As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mueller Investigation] Trump/Russian 2016 election interference et al

• Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    Yea, the two inflammatory texts from Manafort's daughter I remember going around were talking about how their wealth was "blood money" from Ukraine and something about Manafort and Trump were living next to each other in Trump Tower for years and always scheming.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    So far the only thing people seem to have picked up from the texts is that Manafort is an abusive monster who did some fucked up shit against his wife, which doesn't seem relevant enough to post here.

I dunno, this seems potentially relevant:
    Received from 13014675585 at: 2015-02-27 16:19:10 Just talked to my dad. All good ab presidential suite. He is gonna email me a cc for you to use when he is at a secure location
    Sent to 13014675585 at: 2015-02-27 16:19:15 Some point today
    Received from 13014675585 at: 2015-02-27 16:19:12 perfect
    Received from 13014675585 at: 2015-02-27 16:19:26 (Russians literally hack his phones)
    Received from 13014675585 at: 2015-02-27 16:19:12 wow

His family certainly seems to know he's in pretty deep?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Either TMZ is gonna look dumb or things are getting weird. They claim Mueller is subpoenaing Kristin Davis, a Manhattan madam who is in jail and was connected to the whole Eliot Spitzer thing. She worked for Roger Stone is the connection.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Either TMZ is gonna look dumb or things are getting weird. They claim Mueller is subpoenaing Kristin Davis, a Manhattan madam who is in jail and was connected to the whole Eliot Spitzer thing. She worked for Roger Stone is the connection.

you know, a few months ago i would have dismissed TMZ as trash out of hand.

today, well, TMZ is still trash but i could believe this particular report.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

I wonder if that ties in with the old man party stuff someone shared earlier. She supplied the girls for the parties maybe?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

I wonder if that ties in with the old man party stuff someone shared earlier. She supplied the girls for the parties maybe?

Are we about to get a bunch of shit about sex parties? Is pizzagate gonna end up being another round of right-wing projection?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Are we about to get a bunch of shit about sex parties? Is pizzagate gonna end up being another round of right-wing projection?

You have to ask?

• Options
    I think it's off topic until the mods say so. I think. The way everything keeps lego'ing together makes it difficult to be sure.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Who was that lady on Pod Save America this week, that said her source that she reported to the FBI was not someone anyone would connect to the Trump organization?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Who was that lady on Pod Save America this week, that said her source that she reported to the FBI was not someone anyone would connect to the Trump organization?

Marcy Wheeler?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

You have to ask?

I’m kind of sort of a bit convinced that the Republicans and/or Russians deliberately seeded stories like Pizzagate not just so that right wing voters would believe it and share it, but so people in the center would later dismiss out of hand stories of the Republicans doing the exact same thing. One side makes an accusation, it’s disproven, the other side makes an accusation, “Jesus Christ, they’re just copying the Republican playbook. Both sides are the same. I’m not voting for anyone.”

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

Marcy Wheeler?

That was it. It was surprising how cavalier she was about it. Like.. turning over a source and then talking about it! The source must know in that case.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Apparently, there is a database of ~290k texts sent or received by one of Manafort's daughters. Apparently, Wikileaks had said database, but never released it.

Funny, that.

I just took a look at this and want to highlight something, because I was confused for a moment and others might also have misread it.

That is not 290 kilobytes of text data.

That is 290 THOUSAND individual text messages.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Marcy Wheeler?

That was it. It was surprising how cavalier she was about it. Like.. turning over a source and then talking about it! The source must know in that case.

Well, she burned the source to the FBI so I would imagine the source cares a lot less about her discussing it at this point than the FBI does.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    And I do recall stories from before the election of Trump hosting these parties

Here's one from just before the election

Ugh.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Trump sex parties are offtopic and also fucking gross like why are you even mentioning this whyyyyyy.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

Marcy Wheeler?

I wouldn't bet the house on that. It's quite likely, but the amount of truly stupid people that Trump has in his orbit, is astounding.

And then there's the undeserved ego factor that's possibly at play. "Hey, I talked to Marcy too. I wonder who spilled the beans?".

