As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Well he can't sit out the year and also become a free agent so he's got a choice to make.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    He could get "hurt" and decide not to play.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    He could get "hurt" and decide not to play, again.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

He would lose so much money on the market though. Either he's barely played in almost two years because he's a serious health risk, or he's barely played in almost two years because he's a prima dona who faked an injury to play where he wants.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »

He would lose so much money on the market though. Either he's barely played in almost two years because he's a serious health risk, or he's barely played in almost two years because he's a prima dona who faked an injury to play where he wants.

I still think LA would give him a max offer sheet as soon as he hits the market, even if he played almost no meaningful basketball for two years.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

I still think LA would give him a max offer sheet as soon as he hits the market, even if he played almost no meaningful basketball for two years.

If nobody else is offering max money and Leonard wants to play for them so badly that he's literally tanking his own value... why would they have to? Offer him $20 and a bag of chips to start the negotiation.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Even if he doesn't play he's still has a resume of being a dominant player. All it's gonna take is a workout and a physical to find out if he's healthy. They're not gonna get him cheap in FA.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Predicting the outcome of this will be tough. We are in uncharted waters here

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The Spurs made it clear any deal with Philly would require Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid (likely Simmons), and the Sixers weren't going anywhere near that, league sources say.

lol

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    This is just stupid speculation cause I’ve been drinking

Leonard and Lowry to LA for Hart, Kuzma and Ball

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I would think Toronto would try for at least a couple of weeks to get Leonard to play. The LA deal isn't going anywhere and the potential upside to him kicking the tires on their franchise is way higher than anything they'll get in return.

Consider me a Lonzo Ball skeptic.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I remember when the Hawks had Rasheed Wallace for 1 regular season game then traded him for role players and a 1st

why not have Melo for 1 game

fuck it

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Is Carmelo that bad these days

• Options

Been that bad for more than a few days now.

• Options

His game has aged very poorly and OKC's attempt to transition him to a Ray Allen style catch and shoot from three role didn't go well. He was pretty mediocre in the regular season and utterly ineffective in the playoffs.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

How do you match the salaries?

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

His game has aged very poorly and OKC's attempt to transition him to a Ray Allen style catch and shoot from three role didn't go well. He was pretty mediocre in the regular season and utterly ineffective in the playoffs.

I mean, maybe when he doesn't make 27 or however much mil for sitting around he might try harder. Possibly. But that's not until next season at the earliest sooooo

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm all for anything that gets Carmelo out of OKC

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Caldwell-Pope and Deng?

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Trade LeBron.

• Options
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

I mean, maybe when he doesn't make 27 or however much mil for sitting around he might try harder. Possibly. But that's not until next season at the earliest sooooo

Nothing about Melo's career should lead anyone to believe he's competitive. He forced himself out of a decent team in Denver to go play for a terrible squad in New York that made the playoffs once and then he resigned for the max there whilst securing a no trade clause after they clearly weren't going anywhere. Melo wanted to get paid and chill in New York which is fine but there's little reason to think that at age 34 he'll suddenly find the motivation he's never had.

• Options
    If Chris Paul couldn't convince Houston to sign him, he has nothing left, or doesn't give a shit anymore.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I think Poeltl may be a really underrated part of that trade. Like, how fucking badly did the Spurs need another big? Wouldn't be surprised to see the kid starting by mid-season.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've always said that no team with Melo on it will ever win a championship.

• Options
    Also Michael Porter Jr. had ANOTHER back surgery.

• Options

Syracuse!

• Options

Syracuse!

Thanks to Peter Warrick!

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I would find it pretty funny to watch Melo get traded to a team that has Jeremy Lin on it just so they can dump a worse contract and buy him out.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Why does Atlanta want to get rid of Schröder?

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Why does Atlanta want to get rid of Schröder?

https://www.myajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-felony-charges-recommended-dennis-schroder-battery-case/4tIeajVBWsirRRMV965huM/

There's a very good chance he will be prosecuted for felony aggravated battery. Allegedly there's video proof as well.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Oh wow, didn't know about that.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular

Syracuse!

Thanks to Peter Warrick!

Not to mention that Kansas only shot 40% at the line in what was a single possession game.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    yeah Schroder is a garbage person on and off the court

when the Hawks drafted Trae and then traded for Lin I was hoping and praying he'd be gone

Xehalus on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Smarf stays a C 4/52

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

Melo is officially not a Thunder anymore. And they get Schroeder, who is a worse person (but a better player at this point)

Goose! on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Can someone explain what "wash" means wrt Melo

TIA I am a very casual NBA follower

• Options
    a wash in this case means both teams come out relatively the same in a trade result

the Hawks wanted two players for trading away two players

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Can someone explain what "wash" means wrt Melo

TIA I am a very casual NBA follower

When you say someone is washed, you mean that they used to be good but suck at their job now.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Assumed it was short for washed up

This discussion has been closed.