As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - IDK

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - IDK

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    Meh, I can't even find what it means with Google...

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I chain ult all the time. I just don't feel like it right now.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Also, Terminus is more than an axe-man with a self-rez. He's an axe-man with a self-rez that also turns him into a got dang nuclear bomb...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I dunno what game this is, but I assume chain ult-ing would be coordinating your ultimate attacks back to back to maximize the effect.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Zarya + Sombra + Genji == fun times.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Are these characters from Paladins?

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I dunno what game this is, but I assume chain ult-ing would be coordinating your ultimate attacks back to back to maximize the effect.

It could also involve extending the duration of an ultimate effect to the point where it can be used again before it has had a chance to expire. As long as you can keep meeting the necessary conditions, you're semi-permanently superpowered.

If you're played Heroes of the Storm, Sonya's Wrath of the Berserker is an example of something like that. The base duration is 15 seconds with a 60 second cooldown, but the duration increases whenever you gain rage. As long as you're continuously fighting things, it isn't that difficult to push to the full duration. Run out of targets, and you could be locked out of it for upwards of half a minute.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Are these characters from Paladins?

Yeah. The big dude is Terminus. I'm not sure who the other character is, but probably Furia.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    chain ulting is not my policy, but today i just signed an order to chain ult

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    chain ulting is not my policy, but today i just signed an order to chain ult

Topical

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Obviously, the correct response was, "Pfft, only scrubs simply chain ults. I super-chain mega ults."

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Single player gamer here.
    What in the name of Kojima is a chain ult?

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    In a lot of multiplayer games each character has a powerful “ultimate” ability. On their own these can often guarantee a kill or save team mates. However with a more knowledgeable player they can be linked with their own or other character abilities to gain a larger benefit.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Maybe the question is if Tycho knows a specific ult - one that deals with chains. As in a strand of metal links.

• Options
    I don't think any Champion in Paladins has an ult that uses chains. Makoa (Road Hog except he's a turtle god) uses an anchor with a chain to hook people, though. I've never heard the term, but I assume it means to combo ults together. Like there's a character named Seris who has pretty much the same ult as Zarya. Using that to group enemies together and then using a big aoe ultimate like Skye's bomb would probably be chain-ulting.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Yeah, I chain ult all the time. I just don't feel like it right now.

"of course I could chain ult, but with this scrub team of bads it won't matter, you're all horrible and we're going to lose"

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    They really need to include tags with the comics so people can understand them.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

It's funny you should post this on a comic that is about Tycho not knowing what people were talking about, and the humor therefore deriving from that.

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

It's funny you should post this on a comic that is about Tycho not knowing what people were talking about, and the humor therefore deriving from that.

#DaikatanaWho
    #JohnRomeroHotdogWhat

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

People not understanding the comic or having to "wait for the news post" is a hallmark of Penny Arcade though