One thing that's helped me deal with this fiasco, is not overestimating the intelligence of these assholes. I try not to underestimate them either, but I've stricken the phrase "They wouldn't be stupid enough to...." from my mental space. I'm working on removing "They wouldn't be evil enough to...." as well, because the child separation thing did catch me off guard in just how far below what I considered the minimum ethical standards I felt the administration would go.

MorganV on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Trump sex parties are offtopic and also fucking gross like why are you even mentioning this whyyyyyy.

"They hung low like clementines, withered on the vine"

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

I guess I have to cut off Presidential balls discussion too?

Jesus Christ.

• Options

NBC is confirming this now.

So that's Stone (he "managed" her novelty campaign for NY Governor too) related, but things are getting real weird.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

Your work on this front has only just begun I think. This story gonna get weirder.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The Mueller investigation is basically Chihiro from spirited away. Trump is the stink spirit, and once Mueller grabs onto the bicycle handle, all kinds of fucking nasty shit is coming out.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

So that's Stone (he "managed" her novelty campaign for NY Governor too) related, but things are getting real weird.

I swear this is less like a rabbit hole and more an ants nest at this point.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Not the first time TMZ’s gotten a scoop in regard to Trump and his presidency.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Getting?

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular

Jesus Christ.

I see what you did there.

Kudos!

• Options

She's also linked to Michael Caputo. Her Wikipedia page makes it sound like most of the big NY players used her *services*.

• Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular

Jesus Christ.

Can we call them the hard and soft rules?

Doesn't it seem like this Kristen davis stuff should be a state issue? I guess she got out of jail and immediately decided to involve herself in federal crimes? Not the best move.

• Options

Jesus Christ.

Based on information that's coming out, it might be a bit hasty to castrate this angle of discussion.

• Options
    Slortex wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

Doesn't it seem like this Kristen davis stuff should be a state issue? I guess she got out of jail and immediately decided to involve herself in federal crimes? Not the best move.

We dunno why Mueller is interested in her. Other than it's a pretty strong sign Stone is fucked.

• Options

Jesus Christ.

We dunno why Mueller is interested in her. Other than it's a pretty strong sign Stone is fucked.

I'm guessing that some of her girls may have been privy to information discussed between trump and the russians, which would put this squarely in his wheelhouse.

• Options
    Gaddez wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

I'm guessing that some of her girls may have been privy to information discussed between trump and the russians, which would put this squarely in his wheelhouse.

She was released on a drug charge in May of 2016, after serving 19 months. So she would have gotten VERY busy if that's the case.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Edit: wrong thread

Couscous on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I’m pretty sure New York is a one-party consent state too. So taping their conversation would not be illegal.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    The Carter Page FISA warrant got released. Southpaw is going through it for the rest of us, but he's found a footnote that says that Christopher Steele cut off contact with the FBI and made the dossier public because he felt the Comey letter would influence the presidential election.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Carter Page stuff goes in this thread right? Cause the paperwork that was used to get his original FISA just got released.

Might take awhile to get anything useful out of it though.

Cause it was over 400 pages long.

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    If this is what house 'pubs were after, it just might have been worth it. Its more ammo to pretend that the dossier was "politically motivated."

• Options
    If this is what house 'pubs were after, it just might have been worth it. Its more ammo to pretend that the dossier was "politically motivated."

2 things.
    1. Comey's behavior at this juncture REAKED of bad faith regarding the election so I wouldn't trust him with this information either.
    2. They were already investigating this stuff months before Steel came to them.

• Options

They are going to say this regardless of the evidence. I would rather those of us who are rational and not traitors get to see the evidence.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    2 things.
    1. Comey's behavior at this juncture REAKED of bad faith regarding the election so I wouldn't trust him with this information either.

Its likely Steele already gave most of this info to the FBI already. The key change here isn't so much that he cut off the info flow as he stopped keeping it confidential and handed it over to the media (where the FBI would get access to it anyway). His purpose here was to influence the election one way because he thought Comey was tilting too hard the other.

Keep in mind that Repubs generally refuse to acknowledge the great service Comey did for their electoral chances. Therefore Steele appears to them to be acting out of "political bias" rather than trying to correct a bias.

I just think this on balance tilts public opinion (or at least enthusiasm) slightly more one way than the other, and not in the good way. This is barely a blip here but I bet its going to run in conservative circles for a while now.

This discussion has been closed.