse up, open the contact housing up, and use some fine grit sandpaper to clean the contact points, and clean out the switch body and contacts with alcohol when you're done. Let it dry fully before putting it back together.

This should be a last resort because screwing this up will most definitely ruin the mouse.

The switch will look like this:
    1thiq4l7bnyc.jpg

You can open it by using a small screwdriver to carefully pop the switch housing off of that tab.

I figured it would be something like this, but thought I'd ask anyways. Thank you for clarifying everything.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    You can also buy those switches (the whole enchilada in that photo) in any quantity for very, very cheap
    and then solder the old one out, solder a new one in.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    This exact issue happened to me a few years ago with a Logitech G500 (it was three years old at the time). I opened a customer support ticket with Logitech and they sent me a brand new G500s at no charge, all I had to give them was a copy of the purchase receipt (from Newegg) and shipping address. A lot can change in a few years and YMMV, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I had a similar problem with my G600 a few weeks ago, disassembled it via a guide and sprayed all the switches with switch cleaner (didn't really try to pop any off, just made sure it got right in there), re-assembled and it's working like a beauty again.

All it needed was a small phillips head screwdriver and some patience.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO