Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah I got the starter and my friend got the sector Mechanicus and now we have all the terrain

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Tsons look good

I guess I'll be buying a box of rubrics at some point :lol:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    No big discounts or new models in the faction specific boxes means all the cards and rules will be expensive on bits sites, which is a bummer.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I spent the last couple hours helping my local GW assemble the terrain. We cross-referenced the individual terrain kits sprues with the Kill Team sprues and came to the conclusion that you're paying for the terrain and getting the books, cards, dice, mat, tokens, and minis for free.

And you want this terrain. It is really cleverly designed. It is also a joy to build, much better than the last city terrain they made.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I feel like New Kill Team is going to be better that Shadow War Armageddon based solely on the fact that it is based on 8th edition instead of 2nd edition.

In hindsight it's really obvious that Shadow War was a test balloon for future stuff. I'm honestly getting a bit of New Game Fatigue with all the stuff coming out.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen point breakdowns? I want to get this, because I don't think I'll ever get a full Tyranid army painted for a 2k army. This I may already have done.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    And you want this terrain. It is really cleverly designed. It is also a joy to build, much better than the last city terrain they made.
    Yeah, they did an interview/round table with the head of the terrain department (Ray Dranfield, @RayDranfield on Twitter) on Twitch about the kits, where he explained how the panel dimensions were based on supporting a squad on 32mm bases and the level height being equal to that width, and how those measurements are the same for the Sector Mechanicus sets so they are as compatible and flexible as possible.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I keep seeing other DE players online saying that they're fine or even underpowered and it's just like... what are you even doing with them to get that impression?

This is the set in stone list of which armies are under/over powered for 8th edition:

Armies that are underpowered (need to be buffed):
    Whatever I am playing

Armies that are overpowered (need to be nerfed):
    Whatever my opponent is playing

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Oh, haha, and the Tyranid stratagem “opportunistic advance” is hilarious.

Maybe a bit OP for only one command point, but I’m not gonna complain.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It is probably my favourite tyranid strategem, Genestealers buzzing 20" up the board in the first turn and still being able to charge, nothing wrong with that!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    The thought of magnetizing my Space Wolves Knight has slowed me down on that model.

I think I'll work on the T'au.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Busted out the Plague Marine box I had been putting off assembling and built all the special weapon combinations I normally wouldn't consider until now because "Killteam"

Flail of Corruption looks amazing on paper, but I would not normally take it because I like to run Plague Marines lean and can't justify the extra cost.
    In Killteam however it looks like it could be an absolute beast of a choice, 2x D3 attacks is nothing to scoff at (especially when it is a plague weapon to boot!)

Same kind of deal with the other weapons, the combination of much smaller battlefield and insanely cheaper weapon options mean I am eager to try out toys that would be inefficient in 40k proper but take on new possibilities in Killteam.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I wonder how useful Rangers are going to be in kill team with all the negative modifiers on shooting. Maybe I can convert some Ranger models to have flamers and use them as storm guardians.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    at least you will always hit on a 6, so for some armies such as Orks the shooting phase is going to feel pretty similar.
    those that are used to a 3+ are going to feel the penalties a lot more.

I have a feeling that melee is going to be where the action is though, especially if your guys are fast or durable enough to close the distance.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Are lictors and warriors great in kill team? If so I'm pretty excited.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Now Killteam boxes are getting cracked, are we getting an idea how important the tactics cards in the faction boxes are?

Like is someone who already has all the models and terrain they need going to be buying very expensive cards in order to not be gimped?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Just watched my friend, playing Astra Militarum, get smashed over the weekend in an 1100 point game by mass dark reapers that had two psykers buffing their Alaitoc asses with Lightning Fast Reflexes just in case. It's so disgusting.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I keep seeing other DE players online saying that they're fine or even underpowered and it's just like... what are you even doing with them to get that impression?

This is the set in stone list of which armies are under/over powered for 8th edition:

Armies that are underpowered (need to be buffed):
    Whatever I am playing

Armies that are overpowered (need to be nerfed):
    Whatever my opponent is playing

Ah, yes. The eternal Balance argument.
    Paper is overpowered, Scissors working just fine. ~Rock.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Just watched my friend, playing Astra Militarum, get smashed over the weekend in an 1100 point game by mass dark reapers that had two psykers buffing their Alaitoc asses with Lightning Fast Reflexes just in case. It's so disgusting.

That is an odd point level but that is a pretty standard Eldar list. It smashes pretty hard unless you get into it with something. This is where soup comes in with custodes or blood angels.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    So, I've decided that I wanted to run my Space Marine Kill team as Crimson Fists.

I know it's a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone here had some CF transfers they'd be willing to part with?

And an even longer shot, I am wondering if anyone (multiple anyone would be even better!) here has the set of one blue and one red dice from the Imperial Knight: Renegade box they'd be willing to part with?

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Mazzyx wrote: »

That is an odd point level but that is a pretty standard Eldar list. It smashes pretty hard unless you get into it with something. This is where soup comes in with custodes or blood angels.
    Yeah, that's what I told my buddy, too. Bring in some Blood Angels and drop in on him. The stratagem that allows the Reapers to shoot the shit out of deep strikers has him cowed, though.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I told my buddy, too. Bring in some Blood Angels and drop in on him. The stratagem that allows the Reapers to shoot the shit out of deep strikers has him cowed, though.

