As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spring into Action Figures!

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    holy mother of god. the dc line has completely blown the marvel legends figures out of the water by successfully sculpting a female figure.
    sex
    that's hot.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That would look good next to my Son of Batman Joker, as long as the scale is similar.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That could be a problem, DCD isn't typically on scale with other stuff.

B&S Joker might be a bit larger, but that might not be terrible considering it's Harley, and she should be smaller.

By the way, I love B&S Joker. I think he looks fantastic. A lot of people hate DCD for their larger figures that typically have less articulation than some would like. I personally don't like a lot of articulation.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Does anyone have the New Frontier Green Arrow figure? I was thinking of buying it for myself as a Chrismas/End of Semester present but I have only really seen pictures of it online (my LCS is woefully bad when it comes to Action Figures) in the package.

So I was just wondering if anyone had it and if they thought it was a decent figure.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    Does anyone have the New Frontier Green Arrow figure? I was thinking of buying it for myself as a Chrismas/End of Semester present but I have only really seen pictures of it online (my LCS is woefully bad when it comes to Action Figures) in the package.

So I was just wondering if anyone had it and if they thought it was a decent figure.

Every figure from the New Frontier series has been great.

Green Arrow is no exception.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ok yeah

I'm picking up Flash today.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I love the GA figure

however, his bow is fragile and somewhat tricky to pose correctly.

I had to glue mine back together after it snapped

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    He wins for the simple fact that he can do a full draw on the bow. 'Justice' Ollie is so close...but just can't make it.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    holy mother of god. the dc line has completely blown the marvel legends figures out of the water by successfully sculpting a female figure.
    Harley

I do not care how much that costs, I will make it mine.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You're in luck, cause it will probably be like $13. Unless it gets gobbled up at the stores quickly and you have to get it on eBay for $25.

Lux on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Whee! I picked up the New Frontier figures I was missing at my comic shop's Boxing Day sale. :)

Man, I really want a Wave 3. I'd like to see King Faraday, Captain Cold, Adam Strange and Aquaman.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    is there gonna be one?

I only really care about the wave 2 ones

maybe the superman one from wave 1

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    every character that was in New Frontier deserves an action figure

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    pretty much yeah

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    I'd love to see box sets of the Challengers of the Unknown and the Losers. Not very likely but it would be cool.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    why did they give fate an action figure?

he was in the story for like 5 panels

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I fail to see your point.

If you have him in hand you'll understand. Until then you will be forced to wander this earth, blind to the splendor that it brings.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, oddly enough, two people gave me the Justice Armored Batman figure for Christmas this year. Before I throw the extra one on eBay, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone might be interested in either buying it or perhaps trading it for another figure. It is really quite awesome.

51JF2nljFgL._SS500_.jpg

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    In light of my recent Star Wars kick I ended up finally buying this little 3 & 3/4 inch guy.

revan.jpg

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well I went searching for the DCUC series 1 and lo and behold, nothing! Everyone has the pegs set up, but no damn merchandise.

Anyways...Part Two of Mike Crawfords review. I want that fucking Metamorpho.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man that is cool Azrael figure.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    comicgeek77comicgeek77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i just picked up the dodson wonder woman set. they are pretty sweet-the sculpts look great especially the faces.

i also finally got around to scooping up the skrull and brood set from marvel select and zombie spidey. zombie spideys detachable leg is slick.

comicgeek77 on
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Okay so I lurked on this thread for days until I finally read all 75-76 pages...I think I'm ready to post some pics of my collection on here. These are all of my figures and my cool posters too. I've got about 20 pictures all together.
    6lkz9rk.jpg

6kqb7mv.jpg

7314fnp.jpg

6p9v88n.jpg

829728j.jpg
    6sj74ag.jpg

6z9rtbs.jpg

6u5d4lc.jpg

8ekr0ac.jpg

8an8j7r.jpg

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Here are the rest of the pics:
    7xajzmv.jpg

6lni1rc.jpg

6khpjly.jpg

6kje2jc.jpg

6kje2jc.jpg

8efyds1.jpg

8aa6vkh.jpg

6k6icza.jpg

8b4ntiu.jpg

7withjt.jpg

6ynlvk9.jpg

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oh hey sup katchem ash

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    While I'm not sure if that was a poor attempt at calling me a weeaboo or not but I feel that I do have a pretty equal blend of both comic book and anime-based figures. I just separate my figures on type so one shelf for Star Wars, one shelf for anime, one for DC, one for Marvel. So I fail to see why you called me Ash Ketchum but that might not have even been directed at me so disregard if it wasn't. I feel even more angry though now that I know how much Hush Nightwing is worth. I got it when it first came out but my roommate's little sister threw it on a hardwood floor and the left leg broke off at the knee joint and one of his escrima batons broke in two.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    jesus christ

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Was the Jesus Christ in response to the horrible thing that happened to my Nightwing figure?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That's how I reacted to that story, knowing how coveted it is.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah it was the shining part of my Nightwing collection for a long time: I've got first appearance Robin, first appearance Nightwing, Knightfall Nightwing, Hush Nightwing, Superman/Batman Nightwing, B:TAS Nightwing, and the Batman/Nightwing two-pack where he had the super emo hair. My roommate's two little sisters are retarded, destructive forces of nature. One of them is 9 and still sucks her thumb and is on her third try at first grade and EVERYONE hates her. The other reacts VIOLENTLY to everything since she threw my figure because I told her to put him back on the shelf when she was done. Poor Nightwing. So what did everyone think of my collection?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's a large collection. I really do find most of those Japanese female figures to be completely tasteless and shameless, but you have a lot of figures. I only have three figures out... Lobster Johnson, Hellboy and Mulder. A friend found Mulder somewhere and gave him to me for some reason. My nephew likes to carry him around for some reason when he visits.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think they could be displayed better. Just placing them on your dresser and window sill, combined with the posters, sort of makes your room look really tacky for how little we see of it, like a 15 year old lives there.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well its not just my bedroom. Its spread out between the living room and my bedroom. I would like to spread them out more once I got more shelves.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    No, no 15 year olds. Just two 24 year olds. Fresh out of college comic book and anime nerds.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well, I'm not going to say thats entirely the same thing...:)

But seriously, with a little polish on the display those could look really nice. Toys need room to breath and pose too!

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah the problem I have with some of my figures is that the pegs in their feet or on the base have snapped off so it's hard for some of them to stand so I have to lean them against one another. In some cases it makes for some neat pairings like with Harley & Ivy and Power Girl & Huntress but in some cases it just causes me to have to put figures too close together.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah the problem I have with some of my figures is that the pegs in their feet or on the base have snapped off so it's hard for some of them to stand so I have to lean them against one another. In some cases it makes for some neat pairings like with Harley & Ivy and Power Girl & Huntress but in some cases it just causes me to have to put figures too close together.

Go to CVS or whatever and get yourself some of that blu-tack stuff. Works wonders on fussy standers.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I kind of figured you'd have some good advice on that....while I was lurking on here before I posted it seemed like you owned just about everything. Thanks for the advice.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Using acrylic (or plastic) risers like this

a1215ct8.jpg

can also help clean up your displays, by actually making a display. I've seen them at stores like Wal-Mart and Target with the picture frames.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So the comic shop I go to offered me a deal on the Infinite Crisis figures I wanted: Metropolis-battle Batman, Wonder Girl, Firestorm, Wonder Woman, and an OMAC for $40. I think that's a sweet deal. Shall I take it?

ZombieAsuma on
This discussion has been closed.