As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rainbow Six-Siege] Always Check Your Corners!

1111213141517»

• BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »

On the surface I thought both ops were kinda contrived but after they showed the counters for them I'm sold, Lesion has even more upside, Smoke is already a pro pick regularly, but Lion is adding even more value to Mute.

It seemed like Bandit had stolen away a significant amount of his thunder on defense even after the ACOG being taken away, still being the premier anti-hard breach, but I think Mute is coming back into style with Lion out there.

steam_sig.png
    Chimera is on the TTS today.

steam_sig.png
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Can't wait for season 3. I preordered my pass and I think both of the new operators being released first will add some really good meta elements to the game.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Hopefully, it'll give the attackers an edge.

I think right now the split in W/L is in favour of defenders right now

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I am sad that Rook is no longer the biggest boi. Lion seems fun, though, and hopefully he's as fun to play as he looks. I'm still on the fence about Finka. She might have a case of Vigil syndrome, in that she's more powerful than she looks on paper.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Rook is my go-to defender main, he will always be the biggest boi to me.

Will need to give Lion a go (I'm not on TTS, I'd rather wait) but I'm almost always a Thermite/Thatcher main

You need a hard breacher/gadget destroyer and for some fucking reason people just don't pick them

edited March 2018
    I can't believe no one is talking about Operation Chimera right now. Both of the new operators and the maps are available right now, and they're pretty fun.

Boosting and charging as an attacker as Finka is very fun and the reduced recoil is great also. Lions' drone abilities are awesome when your teammates are flanking, pretty much messing up an entire defense if used right.

Mute and Smoke are more useful now. Laying down traps shields you from Lions' ability and allows you to move if you set them up right. Smoke kills Finka and teammates that are boosted, making him more powerful in the right situation.

Overall, I think the additions are well worth buying Season 3 for just about anyone and I cannot wait to see the new additions past the launch of Chimera.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I’d be talking about it if my work wasn’t keeping me crazy busy

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    lions drones seem incredibly powerful for a 3 use ability

J3qcnBP.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    30 bucks for 7 day early access to new operators seems like a heafty price.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Did the zombie thing start yet?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    30 bucks for 7 day early access to new operators seems like a heafty price.

Unless you already have 25k renown saved for each operator, the pass is good for getting them too.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    Did the zombie thing start yet?

Yes it did.

It's alright but can't say it's better than the PvP or the Terrorist hunt

fRAWRst wrote: »

They basically solidify a bomb plant/promote a rushed bomb plant strategy. If he's still got one or two uses it's very difficult to win after the defuser has been planted if he's still around.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2018
    Unlocked my season 3 packs and found a legendary Finka skin.

Also bought some weapon skins from Ubisoft with gold points and found a rare weapon skin looks great on most weapons. Also, the epic Ash trinket I got is pretty nice I guess.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Most times I see it used in Casual it does nothing. I think it works best with teamwork (like dropping a Fuze while it's active to make people move).

Since Mute is supposed to counter Lion, I also feel like he should get fewer jammers, but let them cover a larger area. Would allow defenders to move freely while in a room.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't know why they bother offering lone wolf for terrorist hunt if they don't tweak it for solo play. I finished one lone wolf mission out of like... 10. Those frickin bomb vest terries take way too many shots, and also fuck you if you're not using an AR cause nothing else will kill them...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The best way to deal with the suicide bombers is to enter the building, fire a couple shots, go back out, and wait. It requires some patience, but they follow your gunfire.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I usually start off terrorist hunts being quite aggressive because you can catch them still setting up defenses and get tons of easy kills speeding up the map.

But I constantly have an ear open for the breathing and telltale footsteps of the suicide bomber and sprint back to either a cleared out room or outside when I hear them. They go down fast enough when you line up some nice, clean headshots.

Once both are down it’s smooth sailing.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The Zombies stuff just makes me thirstier for a bigger, semi-linear (non-sci-fi-horror) story mode

There's enough smart design in this format that makes me think they could readily pull off a full-fledged campaign if they wanted
    I find the loading rooms they use to be funny as fuck though

Even with Lion the Defenders seem so strong. Idk if it's cause I switched to PC but miss the magic of Year 1.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I am a total and complete sucker for giving all these characters personalities and missions where they radio each other and I get to rescue them and hang out with them.

Please just sell me a Left 4 Dead with a billion selectable characters and a plot in the Rainbow6verse.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    I wish Outbreak had a little more meat on them bones, but I can't help but feel it's Ubi testing the waters for a new game.

As far as the new operators go, Lion has a 100% pickrate in ProLeague, which started this week. Every single attacking team has picked him. He's absolutely broken with a coordinated team, but his usefulness drops off substantially if you're not coordinating his scans. It's best to think of Lion's ability as not marking enemies when they move, but preventing them from moving in the first place. When you approach it like that, you can set it up so you know the position of some defenders and can capitalize on their inability to peek you or rotate away from a bad spot without getting caught. Combine that with drones and Jackal or Dokkaebi, it's a crazy powerful ability that you don't need to even risk yourself for. I'm not sure how they're going to tune his ability, but they've already acknowledged that he's going to get tweaked. Consider also with his ability preventing movement, and his supposed counter of Mute doesn't actually counter him. Lion has no real counter other than bullets, and we saw how fun that was with Ying/Glaz.

Finka, on the other hand, is in a weird spot. You'd think that the recoil control is crazy, and it can be, but she's way less useful on the upper end of the spectrum largely because most people have gotten so used to the recoil on their guns of choice that not having to compensate messes them up. She's much more PUG friendly than Lion, but I think still could use some tuning, particularly when it comes to how shields interact with her ADS and recoil buffs.

edited March 2018
    I used to hurt for weapon skins. Now after they started handing out skins for owning different Ubisoft games, I have a plethora to choose from and I'm not complaining.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    Looks like some stuff found in the files about the Italian operators

https://gfycat.com/FearfulImpassionedGelding

I just completed enough ranked games to give me my rank.

Gold IV

I am not good enough for this rank

Also I enjoy cigar Italian operator

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Also I enjoy cigar Italian operator

You mean cigar Brazilian operator? Capitao is quite fun, though I just can't seem to make him work. Grats on gold though! You can keep playing ranked and find your true ranking (if you feel you're not gold material) and still get the gold rank charm at the end of the season!

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Nah there are leaks of the new Italian Operators for Y3 S2 and one of them is a cigar-chomping shotgun Italian (well I'm assuming shotgun as his picture has him with a bandoleer of shells).

I am now Gold III.

It turns out my tactic of running a support Operator (Thermite, Thatcher and Rook mostly) is working.

Rainbow six siege is getting a content patch. 2 new defending operators and a new map.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    Next season is looking interesting. Alibi looks great and maestro lmg on defense? Plus laser turret? I am on board.

Parra Bellum went live on the 7th. Two new operators for the defending side and a new map. I'm enjoying the hologram operator, but haven't played much of the other one.

They made a few upgrades to the UI and anti-cheat and the game looks better than ever. If you get a chance, log on and play some, the new meta is great.

oHw5R0V.jpg
This discussion has been closed.