You need to get close verse Aliatoc (sp?), Alpha Legion, Raven Guard, or equivalent. Especially the Eldar as it is more than their infantry with the -1. Especially as Guard. It makes guard shoot like Orks and that isn't good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Yup. I think my buddy is overthinking it, basically. Like "He can use Forewarned and gun down my deep strikers!" etc., ignoring that it only works on one unit of deep strikers per turn and what not.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    How many deepstrikers are you going to take, though? And they come in Turn 2 now if you're playing with the beta rule, how much of an army will you have left after two turns of being shot?

IMO maybe look into Bullgryns coming out of a Valkyrie. I'm messing around with this idea myself (well, I may do Crusaders instead of Bullgryns because they look cool, but they're statistically worse) and the Valkyrie's special rule that allows units to disembark after it moves is uniquely powerful.

You can fly right into the heart of the enemy's line, the units disembark and move normally, so although you need to disembark 9 inches away you can walk in 6 inches for a 3 inch charge distance. You will likely still need to fight your way through the screen but, well, that can't be avoided.

If you bring say, 3 Bullgryn, 2 psykers (Astropaths or Primaris, your preference) and a Priest you can hide the characters amidst the Bullgryns and buff their durability to an absurd degree with the +1 to saves and -1 to be hit powers.

• Options
    He has a Valkyrie and some Bullgryn's, I'll suggest it. He's only used them once, against me, and had hideous luck / made poor choices with them (he gets scarred easily I think). He could've dropped 4 Bullgryns in and surrounded a Rhino with 5 Plaguemarines, 2 foul blightspawn, a Biologus Putrifier, and a Chaos Lord (it was against a building, he didn't need full surround / Celestine was flying in behind him), but instead went for my backline with the plaguebursts and a leviathan dread with them.

He did not win that battle.

I like the idea, though.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I feel like Dark Reapers need to get changed to have a max unit size of 5, or something. Almost all of their issues stem from buffs being way too effective on them considering you can field a unit of 10 at a time.

• Options
    Sounds like he in general needs to realize that the threat of something is more valuable than actually doing something with a unit.

If the threat alone of an anti deep strike stratagem keeps him from deep striking, then I get a huge benefit without having to use any cp or position the unit to counter deep strikes. I get to use the unit for fear and another function, I get to double dip and have my cake and eat it too.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Pretty much, Inquisitor. Like I can already anticipate the argument against the Valkyrie idea.

"Dark Reapers will shoot it down turn 1 since they hit on 3+, always, and he'll make sure he can re-roll hit rolls of 1 somehow."

Mathhammer says the Valkyrie survives with 3-4 wounds left, but still.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    A fully buffed Dark Reaper unit with Guide, Doom and Jinx will very easily shred a Valkyrie in a single turn - they'd expect to do about 20 wounds.

Make them Ynnari and that turns into 40 wounds a turn. Either way it's a pretty big point investment, though.

• Options
    A fully buffed Dark Reaper unit with Guide, Doom and Jinx will very easily shred a Valkyrie in a single turn - they'd expect to do about 20 wounds.

Make them Ynnari and that turns into 40 wounds a turn. Either way it's a pretty big point investment, though.

It will, but this Eldar player is always ultra defensive. Whenever he has a choice, it's always to the defensive end of things. Ergo, he won't Guide, Doom, and Jinx. He'll Conceal, Protect or whatever, etc.

That's impossible for you to know, obviously, and what you're saying is what he SHOULD do, but I'd bet he would not knowing the guy.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Well, sometimes you'll go first, and you can deploy it out of range of Doom and Jinx at least.

I'm by no means arguing that Eldar or Dark Eldar are even close to balanced, lol, but I feel like Imperial Guard players have less to complain about than most. They've got options, try 'em out.

• Options
    I feel like you should just send this video to your friend every time he doesn't want to bring or use a unit because the enemy might shoot it in 40k, Bizazedo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8tzQnxhLg

• Options
    I loved Generation Kill.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    A squad of allied in Custodes on jetbikes can zoom over to those dark reapers and clean their clocks pretty handily while having no particular weakness to eldar weapons. They’ll get shredded eventually but that’s a ton of firepower going into a direction that you can control.

Badablack on
    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Are the KT data cards supposed to be reusable or one and done?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Are the KT data cards supposed to be reusable or one and done?

I imagine reusable? If they aren’t I am definitely going to sleeve them and write on the sleeves or something then.

• Options
    In the Winters SEO video, it says in the books you can photocopy them FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY GAMES WORKSHOP(tm).

• Options
    I started putting together my T'au. Didn't realize the Stealthsuits only come with 1 fusion blaster so I magnetized 1 model to hold either the fusion blaster or burst cannon. The magnets hold, really small ones, didn't glue them but the side of the gun doesn't connect to the hand like it is supposed to.

Minor detail but kind of annoys me. Might just be better to glue 1 with a fusion blaster and the other two with the burst cannons and be done with it.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Reivers are dumb, and they're stupid, and I hate them.

Just ordered the three pack of easy to build ones for Killteam though. They're fairly static poses, but hopefully with a little plastic surgery I can make one or two of them look unique.