As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Play Tables? Prototype Game Play?

Agrajag27Agrajag27 Registered User new member
I have a prototype of a card game I'm developing and I'm wondering if PAX Unplugged would be a good place to break it out to play it. I see they have open tables to play at, but I'm not sure of the rules regarding their use. Does anyone know if it's okay for me to set up a game on a table and pretty much play it for the duration of the show? I really am not a publisher so a booth makes virtually no sense. I'm assuming other prototype games show up there. If so, where? How?

Thanks!

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Last year there was the Alpha Build room where prototype/unpublished games were demoed, in partnership with Unpub. They don't list Unplugged as an event this year though.

@Gundabad would probably be best to answer this question.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    UnPub will return in 2018, and will open registration for their space later this summer. Tables in the Tabletop Freeplay area are free to all attendees to use in any manner of gaming, including games and prototypes that the attendee has designed. What is not permitted is squatting of tables or displaying of signage. If you find folks to play with, and what to grab a table to do so, great! If not, you will be asked to move along if you have "set up shop" at a Freeplay table with no actual gaming activity taking place.

• Options
    calvinbjddcalvinbjdd Registered User regular
    Last year we were approached at the free play area to test a game and had a great time playing it. Especially if it's something you can explain well and will not suck up too much time, I bet you'd find a lot of people interested in trying it out. If most people are like my group though, the only trick might be hitting them between games. We tended to roll right from one game to the next with very little downtime.

• Options
    Agrajag27Agrajag27 Registered User new member
    Gundabad wrote: »
    UnPub will return in 2018, and will open registration for their space later this summer. Tables in the Tabletop Freeplay area are free to all attendees to use in any manner of gaming, including games and prototypes that the attendee has designed. What is not permitted is squatting of tables or displaying of signage. If you find folks to play with, and what to grab a table to do so, great! If not, you will be asked to move along if you have "set up shop" at a Freeplay table with no actual gaming activity taking place.

Thanks so much for this info. Greatly appreciated.

• Options
    BooomBooom Registered User new member
    @Gundabad do you have an update on registration for the event? maybe a link?